U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 03:20 PM

60,202 posts, read 30,630,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Before he took his own life, Daniel Fitzpatrick, taunted and bullied, wrote a final, heartbreaking letter lamenting that nearly no one tried to help him.

The 13-year-old Staten Island boy, mercilessly badgered over his weight, grades and his innocent heart, pleaded to his school for help.

But teacher after teacher at Holy Angels Catholic Academy — the principal, too — turned a deaf ear, refusing to intervene, he said in the letter that was never sent.

Finally, overwhelmed by the torment, Daniel hanged himself, his family said.

Poor Kid. RIP. Bullying is no joke. A lot of kids need to know how to cope with it, as well as confront it. I believe everyone endures some sort of bullying once in their lifetime.

13-Year-Old Staten Island Boy Committed Suicide After School Allegedly Ignored Bullying Complaints: Gothamist

Staten Island boy, 13, kills self after school ignored bullying - NY Daily News

There is really only one way to deal with bullies. Schools will not let that happen, or kick you out and call the cops if you do. In my day, it was on like donkey kong. The little guys were always the toughest and the one you really didn't want to mess with. They had been bullied, or thought they were going to get bullied(kick the crap out of the bigger dude), the most often.

Is this what happens to society when it is bullied by its government, and don't fight back.
Seems like idiots are willing to hang themselves, keeping such oppressive governments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 03:42 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,467,561 times
Angry  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4
Wait.
So his school didn't do anything.
What did his parents do?

Look at this kid's poor sweet face.
Yes this is so tragic...... I hope the school now realises WHAT THEY DID BY NOT GETTING INVOLVED

Old 08-13-2016, 06:11 PM

1,121 posts, read 542,077 times
[quote=Jimmyp25;45118879]Before he took his own life, Daniel Fitzpatrick, taunted and bullied, wrote a final, heartbreaking letter lamenting that nearly no one tried to help him.

The 13-year-old Staten Island boy, mercilessly badgered over his weight, grades and his innocent heart, pleaded to his school for help.

But teacher after teacher at Holy Angels Catholic Academy the principal, too turned a deaf ear, refusing to intervene, he said in the letter that was never sent.

Finally, overwhelmed by the torment, Daniel hanged himself, his family said.

Catholic school. That says it all. I endured years of their indoctrination grade through jr high. Like the sex abuse scandal, STILL think they are untouchable.......

Old 08-13-2016, 06:43 PM

30,430 posts, read 9,097,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is really only one way to deal with bullies. Schools will not let that happen, or kick you out and call the cops if you do. In my day, it was on like donkey kong. The little guys were always the toughest and the one you really didn't want to mess with. They had been bullied, or thought they were going to get bullied(kick the crap out of the bigger dude), the most often.

Is this what happens to society when it is bullied by its government, and don't fight back.
Seems like idiots are willing to hang themselves, keeping such oppressive governments

Exactly.

Old 08-13-2016, 06:45 PM

30,430 posts, read 9,097,651 times
[quote=mtnbkr5;45121070]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post

Catholic school. That says it all. I endured years of their indoctrination grade through jr high. Like the sex abuse scandal, STILL think they are untouchable.......

That didn't take long.

Old 08-13-2016, 06:54 PM

3,815 posts, read 3,077,207 times
I thought the Catholic religion teaches you to help the poor and/or oppressed.

But then again I never met a Catholic who actually practiced what they preached.

Old 08-13-2016, 07:08 PM

15,174 posts, read 15,218,690 times
SO SAD, he should have just took a weapon with him to school for self-defense.........severely injure the next idiot who attacks him.

I mean, yeah, if the school is so lame.....take it into your own hands.

Old 08-13-2016, 07:23 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,134,030 times
The parents knew exactly what was going on. They had been to the school to talk about it. The school sent social services to investigate them in retribution. The kid had his pinky broken by the bullies. The parents knew this was going on the whole time.

And they didn't remove their child from the school.

I'm sorry, but I blame the parents 100% for what happened. The parents should have pulled him long ago. That they didn't was completely negligent. They put him somewhere evil, and forced him to keep going back over and over again into the hands of his tormentors. Evil evil people.

Old 08-13-2016, 07:51 PM

2,554 posts, read 1,626,991 times
If it were my kid( it wouldn't be, trust me), those other boys would have long ago had a meet up with some older teens( well compensated), and the bullying would, again, trust me, have ended.

Old 08-13-2016, 07:54 PM

18,906 posts, read 8,878,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
My daughter had a problem with a boy bullying her. She told me, I wrote a letter to the teacher. The teacher brought the letter to the principal and that was that. The pen is pretty mighty if you know the correct words to use. Schools don't want legal issues.
Yes, that's a very good point. Some schools address these issues rather well, others not. Putting something in writing tends to usually get things moving right along. That fear of a paper trail can be quite a motivator.

Signed,
retired principal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies