Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 11:43 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times

Advertisements

Yes, the republicans will bounce back. The old farts will be dragged kicking and screaming into the new millennium by the younger generation. Republicans under 35 can't stand trump. In four years they will have more power and greater numbers.

Or the republicans will not change, and the democrats will do something to mess up, and the republicans will win. But they're not dead by any means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 11:54 AM

121 posts, read 74,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I suspect people are supporting Trump out of blind loyalty to the Republican party. People need to wake up and see that this is a serious mistake'

And what is your opinion as to why many dems will vote for hillary?

Blind loyalty?

Because she is a woman?

Other?
Because she has the background, knowledge, expertise and character that is necessary to do the job right? Because she has extensive knowledge of international affairs and how to navigate them? Because she is able to lay out sensible plans that will actually work? Because she has the best interests of the country in mind? And because she isn't Trump (i.e. the opposite of everything I mentioned)? Are those reasons good enough for you?

The fact that she's a woman isn't even a factor... Europe has had female leaders for decades.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:01 PM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"55% of the Trump supporters aren't supporting Trump at all"

Have you personally talked to every single one of them?

You haven't asked me.

If not, your stat means NOTHING.

What does 1912 have to do with this November?
Nothing at all.
I linked the wrong tab....

Here's the right one:
Quote:
Among those who choose Trump over Clinton in the head-to-head question on voter preferences, 55% say their choice is more a vote against Clinton than for Trump. A smaller share (41%) says their vote is more for Trump than against Clinton.
U.S. voter general election preferences | Pew Research Center

Old 08-19-2016, 12:18 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't think he will be the last but it will be sometime unless they change.

George W. Bush: 'I'm worried that I will be the last Republican president' - CNNPolitics.com
he's worried. lol

Old 08-20-2016, 06:00 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Yes, the republicans will bounce back. The old farts will be dragged kicking and screaming into the new millennium by the younger generation. Republicans under 35 can't stand trump. In four years they will have more power and greater numbers.

Or the republicans will not change, and the democrats will do something to mess up, and the republicans will win. But they're not dead by any means.
"Republicans under 35 can't stand trump."

I can NEVER understand how some people can come up with these types of statements WITHOUT a single thread of data to back it up and make complete FOOLS of themselves in doing so.

The really funny thing is, they make these grandiose predictions and have never won a lottery.

One would think with ALL that "predictive" power that would have won MULTIPLE lotteries.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:03 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
I think Bush's heart was in the right place but unfortunately he made horrible judgment to start a war with Iraq and then try to nation build it....he caused much of the Republican's problems today.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:05 AM

[quote=larali;45190494]Because she has the background, knowledge, expertise and character that is necessary to do the job right? Because she has extensive knowledge of international affairs and how to navigate them? Because she is able to lay out sensible plans that will actually work? Because she has the best interests of the country in mind? And because she isn't Trump (i.e. the opposite of everything I mentioned)? Are those reasons good enough for you?

You have been "Gubered"

The fact that she's a woman isn't even a factor." [quote]

"The fact that she's a woman isn't even a factor"

It IS for MANY and they have said so.

"... Europe has had female leaders for decades."

I have NO problem with female leaders who are qualified.

I DO have problem with people voting for a person PRIMARILY BECAUSE they ARE a female.

This just a tiny sampling or her "expertise"
Amazing to me how much we have forgotten!

When Bill Clinton was president, he allowed Hillary to assume authority over a health care reform. Even after threats and intimidation, she couldn’t even get a vote in a democratic controlled congress. This fiasco cost the American taxpayers about $93 million in cost for studies, promotion, and other efforts.

Then President Clinton gave Hillary authority over selecting a female attorney general. Her first two selectionswere Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood – both were forced to withdraw their names from consideration.

Next she chose Janet Reno – husband Bill described her selection as “my worst mistake.” Some may not remember thatReno made the decision to gas David Koresh and the Branch Davidian religious sect in Waco , Texas resultingin dozens of deaths of women and children.

Husband Bill allowed Hillary to make recommendations for the head of the Civil Rights Commission. Lani Guanier was her selection. When a little probing led to the discovery ofMs. Guanier’s radical views, her name had to be withdrawn from consideration.

Apparently a slow learner, husband Bill allowed Hillary to make some more recommendations. She chose former law partners Web Hubbel for the Justice Department, Vince Foster for the White House staff, and William Kennedy for the Treasury Department. Her selections went well: Hubbel went to prison, Foster (presumably) committed suicide, and Kennedy was forced to resign.

Many younger votes will have no knowledge of “Travelgate.” Hillary wanted to award unfettered travel contracts to Clintonfriend Harry Thompson – and the White House Travel Office refused to comply. She managed to have them reported tothe FBI and fired. This ruined their reputations, cost them their jobs, and caused a thirty-six month investigation. Only one employee, Billy Dale was charged with a crime, and that of the enormous crime of mixing personal and White House funds. A jury acquitted him of any crime in less than two hours.

Still not convinced of her ineptness, Hillary was allowed to recommend a close Clinton friend, Craig Livingstone, for theposition of Director of White House security. When Livingstone was investigated for the improper access of about 900 FBI files of Clinton enemies (Filegate) and the widespread use of drugs by White House staff, suddenly Hillary and the president denied even knowing Livingstone, and of course, denied knowledge of drug use in the White House. Followingthis debacle, the FBI closed its White House Liaison Office after more than thirty years of service to seven presidents.

Next, when women started coming forward with allegations of sexual harassment and rape by Bill Clinton, Hillary was putin charge of the “bimbo eruption” and scandal defense. Some of her more notable decisions in the debacle was:

She urged her husband not to settle the Paula Jones lawsuit. After the Starr investigation they settled with Ms. Jones.

She refused to release the Whitewater documents, which led to the appointment of Ken Starr as Special Prosecutor. After $80 million dollars of taxpayer money was spent, Starr's investigation led to Monica Lewinsky, which led to Bill lying about and later admitting his affairs.

Hillary’s devious game plan resulted in Bill losing his license to practice law for 'lying under oath' to a grand jury and then his subsequent impeachment by the House of Representatives.

Hillary avoided indictment for perjury and obstruction of justice during the Starr investigation by repeating, “I do not recall,” “I have no recollection,” and “I don’t know” a total of 56 times while under oath.

After leaving the White House, Hillary was forced to return an estimated $200,000 in White House furniture, china, and artworkthat she had stolen.

What a swell party – ready for another four or eight year of this type low-life mess?

Now we are exposed to the destruction of possibly incriminating emails while Hillary was Secretary of State and the “pay to play” schemes of the Clinton Foundation – we have no idea what shoe will fall next. But to her loyal fans - “what difference does it make?”

Electing Hillary Clinton president would be like granting Satan absolution and giving him the keys to heaven!
https://asweetdoseofreality.com/2016...lary-off-hook/
Quote:
Gowdy: Good morning, Director Comey. Secretary Clinton said she never sent or received any classified information over her private e-mail, was that true?
Comey: Our investigation found that there was classified information sent.
Gowdy: It was not true?
Comey: That’s what I said.
Gowdy: OK. Well, I’m looking for a shorter answer so you and I are not here quite as long. Secretary Clinton said there was nothing marked classified on her e-mails sent or received. Was that true?
Comey: That’s not true. There were a small number of portion markings on I think three of the documents.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said “I did not e-mail any classified information to anyone on my e-mail there was no classified material.” That is true?
Comey: There was classified information emailed.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton used one device, was that true?
Comey: She used multiple devices during the four years of her term as Secretary of State.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said all work related emails were returned to the State Department. Was that true?
Comey: No. We found work related email, thousands, that were not returned.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said neither she or anyone else deleted work related emails from her personal account.
Comey: That’s a harder one to answer. We found traces of work related emails in — on devices or in space. Whether they were deleted or when a server was changed out something happened to them, there’s no doubt that the work related emails that were removed electronically from the email system.
Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said her lawyers read every one of the emails and were overly inclusive. Did her lawyers read the email content individually?
Comey: No.

Quote:
https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...-e-mail-system

The FBI also discovered several thousand work-related e-mails that were not in the group of 30,000 that were returned by Secretary Clinton to State in 2014. We found those additional e-mails in a variety of ways. Some had been deleted over the years and we found traces of them on devices that supported or were connected to the private e-mail domain. Others we found by reviewing the archived government e-mail accounts of people who had been government employees at the same time as Secretary Clinton, including high-ranking officials at other agencies, people with whom a Secretary of State might naturally correspond.

This helped us recover work-related e-mails that were not among the 30,000 produced to State. Still others we recovered from the laborious review of the millions of e-mail fragments dumped into the slack space of the server decommissioned in 2013.

With respect to the thousands of e-mails we found that were not among those produced to State, agencies have concluded that three of those were classified at the time they were sent or received, one at the Secret level and two at the Confidential level. There were no additional Top Secret e-mails found. Finally, none of those we found have since been “up-classified.”

I have PLENTY more!

Old 08-20-2016, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Nothing at all.
I linked the wrong tab....

Here's the right one:

U.S. voter general election preferences | Pew Research Center
Thank you for the correction.

As I have said, I do NOT believe in ANY poll.

Especially these early polls.

History has shown them to be COMPLEXLY UNRELIABLE as to who will win and loose an election.

Someone else posted the "polls" at this same period in time from other elections and the person leading today, lost. Conversely the person trailing today, won.

If you choose to fret or brag over every percentage point in today's poll, that is your option and I have no disrespect for you if you choose that path.

I don't' waste my time with them.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:56 AM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Ehh- Hillary is going to win this year based solely on Trump running the worst general election campaign in history. But I don't forsee a great deal of love for her should she seek reelection in 2020. And Kaine is such a generic white political guy I do not see him being any great shakes should she step aside in 2020.
Oh you poor brainwashed people. Hillary has no chance whatsoever of actually winning anything except a trip to federal prison.

I know the TV tells you how bad Trump is doing, and how Hillary is in the lead .... it's called predictive programming. And it's a set up for an election theft, if enough people are convinced it's all true.

But the reality is, Trump is crushing Clinton in real polls ... not the faked and doctored polls of MSNBC and CNN. In a live, unsolicited, undirected ABC News poll, it was Trump 67% to Clinton's 6%. This ain't Rush Limbaugh stuff, this is ABC News. You won't hear a peep from the aforementioned propagandist mind controllers about those kinds of results. But you can correlate that with the crowds attending Trump rallies who are standing room only, with thousands outside, unable to get in, while Hillary can't muster more than a couple hundred attendees, most of which are probably being paid to show up.

But go ahead and keep listening to the mind control mantras of the establishment media who keep telling you that Trump is falling apart, and Hillary is hitting home runs.

But please keep your meds close by on election day. You're gonna need them when Trump breaks landslide records, preventing the crooks from rigging the election results.

You're going to see those results, and say to yourself WTF just happened? Go ahead and take a dose of SSRI, and come back and reread this post.

Old 08-20-2016, 11:09 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Even if he was, the Democratic party would just break its self in two, just like Bernie vs Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies