Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 04:58 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,946,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I could only stand reading 2 page of this thread so sorry if this has been covered. I see once again liberals are being bashed when this is a story about a conservative news outfight that few of us have even heard of. You guys are so quick to bash the "Libs" when they have absolutely nothing to do with this story it's downright embarrassing.
I'm gonna help the Trumpettes since they are having a rough month with those "biased polls"

Need some motivation against those Liberals? Here's some inspiration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5ogJjmgpLM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 04:58 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
You can't make this stuff up.

Creme, the Constitution says THE GOVERNMENT cannot shut you up. Your momma can, your spouse can and your employer can. Go read your revered document again. Reagan even did away with the fairness doctrine, so no equal time for issues anymore. The broadcast media now figures equal time is about selling ads to each candidate equally instead of providing equal time to speak their views.

Your tv personality is free to buy his own station and say anything he pleases. Just like Glen Beck did.
yes, I understand that now...thank you....

So, b/c I'm an owner of a business....I am allowed to shut anyone down I want, and it's legal. Gotcha

I want to apologize to everyone here who was trying to explain this to me...makes sense now, in the light of a new day.

Sometimes I get so emotionally driven, that I am unable to focus on what people are trying to explain to me...plus, with the MS, it makes it more difficult.

I have re-read your posts and want to thank you not only for your patience, but for hanging in there with me and trying to get me to see what you meant. Means a lot...

Creme

Last edited by cremebrulee; 08-12-2016 at 05:13 AM..

Old 08-12-2016, 05:38 AM

23,832 posts, read 14,963,353 times
I can see the sarcasm dripping from your post.

But, yes. Depends on which state you are in. Texas is an at will employer state. Your boss can fire you if he doesn't like the way your hair looks.

There are things a boss cannot do because the EEOC will come down all over them.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
I can see the sarcasm dripping from your post.

But, yes. Depends on which state you are in. Texas is an at will employer state. Your boss can fire you if he doesn't like the way your hair looks.

There are things a boss cannot do because the EEOC will come down all over them.
No, honestly there is no sarcasm at all from that post, I'm being honest...

Old 08-12-2016, 07:58 AM

23,832 posts, read 14,963,353 times
I apologize all over the place.

It is so rare to see a poster admit to learning anything on CD, my first response was she's putting me on. Please forgive my being testy.

I, too, have learned today.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
I apologize all over the place.

It is so rare to see a poster admit to learning anything on CD, my first response was she's putting me on. Please forgive my being testy.

I, too, have learned today.
I didn't give it a second thought, and thank you....

Honestly after posting in here for many years, you tend to get defensive, b/c people do say nasty things...
nothing to forgive, I have learned something I didn't realize before.

I do appreciate your patience

Old 08-12-2016, 08:07 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,317,241 times
Never heard of Dennis Lynch or Newsmax, so I couldn't possibly care less.

Were his civil liberties violated? No? Then I don't care - it's between him and his bosses.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:17 AM

58,736 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Newsmax Host Dennis Michael Lynch Is Pulled Off the Air for Defending Fox News

I don't care what your political affiliation is, be it Dem, Repub, Independent, whatever

This is about freedom of speech and I don't want to get into a dem vs repub argument, this is not about the next President of the U.S. this is about
FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND THIS IS HAPPENING WAY TOO MUCH IN THE U.S.
THIS IS ALSO NOT ABOUT FOX NEWS...ONLY INTELLIGENT COMMENTS WILL BE RESPONDED TO....

but this, this is wrong...

DML was told by the executives of Newsmax

this certainly tells you how controlling the media is...
It is time for Americans to stop allowing their political affiliation to control who they are and what they believe...

It is time for America to stand up against this horse manure.....
Just like what happened to Juan Williams.

Of course NBC did NOT fire Chris Mathews and Kieth Oberman after they were pulled from doing live coverage at the Repub convention for being too openly biased against the repubs.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:26 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,293,292 times
Why should a source pay for someone's personal views to be put out to the world? Freedom of speech includes "Not on my nickle."

Old 08-12-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Why should a source pay for someone's personal views to be put out to the world? Freedom of speech includes "Not on my nickle."
well, perhaps not on your nickle, but on the amount of money DML was making for them? I find it hard to believe that people refuse to understand what motivates business, media, radio talk show hosts...at the end of the day, any more in this world, it isn't about doing what is right any longer, it's about "THE MONEY".

DML was reporting something they didn't want Americans to know....regardless of their political affiliation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies