Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2016, 11:56 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I'm so confused about. They keep saying "the guy killed had a gun", but they are not saying he pointed the gun at the officer. Only that he had a gun in his hand. How many times have they got folks to give up even when they have had all kinds of weapons with them. If it was such a straight forward case about this weapon, why haven't they released this photo, it can't be that hard.
It was said she had a gun also.....did she?

Report: No fingerprints, DNA tie suspected car theft to gun | New Mexico News - KOAT Home

What you have here is a police officer that routinely flaunted the rules. You have a gun with zero evidence it belonged to this woman. You had a police force that seems to have wanted to do the right thing, was stopped and is still fighting to do the right thing.

Let's say the gun was hers. That the shooting was justified. What should be done to a police officer that routinely ignores what he is instructed to do?

Old 08-16-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Yeah , yeah we know. We expect the finest and best of humanity to consign their lives to the ghetto for mall cop wages to tenderly disarm lifelong , violent criminals.
Generalization that is often times false. There are police officers working large inner cities making 6 figures. But let's run with your argument......is it O.K. for afast food worker to spit in your food because they work a tedious low wage job? Is it O.K. for the clerk at the water dept to loose your payment because she is low paid? Is it O.K. for the soldier to bust into a home and kill innocent women and children because he has a stressful job and is low paid?

Is low pay really an acceptable excuse for poor performance?

Quote:
You just don't get it. We know the police are an easily corrupted necessary evil. That's why others stay withing the lines of the law, and attempt to minimize da guberment. Its the criminals that make them necessary. Every crime that is committed justifies the police. The more they are resisted the more powerful they become. Good thing the likes of you does your job perfectly, and that you conduct yourself with the epitome of ethics. Those inner city ghettos are full perfect examples of humanity of course.
I expect the police to be better than those they police over.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
So we aren't getting any reforms... EXCEPT for body camera's, etc...
I posted an example above where a police officer ignored his instruction to wear a body camera numerous times. What good are reforms that are not enacted?

Report: No fingerprints, DNA tie suspected car theft to gun | New Mexico News - KOAT Home

The system overall is defending his actions.

Quote:
So what reforms do you want? List them.

And why do you hate cops so much? Criminal record?
I have been in a position to see the corrupt system working from the inside. It wasn't used against me personally. Too often it is not about justice but rather promotions and filling the coffers with money. If someone wants to argue that to get rid of this we have to raise taxes, I'll listen.

I do not hate cops. I hate an unfair justice system.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:41 PM

"If you don't have drugs up your ass, you have nothing to worry about".

At least he didn't get shot?

No probably cause, no anything other than not using his turn signal.

VIDEO: Why Are These Cops So Infatuated With Colons?

This is America?

"Tear it up" "I know it's in there".

It wasn't.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:55 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,790,721 times
The Communists started the violence. BLM is their front group.

"Flynn (Milwaukee's police chief) cast blame on some Chicago-based activists representing the Revolutionary Communist Party, who apparently organized young people to take to the streets and march on the then-barricaded District 7 police station, which received a number of threats.

"The (group) showed up, and actually they’re the ones who started to cause problems leading into evening by marching and trying to take over Sherman and Burleigh," Flynn said. "That was about 11:30 at night. We made it to 11:30 in the evening, and we had these characters show up …"

Milwaukee police chief blames Chicago-based activists for violence toward police - Chicago Tribune

The Party Leader admitted his people went to Milwaukee.

"That group released a statement later Monday referring to the protests as a "righteous rebellion." Reached by phone, party co-founder Carl Dix said he wasn't in Milwaukee but confirmed several party supporters from Chicago traveled" to Milwaukee.

Of course, they were just there for the Braves game, not to make trouble. What else is new?

Old 08-16-2016, 01:20 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've stated over and over and over and over that the problem does not lie with all police. That the overwhelming majority of police interactions go smoothly in any given day just as they should. On occasion one is even dealt with when they do wrong.
OK then what's the problem?

Quote:
That in no way excuses where it does not. Just because most go fine does not mean we over look where it does not.
I am guessing you are not into basic economic principles like opportunity costs. We could certainly shift massive amounts of resources to this problem , however as implied in the other comment at a cost. We may very well have the best and brightest join the police force while we have second rate vascular surgeons lose 5,000 more patients a year. In fact this seems to be the success ratio of BLM. For every person they save from police brutality , a hundred are killed in under policing. So we can save a life long criminal by accepting that a few children die from stray bullets.

Quote:
I've stated that to undertake civil disobedience one must be willing to accept the consequences. I've never said we should over look anyone that breaks the law. Torch a police car, get caught, you should be prosecuted.
I never said that anyone should not enjoy jumbo shrimp with cocktail sauce on their yachts.

Quote:
When a police officer or a prosecuting attorney lies or hides evidence, what should happen?
You think you are going to have a well organized civilian organization in crime ridden areas? You will never address civil rights in crime infested neighborhoods with 85% fatherless homes. You live in a dream world. People will put up with police corruption when the alternative is flash mobs, arsonists , punch out game, car jacking, rape and murder. No one want to live or work there, including competent police.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
OK then what's the problem?
We are going to find out.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:28 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I'm so confused about. They keep saying "the guy killed had a gun", but they are not saying he pointed the gun at the officer. Only that he had a gun in his hand. How many times have they got folks to give up even when they have had all kinds of weapons with them. If it was such a straight forward case about this weapon, why haven't they released this photo, it can't be that hard.

Really? I've read several times that he turned towards the officer with his semi-automatic weapon.
In who's rule book does it state that the armed guy running away from the cops gets to turn and take the first shot before the cops return fire?

Old 08-16-2016, 01:38 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Quote:
Generalization that is often times false.
There wasn't even a generalization in that statement. I did not take some statistic and apply it to a specific case. Do you understand that an improper generalization is to say you own a Buick because you belong to a demographic with that tendency? Step it up...

Policing is just another economic problem. When I have to fix something at my house , and I decide not to fix it myself, not only do I need to pay more money but I also invite the possibility of corruption. They may do shoddy work , or even case my house.

Quote:
There are police officers working large inner cities making 6 figures.
Cite your sources. Show me a new recruit getting near six figures to work on the Chicago West side.

Quote:
But let's run with your argument......is it O.K. for afast food worker to spit in your food because they work a tedious low wage job?
I don't care if its OK. I know it will happen with the right circumstances. I know of a case where someone pissed on the grill. Cops eat spit all the time.

Quote:
Is it O.K. for the clerk at the water dept to loose your payment because she is low paid? Is it O.K. for the soldier to bust into a home and kill innocent women and children because he has a stressful job and is low paid?
And since its not OK with you it never happens either huh?

Quote:
Is low pay really an acceptable excuse for poor performance?
You get what you pay for, sorry.

Quote:
I expect the police to be better than those they police over.
I expect the da guberment to be prone to corruption, and is by definition know it to be an institution that uses force , negative reinforcement, and punishment. Why in the hell do you think these people are going to be you pals? I avoid contact with the police as much as I possibly can. People in your neighborhood do nothing but petition da guberment.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:39 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,076 times
Quote:
There are millions without jobs. One should get themselves into huge debt to get an education to get a non existent job? What if 100,000 extra left college in 4 years with an engineering degree? How are they going to pay this money back when there are only 8000 jobs out there?

They should all just become music mogels? You've shown you can unlike others critically think and understand the problem when the facts are presented to you. Above are the facts. There are a very limited number of jobs out there that require a college education. If everyone that doesn't have a job went this route, engineer jobs would pay minimum wage.

This isn't something these people have complained about for six months. They have lived it their entire lives in some cases. Why shouldn't people be upset to have to work all day for a few bucks when Wall Street can just snap their fingers and get the government to simply create them billions of dollars and they don't have to do anything?
I do agree with many of your points here in this thread and about lying cops. Me, my brother and many other white boys also fell and continue to fall victim to lying cops, and get treated like sh*t by Corporate America-whom I despise. It isn't just blacks victimized by these bad actors, plenty of whites get the shaft as well. Do we burn down our homes and threaten violence? some do yes, but most realize that will really make it worse. you arent wrong, you're also not alone. why do you think I left America- certainly not to frolic with kangaroos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.