Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 12:35 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
With Donald Trump running as the Republican nominee it's too important to throw away a vote...
"With Stalin running, I'm going to enthusiastically vote for Hitler."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 12:46 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
"With Stalin running, I'm going to enthusiastically vote for Hitler."
Neither Trump or Hillary are Stalin/Hitler type. But you're damn right I'll be voting for the lesser of two evils... :/

Old 08-14-2016, 12:56 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Neither Trump or Hillary are Stalin/Hitler type. But you're damn right I'll be voting for the lesser of two evils... :/
They are both bad candidates, and you're still supporting a bad candidate that most likely does things you would be condemning if it wasn't for the letter D behind her name.

"I'm against bombing ME countries, but I can overlook that."

"I don't want the POTUS lying to the American people, but I think she may stop doing that."

"I hate Wall Street and big donors influencing candidates, but what choice does she have."

"I'm tired of the professional politicians that have spent most of their lives raising money for elections, but she is married to Bill."

"I was so mad at Bush for invading Iraq, but her vote giving him authorization was necessary."

And on and on.

All some people need is that D or R and they'd vote for anybody.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:29 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,997 times
The way I see it is Dem's & Rep's are bought by special interest groups. If that bothers voters, what seems to make sense is voting Libertarian Party, since they are 3rd largest & fastest growing party. They care for the 100% equally (which seems very fair, kind, & honest) & they are not for sale! They don't keep secrets about where they stand on any issue. Seems mainstream media publicity on Libertarian Party is way up.

People should not let the polls determine who they vote for. If I see Gary Johnson polling at 1% I will know it is a lie. Jill Stein voters may be understated as well. Polls can get different results with just a slight change in wording. Some polls may not reflect the feelings of all voters equally.

All I know for sure is Johnson/Weld will be on the ballot in all 50 states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

What good are any of them. The more we hear and see the more it seems that they are all out for themselves while the country and the rest of us take a back seat.

Washington is so out of touch. If Hillary gets in she will not be popular and the country will take a nose dive. With Trump he will not be popular due to he hard decisions that he will have to make to set us back on course.
This election is a bust with either Bozo getting elected but if the country survives the next 4 years will we see a real alternative emerge in a independent party the next go around?
Will people finally get sick of the old style politics?

Old 08-14-2016, 01:37 AM

Gary Johnson will be on the ballot in all 50 states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Here's my write-in vote for a tripartite Presidency:

Economic issues: Jon Huntsman
Social issues: Gary Johnson
Foreign issues: Jim Webb

Old 08-14-2016, 01:40 AM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Nobody 2016: Leadership we can trust
Liers vs Crazy😨

Old 08-14-2016, 01:56 AM

Gary Johnson wants immigrants if here to tell they're here so they can get a work visa if they have a job, & pay taxes. He wants a route to citizenship (not automatic), if they are interested & can pass the test. He fears all 50% of New Mexico residents that came from south of the border would receive poor treatment with 100% of Hispanics in this country being under investigation. He does not favor all welcome no conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Johnson is more open borders than democrats and Stein thinks wifi eats your children's brains.

No thanks.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:04 AM

Gary Johnson agrees with you they can't do most things without approval of Congress. If Johnson/Weld somehow made it to the Oval Office, they would hire libertarian-leaning pols from D & R, with hope of breaking up partisan gridlock in Congress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am an independent and don't care about partisan. I will not be voting for either nominee.

Not likely my life is going to change for better or worse regardless of who is elected.
I don't attribute or blame my outcomes on a president.

Most of the promises/ intention made during campaign season require Congress to approve. Congress is not going to play ball on everything and some initiatives will not be pursued.

I have a fantasy that Micky Mouse will recieve more votes than either candidate.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:26 AM

Libertarian Party is 100% on gun rights, no telling people what kind or how many.

Obama has that OFA Organizing for Action where he asks people to send him $5 so he can try to get some cooperation with Republicans in Congress. Never before heard of a president asking public for money when in office & not running for re-election.

I'm not interested in guns, but legal cannabis. Cannabis makes people non-violent if anything will do it. So if cannabis is legalized, we'll have fewer violent crazy-acting people, so less talk/plans about gun bans, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What scares me the most is that Hillary will have the opportunity to nominate one or two Supreme Court Justices and suddenly things such as gun rights can be going going gone.

The way Congress has been acting lately by giving Obama much of what he asks for they will surely be push over for Hillary. Do they fear being called a racist by blocking Obama? Well being a sexist is not much better.

One side or the other is sure that their candidate will save the country and the other will destroy it. It is petty politics and a game to them but this time the stakes are high. If we survive will the people finally be fed up by politics.

Old 08-14-2016, 03:18 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Gary Johnson will be on the ballot in all 50 states.
He's Pro-illegal and for bad trade deals. Johnson is no alternative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies