Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 11:13 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,553,800 times

Advertisements

Is the liberal now FOR the anarchy and armed resistance against the government by a bunch of racist white slave owners?

Please note many of those slave owners such as Jefferson never considered blacks could be civilized. His words, not mine:

"I advance it therefore as a suspicion only, that the blacks, whether originally a distinct race, or made distinct by time and circumstances, are inferior to the whites in the endowments both of body and mind."

Since the liberals like to abolish our history. Let's do it right!

FYI: I am just being sarcastic here.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 08-14-2016 at 11:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 11:15 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Jefferson didn't seem to have a problem with black bodies in his bedroom.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:38 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
I thought it was about kicking the King of England out of our affairs.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:07 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,435,798 times
History is just that, history!

Old 08-14-2016, 06:09 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
What's the matter, you people don't like fireworks? Damn, next we'll have to kill the Easter bunny.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:15 PM

6,106 posts, read 4,601,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
What's the matter, you people don't like fireworks? Damn, next we'll have to kill the Easter bunny.
^^^ If I'm really being honest, I think this is the thought process of most people when it comes to holidays in general. Most people really think about the more superficial aspects of them, or a few key buzzwords, but don't really extensively explore the good, bad, and ugly of their history or context. Sure, there are a few people who spend each holiday spending their time deeply reflecting on the meaning of each, but most people only look at the superficial traditions. Also, since Americans have so few holidays compared to other countries that are relatively prosperous, they just don't want to put much effort into doing that. Not that people shouldn't think about the deeper meanings of holidays like Independence Day, but in reality, most just want to zone out and enjoy a well deserved day off!

Old 08-14-2016, 06:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Is the liberal now FOR the anarchy and armed resistance against the government by a bunch of racist white slave owners?

Please note many of those slave owners such as Jefferson never considered blacks could be civilized. His words, not mine:

"I advance it therefore as a suspicion only, that the blacks, whether originally a distinct race, or made distinct by time and circumstances, are inferior to the whites in the endowments both of body and mind."

Since the liberals like to abolish our history. Let's do it right!

FYI: I am just being sarcastic here.
The Great Emancipator!!
Lincoln thought the same as well, Stating, the Freemen will never be equal to the white man.

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”

Abraham Lincoln
(1809-1865) 16th US President

Source: Fourth Debate with Stephen A. Douglas at Charleston, Illinois, September 18, 1858
(The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume III, pp. 145-146.)

Old 08-14-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Great Emancipator!!
Lincoln thought the same as well, Stating, the Freemen will never be equal to the white man.

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”

Abraham Lincoln
(1809-1865) 16th US President

Source: Fourth Debate with Stephen A. Douglas at Charleston, Illinois, September 18, 1858
(The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume III, pp. 145-146.)

I really hate to say it, but 150 years later and it looks like Lincoln may have been wise beyond his time.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:35 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
You don't hate to say it.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
You don't hate to say it.
That got personal quickly.
I had higher expectations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies