Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 03:15 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Y'all need to stop this "you black people had a black president!" Nonsense. That's exactly why he was put in office so whites can use him as a "look at Obama!". He's a token, just like the woman you put in your office so you aren't deemed sexist. Obama is not black. He is a half-breed. He came from a white woman's lower area. Whites have had white presidents before him, so why are there still poor white people? This is y'all logic.

When we get an actual black president who had a black mother/father talk to me. It'll never happen but yea I'll wait.
That came out of left field. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 03:18 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
No I don't think it was good that tax payers bailed out Wall Street and bankers .. People that did shady stuff should of been in jail .
Big banks got assets for pennies on the dollar .
Good example is Chase buying Washington mutual .

On the other hand a huge amount of households don't pay federal income taxes . Forbes estimates over 40%. I don't think these Milwaukee riots are tax payers . Unless you are talking about paying tax when they buy beer or cigs
Tax is tax but moving from there. Why is it wrong for everyone to benefit from these destructive programs? We agree they are wrong but doesn't it make it even worse when only the very few benefit from the bulk of the money?

People argue that those at the bottom should get an education. Sanders had an program where schooling would be provided for them by a small transaction fee on Wall Street trades.

It wouldn't be huge but it would be getting some of the money to the lower rungs AND helping everyone.

The bail out was a bad idea. Maybe college funded this way is not the best idea BUT we can't turn back and take all that money back. Why shouldn't more benefit?

Old 08-17-2016, 03:23 PM

20,629 posts, read 19,289,703 times
Quote:
Y'all need to stop this "you black people had a black president!" Nonsense. That's exactly why he was put in office so whites can use him as a "look at Obama!". He's a token, just like the woman you put in your office so you aren't deemed sexist. Obama is not black. He is a half-breed. He came from a white woman's lower area. Whites have had white presidents before him, so why are there still poor white people? This is y'all logic.

When we get an actual black president who had a black mother/father talk to me. It'll never happen but yea I'll wait.

Visual-laxative is about right. You took care of my lower parts, and its fine machinery now with the chief, lower part mechanic in da house. . Fast acting . Don't gotta wait.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:27 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,934,674 times
"The rich people are not trying to give us none."

My God, you lazy a$$es are living off of the government now. Guess who is supporting you? Try going to school and then getting a job and work for what you get for a change. Give me, give me, give me is all you hear. We are giving you what you have now. That is why you have time to go out and riot and burn businesses down. I say it is time to stop giving and make you work for what you get.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:00 PM

811 posts, read 548,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Visual-laxative is about right. You took care of my lower parts, and its fine machinery now with the chief, lower part mechanic in da house. . Fast acting . Don't gotta wait.
Lol clever spinning of my name I actually laughed.

Eithe way laugh all you want. It is a fact he came from a white woman. When our president looks like Danny Glover (which whites would never let happen) then we can say black president. Until then we have a bi-racial president.

And also again, having a "black president" doesn't mean black people will all magically be rich. Yet again, if that's what it takes why are there still whites struggling when white presidents are in office

Old 08-17-2016, 11:14 PM

31,955 posts, read 14,955,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
"It's sad because you know, this is what happens because they're not helping the black community, like you know, the rich people, they got all this money, and they not, like you know, trying to give us none."

So despite 8 years of a black President's increasing exucutive orders, black Americans income inequality has soared to record highs.. and yet they continue to support the handouts-party?

The black communities are the poorest of neighborhoods in every city and always has been. You can move over a few blocks and have the middle class, then move a little further and have the rich. What governor has ever been focused on the poor. You blame Obama but republicans presidents have done nothing.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:16 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Feel good legislation that is never enforced!

That should shut them up for awhile.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:20 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,735,369 times
Quote:
And also again, having a "black president" doesn't mean black people will all magically be rich.
The only way to make black people all magically rich would be lump sum reparations payments, which I doubt will happen under any race of president. And even then it would be only a short time before the wealth was transferred from blacks to assorted dealers in luxury cars, clothing and other goods.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:57 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The only way to make black people all magically rich would be lump sum reparations payments, which I doubt will happen under any race of president. And even then it would be only a short time before the wealth was transferred from blacks to assorted dealers in luxury cars, clothing and other goods.
Blacks were improving and doing well until we started shipping all of the decent jobs elsewhere.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:25 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,831,796 times
[quote=MetroWord;45132719]

Quote:
Ever heard of learned helplessness? I used to work for habitat for humanity. One thing I started noticing is the attitude of a lot of poor people.
What kind of attitude do I have?

Quote:
See, many poor people have accepted that no matter what they do the end result will always be the same, which is them remaining poor.
Which is true for those of us who are disabled through no fault of our own. The only way out of poverty is to play the lottery and win, which I refuse to do, because I can't justify the expense of even a one dollar lottery ticket.

Quote:
If one is hung long enough, one will be used to being hung. That's what learned helplessness is.
I see.

Quote:
This is also why poor people make decisions that make no sense to the rest of us. They can't help it.
Which decisions do I make that make no sense to you? Shoot me a list, and I'll give an explanation.

Quote:
All they know is being poor.
And for those of us who are disabled through no fault of our own, this is all there is.

Quote:
The only way they can see being lifted out of poverty is by someone else lifting them out of poverty.
I don't want anyone else "lifting" me out of anything. There would be no point, because I can't work. Plus I don't have any desire to accumulate more and more possessions that I wouldn't have any use for, and no room for it anyway. My worth as a human being isn't defined by income level.

Quote:
It's entirely up to them to lift themselves out of poverty.
How are you going to tell someone who has no boots, to pull themselves up by their bootstraps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies