Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2016, 09:41 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
More and more what is happening in Europe on the Islamic front finds its way here.

Cannes bans burkinis over suspected link to radical Islamism - BBC News

Just got back from our summer vacation and sure enough saw women in hijab on the boardwalk, in the hotel and around the pool. How long before they want to go into water wearing some form of Islamic garb? Are there ordinances that regulate what you wear on the beach or go in the ocean?
Are you kidding???!!!!????

Why on earth should anyone care?

I think bathing suits are pretty weird, I haven't owned one in 30 years.

Depending on where I am, I'm either skinny-dipping or wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

Either way, no one has ever complained or told me that I really ought to be wearing a bikini. Nor have I ever felt out of place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 09:45 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
You wanna spend $500 a day to see this? Be my guest. I am staying home.
So you spend $500/day in order to ogle strangers?

Playboy is cheaper.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:23 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
so you have no problem with people almost wearing nothing but heaven forbid a woman COVERS her private areas with fabric and all hell spills over.

Pick your battles.
Because women needs to cover their "privates" from head to toe....
Stop defending the Islamic men who will beat their women to death for not wearing this body suit.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:40 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
so you have no problem with people almost wearing nothing but heaven forbid a woman COVERS her private areas with fabric and all hell spills over.

Pick your battles.
The battle has been picked. We don't like the muslim garb.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:44 PM

3,700 posts, read 4,844,822 times
I only read the beginning of this thread. That being said, I live at the beach and strongly believe that there are some who live and visit these places that absolutely should be completely covered up from head to toe. and that includes all beaches and pools in every state and country I have visited. Some just arent meant to wear bikinis. Ever!

Old 08-13-2016, 02:27 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Because women needs to cover their "privates" from head to toe....
Stop defending the Islamic men who will beat their women to death for not wearing this body suit.
Actually the Quran says Bosom and down.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:26 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
More and more what is happening in Europe on the Islamic front finds its way here.

Cannes bans burkinis over suspected link to radical Islamism - BBC News

Just got back from our summer vacation and sure enough saw women in hijab on the boardwalk, in the hotel and around the pool. How long before they want to go into water wearing some form of Islamic garb? Are there ordinances that regulate what you wear on the beach or go in the ocean?
I read through this whole thread. Where did you vacation? You don't know the difference between burkinis, hijab, and burkas yet claim you spent $400 per night in your location. No, anyone who has traveled anywhere international will tell you that lifeguards don't have rules in general about what one wears bathing in the ocean. They are lifeguards, they are there for safety. There might be ordinances regarding clothing on the beach but most of those will be in reference to no nude or semi-nude bathing. You saw women in hijabs on the boardwalk? Oh my! A head covering. I see those daily. Also Orthodox Jewish women in head coverings, sometimes wigs. Can't imagine your shock at seeing a Buddhist monk in a robe or a man in a sikh turban, though my guess is you might confuse both of those with one of them Muslim folks!

Old 08-13-2016, 09:40 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
No one seemed to say squat when a predominantly Muslim country like Turkey had Burkas banned in schools and government work places. Guess the Turks knew the threat of Islamic symbolism
Yes they did. I hope they remain that way.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:29 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
If I wanted to go to the beach, why the heck would I care if people are walking around in robes and veils? As another poster alluded, if I had young children I might not want them exposed to the string bikinis and speedos you see now.

I'd rather have my children exposed to string bikinis, topless sunbathers and people in a natural, human state than a burkini. Even fat guys in speedos get my vote over a floating sack of robes in the water.

Burkas are disgusting. The human body is not.

Old 08-13-2016, 01:49 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVcamperturbo View Post
OP, these are ridiculous threads. Isn't OP the same guy who said cars should cost more than houses?
Shouldn’t cars cost more than houses?
Thanks for the plug. It has 116 replies, 4330 views and is still on page 1 after 4 months. Whatcha you got?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies