Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 09:49 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,215,255 times

Advertisements

Kind of ironic that Trump hired a scumbag media person to run his campaign, and another one (the sex offender) to advise him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 10:00 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,018,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What Trump is doing with his blanket condemnation of the media is disgusting and dangerous. Calling them the "lowest form of life"---really? Sooner of later Trump's fan boys are going to take take him literally and when they're sitting in a jail cell I wonder if they'll wake up to the fact that they're being played.
Laughable.

They are the lowest form of life.

So what else is new?

And, pray tell, how is calling the media the lowest form of life going put you in jail?

Laughable.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:17 AM

35,556 posts, read 20,897,588 times
other countries would LOVE to have the freedom of the media -- watch what you wish for and who you call scum--- only during political years both sides of the coin get ridiculous - I am glad they are there

Old 08-21-2016, 10:20 AM

16,876 posts, read 10,539,064 times
CNN did this to itself. It was once a decent news outlet. Now it's a DNC newsletter.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:23 AM

46,891 posts, read 25,860,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
other countries would LOVE to have the freedom of the media -- watch what you wish for and who you call scum--- only during political years both sides of the coin get ridiculous - I am glad they are there
Trump on freedom of the press:

Quote:
One of the things I’m gonna do, and this is only gonna make it tougher for me, and I’ve never said this before, but one of the things I’m gonna do if I win… is I’m gonna open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We’re gonna open up those libel laws.
With me, they’re not protected, because I’m not like other people…We’re gonna open up those libel laws, folks, and we’re gonna have people sue you like you never get sued before.
"With me, they're not protected". And his followers love it.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:39 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,154,689 times
Just another target for the righties to satiate their addiction to hate.
Lets hate the media.
lets hate Hillary.
lets hate Democrats.
lets hate the gay community.
lets hate Muslims and Mexicans.
lets hate all minorities.
lets hate the government.
lets hate the duly elected President.
etc etc etc.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:41 AM

30,227 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What Trump is doing with his blanket condemnation of the media is disgusting and dangerous. Calling them the "lowest form of life"---really? Sooner of later Trump's fan boys are going to take take him literally and when they're sitting in a jail cell I wonder if they'll wake up to the fact that they're being played.
Oh please, the reason his words against the media are so popular, (NOT just from those on the right, you will see respect from many on the left as well when it comes to Trump bashing the lying scum media even if those people otherwise do not like Trump at all), is because MANY in this country, except the die hard, completely ignorant Hillary supporters, absolutely despise the media. CNN is one of the least watched stations for a reason and that started long before Trump came in to the picture.

The only people being played are the fools who stick up for corrupt, bought off media.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:42 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
If ISIS wanted to build some popularity in the US, they should refocus their efforts on news personalities.
Let's hope they start with FOX.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:45 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Just another target for the righties to satiate their addiction to hate.
Lets hate the media.
lets hate Hillary.
lets hate Democrats.
lets hate the gay community.
lets hate Muslims and Mexicans.
lets hate all minorities.
lets hate the government.
lets hate the duly elected President.
etc etc etc.
The scary part is that Trump is such a thin skinned, whiny b*tch who has now BANNED numerous media outlets who have printed critical stories about him from interviewing him and is having no trouble turning the rubes in attendance to direct their wrath against the media in attendance. He goes on his foot stomping tirades against the media at his Nuremberg style rallies, and the clueless, drooling sheep in the audience pick up on his cues and turn their hate towards the media present who are trying to cover the whole train wreck they are sitting and listening to.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:47 AM

30,227 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Let's hope they start with FOX.
You actually believe that Fox isn't also hated by most Conservatives? When are idiot libs going to get it through their thick skulls that most on the right don't trust Fox, either. Lefty fools keep slamming on Fox thinking it's a slam on Republicans...no, it's not. ALL media lies....for the love of GOD, how many times for how many years have I been saying that on here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies