Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 01:31 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,794,281 times

Advertisements

MAP: Chicago weekend shooting tracker for Aug. 19 - 22 | Chicago Sun-Times

Updates automatically with new shootings. Good to watch on a slow day, before football starts, etc.

Is there a way for Chicagoans to make their feeling known about police, having a police presence, policing policy, etc., other than random quotes in papers, twitter that basically shed much heat but little light and are usually made when passions are high?

Voting is absurd: there's only one party. Community meetings are taken over by activists, organizers with their own agendas.

Maybe all Chicagoans should be given guns, shooting instruction, target practice. I can't believe violence would increase from its already nosebleed level. Then everyone could shoot cops, thugs, bystanders, whoever suited them. Maybe more people would rob stores or more robbers would get shot or both.

They could use Uber to get the wounded to hopitals, the dead to morgues. Pick up a pizza on the way home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 01:36 PM

811 posts, read 550,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
How can police investigate homicides when the standard reply is "I ain't seen nothin'"???

Snitches get stitches, so the police weigh their personal risk and choose to just report and retreat.

As someone else said, cause and effect.
You do understand part of the "no snitching" culture is because you're putting your own safety and family at risk right? If you witness a brutal mirder what makes you think those murderers will leave you alone.

Where do you go when the word gets out you reported to the police a gang member that murdered someone and they let the other members know that weren't arrested "the person that snitched on me is ___. He lives on ____ go take him out for me". You're from the suburbs I bet you don't understand how the hood is. Stick to what you know.

By the way, your precious police sometimes have crooked ones that are connected to gangs, so your "anonymous tip" rebuttal I'm sure you'll give is void.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:52 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,794,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
You do understand part of the "no snitching" culture is because you're putting your own safety and family at risk right? If you witness a brutal mirder what makes you think those murderers will leave you alone.

Where do you go when the word gets out you reported to the police a gang member that murdered someone and they let the other members know that weren't arrested "the person that snitched on me is ___. He lives on ____ go take him out for me". You're from the suburbs I bet you don't understand how the hood is. Stick to what you know.

By the way, your precious police sometimes have crooked ones that are connected to gangs, so your "anonymous tip" rebuttal I'm sure you'll give is void.
We have the same thing here. Ghettos are run by gangs. Cases fall apart because witnesses don't show up to testify. Guys get stabbed but didn't see who did it. And there're no witnesses. People are afraid to go out, their kids get killed, wounded, or recruited. Sometimes all three. That anyone makes it out, lives a normal life, is miraculous.

None of this is accidental. It's a direct result of the due process revolution of the 1970's and the criminals' protection movement of the 1960's. The people who were behind those wanted to make ghettos as bad, unsafe, dangerous as possible. Then, in the future, ghetto violence could be exploited for their purposes.

All is going according to script.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies