Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2016, 01:55 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

This story should excite all of you drug warriors who think the government should tell us what we can eat, drink and smoke. Events like this have helped create an "us vs them" situation in law enforcement.
--------------
Edgartown, MA — In a gross display of wasted taxpayer dollars, dozens of Massachusetts National Guard personnel, operating under a grant from the DEA, alongside Massachusetts State Police, descended into the backyard of an 81-year-old cancer patient in a raid last week — to protect society from the dangers of his four marijuana plants.

Paul Jackson, 81, of Martha’s Vineyard, grows cannabis to make medicine. His plants, along with several other plants, became the target of law enforcement last week in a crackdown on hardened criminals who’d dare to grow a plant that helps them.

Jackson was in his backyard last Tuesday when plainclothes men and a helicopter descended on his property. With no warrant, and without showing identification, these heroes ripped Jackson’s plants from the ground.

Read more at National Guard, DEA, State Police Raid 81-yo Cancer Patient's Organic Garden to "Protect" You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlBkSILA32A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 05:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Bunch of Barney Fifes without anything better to do? I'll bet this made them all feel so manly.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:10 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
That's why we have granny twelve plant

Making 16000 joints for "medicine"

Barry couldn't see his way clear to tell the dea... No..

What's Obamas end game..he's a toker joker... Retire and grow with the billionaires pot club? the

As an aside..don't need warrants for plain view...

There's more to this story

I'm sure you'll like to know I'm working my ass off on the MIS project... Identifying marijuana grows from the surrounding landscape overlapped with GIS and parcel numbers. It's in beta testing now... With drone use... Held lawful by the ninth already.

Marijuana taxes will greatly expanded the project and capabilities

Old 08-12-2016, 08:23 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Making 16000 joints for "medicine"

Barry couldn't see his way clear to tell the dea... No..

What's Obamas end game..he's a toker joker... Retire and grow with the billionaires pot club? the

As an aside..don't need warrants for plain view...

There's more to this story

I'm sure you'll like to know I'm working my ass off on the MIS project... Identifying marijuana grows from the surrounding landscape overlapped with his and parcel numbers. It's in beta testing now... With drone use... Held lawful by the ninth already.
Must be a nice break from busting kids running lemonade stands without permits (and just as important)

Old 08-12-2016, 08:24 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
The people who would make this their work and would perpetrate such an action are those who get off on control. Small minds, small lives.

Old 08-13-2016, 04:57 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Must make you and your ilk feel really macho, like real men, when you take down an 81 year cancer victim with SWAT and helicopters. LE probably bragged about it for days.

Old 08-13-2016, 05:24 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Must make you and your ilk feel really macho, like real men, when you take down an 81 year cancer victim with SWAT and helicopters. LE probably bragged about it for days.
AGREED. Takes several big, intolerant teams to 'raid' an elderly man's home. Hope they each get a commendation for their heroics in this one.

Where one or two could have easily stopped by and talked to the man, assessed the situation and even destroyed the plants with bleach or whatever, instead they choose to practice using all their latest 'toys' to bring down an 81 year old man. SMH.

He wouldn't have been growing his own had mostly red states, along with others, taken the humanitarian path to allow for medicinal maryjane for people with terminal illnesses.

Hope they're proud of themselves, because I can't imagine that many others are.

PS. I think there could be a better spokesman for the cause than the man in the OP's link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies