Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 05:57 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
As sure as I speak, the day is fast approaching when gun ownership in this country is going to be a thing of the past if this gun violence issue is not dealt with, and soon.
Why do you want to see so many piles of dead lefties and federal employees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 05:59 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
We have. Long hard prison sentences for gun crimes.

Are you onboard?
Obama commutes sentences for gun crimes.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:04 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you have a small problem though, and that is the posse cumitatus act. that basically states that the military, which the national guard is a part of, cannot be used as law enforcement against US civilians in this country.

also note that the military takes an oath to support and defend the constitution, which means they are allowed to ignore unlawful and unconstitutional orders. and an order to collect guns from citizens is an order that is both unlawful and unconstitutional.

sorry bob, but you have too many problems to overcome at this point. now if the progressives manage to get the posse cumitatus act repealed, and get the second amendment repealed, then perhaps your dreams of a gun free society could come true, at least as far as law abiding citizens goes. criminals will still have their firearms that they get on the black market.
No where in this entire thread did I state the guns should be taken away from law abiding citizens.
I am only advocating that the people who are legal gun owners should step up too the plate and help find solutions to all the gun violence going on in this country.
There has to be answers to this.
I am also not advocating repeal of the second amendment, but sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, it is most definitely on the horizon unless something is forthcoming to put an end to all the violence.

It was "acceptable" as long as blacks were killing blacks, and latino gangs were killing one another, but now rouge cops are killing unarmed people, and communities are striking back by killing cops.

This has to stop.

Many of you stated the amendment would never be changed, and those are the same people that said Obama will be a great president, and that things in this country would improve under his administration.

It would be wise to remember, nothing last forever, and laws and mandates are being changed all the time.
One need look no further than the current immigration mess this country is in presently, caused mostly by an inept leader.
You don't think your government is presently dictating policy to the citizenry?
Guess again, and mark my words, unless you gun people get involved, and speak up in this gun violence issue, you will lose, and lose plenty.

You just might want to take a look at my profile statement, it is clear and to the point.
It covers ALL facets of life.
"Those who will not listen, must feel".

Bob.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:11 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you have a small problem though, and that is the posse cumitatus act. that basically states that the military, which the national guard is a part of, cannot be used as law enforcement against US civilians in this country.

also note that the military takes an oath to support and defend the constitution, which means they are allowed to ignore unlawful and unconstitutional orders. and an order to collect guns from citizens is an order that is both unlawful and unconstitutional.

sorry bob, but you have too many problems to overcome at this point. now if the progressives manage to get the posse cumitatus act repealed, and get the second amendment repealed, then perhaps your dreams of a gun free society could come true, at least as far as law abiding citizens goes. criminals will still have their firearms that they get on the black market.
So howcum the national guard killed four students taking part in a peaceful protest. Was Kent State before your time?

Not the first time the constitution was completely ignored; just read what Lincoln got away with.

So much for the posse cumitatus part of that equation.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:15 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Why do you want to see so many piles of dead lefties and federal employees?
Classic!!!!

Old 08-10-2016, 06:19 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
No where in this entire thread did I state the guns should be taken away from law abiding citizens.
I am only advocating that the people who are legal gun owners should step up too the plate and help find solutions to all the gun violence going on in this country.
There has to be answers to this.
I am also not advocating repeal of the second amendment, but sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, it is most definitely on the horizon unless something is forthcoming to put an end to all the violence.

It was "acceptable" as long as blacks were killing blacks, and latino gangs were killing one another, but now rouge cops are killing unarmed people, and communities are striking back by killing cops.

This has to stop.

Many of you stated the amendment would never be changed, and those are the same people that said Obama will be a great president, and that things in this country would improve under his administration.

It would be wise to remember, nothing last forever, and laws and mandates are being changed all the time.
One need look no further than the current immigration mess this country is in presently, caused mostly by an inept leader.
You don't think your government is presently dictating policy to the citizenry?
Guess again, and mark my words, unless you gun people get involved, and speak up in this gun violence issue, you will lose, and lose plenty.

You just might want to take a look at my profile statement, it is clear and to the point.
It covers ALL facets of life.
"Those who will not listen, must feel".

Bob.
Rogue cops huh? 98 percent of these are legit. For the few that are not legit they get charged.

Stil, don't flee fight resist break the law and you won't get shot. Simple

Old 08-10-2016, 06:25 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
The police may give the finger, but the national guard, who is sworn to duty, would ignore anyone who gives the finger.

Do you actually believe the 2nd amendment could not be repealed, or changed?
You can't possibly be that stupid.

Bob.
Any politician that openly advocates for the repeal of the second amendment can watch the quick painful death of their political career.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:29 PM

1,185 posts, read 1,502,052 times
I'll relinquish my firearms when all governments do the same.

Until then, screw off.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:33 PM

1,185 posts, read 1,502,052 times
Quote:
Do you actually believe the 2nd amendment could not be repealed, or changed?
You can't possibly be that stupid.

Bob.
Any politician that tried such a stunt would more than likely be taken out of office, possibly through force. I can't see the 10s of millions of gun owners standing by and letting that happen, especially not in today's political climate of open border policies and islamic terrorism.

Dan.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:33 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
The left knows they can limit ammunition. Thats where they are going..
If you really want a good read, Paul Howe wrote a short piece on how unlikely and difficult it would be to get peoples guns. The amount of effort proves it wont happen. And all the laws and EOs just make more people into criminals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies