Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 12:12 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times

Advertisements

Obamacare is a self-destroying program. Nice work, Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 12:25 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
What I cannot figure out is why liberals wish to benefit corporations at the expense of the working man. Right now approximately 85% of my premium is paid by the corporation I work for. I would say with the tax deductions corporations get that about 10% is paid indirectly by government.

The most popular espoused single payer option is medicare for all. Currently medicare is paid about 20% by corporations 20% by individuals and 60% by who the heck knows since it is an unfunded liability.

The poor might benefit but the middle class, most of the people I know, will get screwed.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:02 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
I'm all for getting rid of Obamacare and the idea of single payer as long as we get rid of Medicare too. Seniors do not pay for the medical benefits they receive.

Few seniors have actually paid for their Medicare benefits. According to an Urban Institute estimate, the typical retired couple paid $122,000 in lifetime Medicare taxes but can expect to receive benefits worth $387,000.
(All figures are adjusted for inflation.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...cial-security/

Plus seniors get Medicare Part D and one in five get Medicaid. End it all. If government health care is bad, then all recipients should give it up including seniors. I'm tired of seniors complaining about Obamacare while they happily take my tax dollars. Give seniors a voucher or tell them once they've spent their contribution, they are done. A heart bypass, maybe a hip replacement and they can go shop for a policy like the rest of us do.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:05 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Paul Ryan to Hillary. Repeal Obamacare or face impeachment. She can't hide behind the race card.
Like Obama, Hillary is golden. You've seen all that she's gotten away with so far. She'll have the same bosses that Obama has. Why do you think she's so confident of winning the presidency? Oh, and never doubt the power of a vagina card.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:19 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Yep, people will clamor for something as well-run as Obamacare ..... brought to you by people who couldn't manage to design a decent website.

Soooooo true!

Old 08-12-2016, 04:20 AM

1,185 posts, read 1,502,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I can tell none of the Anti-ACA idiots on here are working in healthcare field.

First,the plan was right when it said everyone must purchase health insurance.

Why? Do you know how many people think ER medicine is "free"?

These are people that CAN afford it btw....i do not know why people think health insurance is not important.

So you can pay a $600 car payment but cannot something dealing with your HEALTH!

Anyway,i hope this does evolve into single payer......too many people think healthcare is free.
I think the only "idiot" in this thread just made it obvious that they don't work in healthcare.

Obamacare has been a disaster for many hospitals and the "insurance" is a scam. $8000 deductibles with $60 copays is NOT health insurance. It's disaster insurance.

The government should not in the business of telling private citizens what to do with their money.

It was never "free" for people that didn't have insurance. If someone doesn't want health insurance, they pay out of pocket.

Old 08-12-2016, 04:47 AM

158 posts, read 98,877 times
What I know:

Healthcare has never been as bad as it is now
Pre ACA i had expensive plan but it was goos
Now I have no insirance because I can't afford it. Even if I could afford the monthly premiums, I couldn't afford the deductable. And even if I could afford those, I would get billed by 5 or 6 different businesses and have to spend hours on the phone figuring out codes and crap.

As far as I'm concerned, the government's take over of my healthcare has been a disaster. I say takeover because I remember when it was rammed through at midnight on christmas eve without one single republican vote. I looked at my wife and said, there goes our good health care. It only took 2-3 years to completely wreck it to hell.

Now here we are playing politics with people's health. Just like the govt takeover of education, we are about to whitness big changes every few years as politicans fawn over their new plan to fix the terrible plan the last politician had. All the while we will only get older and more and more need for healthcare. I'm not sure if we will ever be able to get the govt out of our healthcare at this point.

Old 08-12-2016, 04:54 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
So how did we miss this? Like in "The Big Short," nobody asked those actually working in the doctor's offices their opinions. Dr. Tommy McElroy, CEO of an innovative concierge practice, Echelon-Health, is puzzled: "When the [ACA] was written, nobody came around to ask doctors what would happen when the most complicated patients were shuttled to the exchange plans. A small practice can't survive; that's why doctors are being bought up by hospital groups or abandoning insurance altogether for membership medicine."

With more doctors jumping ship and healthy patients choosing to take the annual penalty rather than buy extremely overpriced exchange plans, what's left to avoid a healthcare economic freefall? President Obama and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton both have recently touted a renewed push for a government funded "public option." What irony, as the "public option" looks an awful lot like the government bailout of the mortgage banks. Only here the big health systems and insurers are too big to fail.

"The Big Short" opens with Mark Twain's thesis, "It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Providing affordable insurance to the chronically ill is a dilemma. Those who were certain the healthy exchange customers would flock to pay for health insurance that is starting to cost more than their mortgages were just flat wrong. Hopefully a more humble answer is found before this bubble bursts.
The big ObamaCare bubble

Another example of the imbeciles running our government!
Over the last 3 decades in Europe we have seen doctors reprint sick as they make the same money on sick leave than working and the work load being too much.
The system is always broke as it is short on money with less people paying in and people getting older.

Therefore what Palin called death panels are indeed in place but don't take the word literally in all cases.

It is more that a panel decided who gets a new hip, etc. which usually comes down to above 70 than forget about it.
Doctors will tell the person it is your age just have to get used with to this being part of getting older.

My family dealt with that and so did my in laws and everyone else I know. When a family member came over here and got very sick we learned within 24 hours what was wrong while in over 20 years in Holland we never knew.

Doctors over there are not stupid but just aren't allowed to test on everything like they do over here.

Over there they feel.the system work as they all can see a doctor with now a lot of co.pays and less care but most people don't even realize how bad it is until the go abroad and get sick.

The annual exams over here are not performed over there due to the cost and results and if it saves more life's it will add to the cost of the health care system so not benefitting the government.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:28 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
We already have a system that users like, that keeps costs down, and gets people good coverage. It's called Medicare. It's time for "Medicare for All" in this country. The idea that I, as an individual, can negotiate with insurance companies and health providers better than the federal government does, is a completely laughable one.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:34 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I can tell none of the Anti-ACA idiots on here are working in healthcare field.

First,the plan was right when it said everyone must purchase health insurance.

Why? Do you know how many people think ER medicine is "free"?

These are people that CAN afford it btw....i do not know why people think health insurance is not important.

So you can pay a $600 car payment but cannot something dealing with your HEALTH!

Anyway,i hope this does evolve into single payer......too many people think healthcare is free.
I can tell none of the pro ACA idiots on here have had to use the "healthcare" they can get from government. I was recently looking for a doc and dentist in my area because, fortunately, I still have choices (I have not and will not pay for ACA "care"). Reading reviews, it is extremely clear what kind of "care" people were getting...never seen so many one stars on reviews. That was not VA. People like to harp on the VA, that government run healthcare...the idiots think government run healthcare is great? The reality is you can expect to, and WILL wait months for your appointment. So nice to see so many who:

a) pretend to care for the poor (that was the point of ACA was it not?) not once admitting that what "care" the poor get is just short of "horrific"

b) have no problem with people waiting months for an appointment and things getting worse during that wait.

If libs truly cared for poor people, they would never tolerate ACA. Reality is that libs are not honest. This isn't about helping anyone, it's about controlling the people, just like everything else that libs push for and demand while calling everyone "racists" for NOT supporting such garbage from the government.

What libs fail to understand, as evidenced in the post above whining about car payments, is that you don't get to control how other people spend their money...that's all you libs ever try to do: dictate how someone spends their own damn money. If someone doesn't want to buy healthcare or pay for insurance, that is their right. Stop whining about using the E/R - the ACA didn't save anyone a dime on that. "We have to pay for those who use the E/R as their doctor" and we STILL PAY for those people ... just stop the fricken lies, libs. Disgusting pukes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies