Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2016, 12:02 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If only OTHERS would pull their own weight. I started with nothing. No reason nearly anyone else can't do what I did.
Good for you and me. I can think of many reasons beyond simple will power why others can't accomplish what we have. Bad luck of birth country, parents, location, lack of local mentors, opportunities and health are some biggies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 12:13 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Sure it might not work if you pay in the max and stay well. Life should be so good!
The difference with Medicare is that it is so stacked in favor of almost all beneficiaries.

As a long termed high earner, it will probably work for me since I have a whole list of medical issues.
Why? How many of those medical issues could you have prevented by being more responsible and making better choices/decisions?

Old 08-23-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
They both cost taxpayers money. Seniors get way more in benefits (on average 3x) that they contributed and seniors are much much much more expensive.
Again, NOT all seniors fit your description. I do not.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:17 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Again, NOT all seniors fit your description. I do not.
Of course you do and most seniors do; they are a very greedy and often selfish bunch. They want the benefits with no end, they want to pay as little as possible and they feel someone else is getting a free ride when they themselves are getting a free ride.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:25 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Why? How many of those medical issues could you have prevented by being more responsible and making better choices/decisions?
Sorry I was born with a defective heart. Who would have known as I was a nationally ranked college gymnast in the '70's? I finally found out while in med school.

Sorry I was born to my father and inherited prostate problems from his father.

Sorry that my retinas have decided detach, very near sighted, inherited trait. Predisposes to detachment.

Sorry I was not properly trained learning to snow ski and wrecked my back. I got hurt as my instructor did not properly train me how to deal with a sudden drop off. He had the chance when I had taken a minor spill in front of him. The ski resort then created a disaster by grading off a run, with a 4 foot sudden drop off unmarked in the shade. Many skiers fell off that cliff. It wrecked my back.

Life can be hard and painful. I deal with it all in stride and remain happy.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Love it. Let's starve Medicare by giving seniors only what they contributed and cut them off after that. I fully support that plan. Let's end all takers.
I'm good with that as long as it includes compounded interest. That also means eliminating Medicaid, food stamps, welfare, and every other means-tested social welfare program. If you don't pay, you don't get (with the exception of the truly incapacitated, but not the disability fakers). Period.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
You quit. You already declared here you no longer pay taxes. You are no different that every other person leeching off the system.
Incorrect. I've already paid MANY MULTIPLE times the value of what I'll ever get back from "the system."

Old 08-23-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Of course you do
No, I do not. I would have been MUCH better off self-insuring and/or purchasing my own insurance policy with premiums based on actual risk.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Sorry I was born with a defective heart. Who would have known as I was a nationally ranked college gymnast in the '70's? I finally found out while in med school.
OK, so you admit it's a KNOWN issue for which YOU should have planned/prepared but you failed to do so. That's on you. Soaking others to pay for YOUR known issues is NOT moral.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:47 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
I'm good with that as long as it includes compounded interest. That also means eliminating Medicaid, food stamps, welfare, and every other means-tested social welfare program. If you don't pay, you don't get (with the exception of the truly incapacitated, but not the disability fakers). Period.
It appears you are trying to turn your (likely small since you stopped working to avoid taxes) Medicare contribution into a profit investment when Medicare has been bleeding for decades due to the overages Medicare recipients have received. I don't care what you get, just that we turn off the benefits to seniors along with everyone else.

As for Medicaid, considering one in five seniors also received Medicaid, fine, end that too. This is what I'm talking about. Seniors constantly harping about Obamacare when they themselves are reaping so much of my tax dollars.

Quote:
OK, so you admit it's a KNOWN issue for which YOU should have planned/prepared but you failed to do so. That's on you. Soaking others to pay for YOUR known issues is NOT moral.
Seniors are soaking people and you have declared on this thread multiple times that you quit working to avoid paying taxes. Sounds like morality is not pillar to stand on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies