Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 11:00 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I have discussed this several times on this forum, and always, people come into the thread and laugh...well....it isn't a laughing matter and it is happening...
Point and laugh, because you've been had.

Quote:
Do You Remember 1987?
Nope, so I looked it up. You should have, too.

Quote:
"By a Muslim terrorist sir". Ollie answer.
"Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"
"His name is Osama bin Laden, sir", Ollie replied.
At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. "Why are you so afraid of this man?", the senator asked.
Lie. Oliver North didn't mention bin Laden, he mentioned Abu Nidal.

Quote:
The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip. By the way, that senator was Al Gore.
And another lie. The questions were asked by John Nields (google him), not Al Gore. (Nields isn't a senator, but what is one drop of bad information in a torrent of deception?)

Don't take my word for it. Here's Oliver North's own attempt at setting the record straight:

http://www.boycottwatch.org/misc/ima...h_Response.pdf

Pertinent bit - all caps in the original, sorry:

Quote:
THE TERRORIST WHO THREATENED TO KILL ME IN
1986, JUST BEFORE THAT SECRET TRIP TO TEHRAN, WAS
NOT USAMA BIN LADEN, IT WAS ABU NIDAL (WHO WORKS
FOR THE LIBYANS -- NOT THE TALIBAN AND NOT IN
AFGHANISTAN).
Here's an excerpt from the actual hearing.

http://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/ollie.pdf

You've been had. Someone put a deliberate lie to you, and made you repeat it. Are you going to reassess the reliability of the person(s) who lied to you (and the conclusions you inferred from their lies) or are you going to double down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 11:05 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,863,608 times
Quote:
I have discussed this several times on this forum, and always, people come into the thread and laugh...well....it isn't a laughing matter and it is happening...

They are specifically breeding for this purpose...

Also, Muslims that were living in America, were dancing in the streets when this happened...they were celebrating the event...every news station reported it, showed pictures of them celebrating and dancing, every news station was involved, however to date, nothing has been shown ever again about it, until Trump mentioned it.
9-11 Attacks: The Five Dancing Israelis Arrested on 9-11

Old 08-15-2016, 11:24 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Point and laugh, because you've been had.

Nope, so I looked it up. You should have, too.

Lie. Oliver North didn't mention bin Laden, he mentioned Abu Nidal.

And another lie. The questions were asked by John Nields (google him), not Al Gore. (Nields isn't a senator, but what is one drop of bad information in a torrent of deception?)

Don't take my word for it. Here's Oliver North's own attempt at setting the record straight:

http://www.boycottwatch.org/misc/ima...h_Response.pdf

Pertinent bit - all caps in the original, sorry:

Here's an excerpt from the actual hearing.

http://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/ollie.pdf

You've been had. Someone put a deliberate lie to you, and made you repeat it. Are you going to reassess the reliability of the person(s) who lied to you (and the conclusions you inferred from their lies) or are you going to double down?
Nope, I haven't been had....your right about Bin Laden, I to, looked it up, and your right about Abu Nidal...and thank you for the links.....interesting....

However, the entire concept of it all, still holds true...actually, I've also learned that there were also drugs involved....apparently drugs were give to Ollie and some others, for artillary...which is what they were saying, but find that hard to believe....and Reagan said, over and over, that he knew nothing about it? I don't believe that....

But the fact of the matter is, that Washington has been in play with Terrorists for a very long time, probably way back to Kennedy....(I'm just guessing) Because Russia has been funding them...for a long time...

Yes, your right the names have changed, but I still stand by what I've said...

and as far as people dancing in the streets and roof tops, it was way more then 25 people....

That I saw for myself...news stations were showing people engaged in this celebration from around the U.S., unless the media was making all this up, however, they were showing footage from around the U.S. where Muslims were in fact celebrating...I remember the people on the roof top, but there were many more, in the streets, etc., celebrating.

Whatever you chose to believe, I believe that Muslims mean us harm....they want this land...and they will never blow it up for that reason, so they have devised a plan to take over the world....which is what they are doing in Europe and have also targets the U.S.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 08-15-2016 at 11:34 AM..

Old 08-15-2016, 11:30 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
North never said he was afraid of bin Laden.

At the time, bin Laden was among the Afghanistan resistance forces fighting the USSR, and we were arming bin Laden, among others. He was one of the good guys then.

North did mention Abu Nidal in his testimony.

Did Oliver North Warn Congress About Osama Bin Laden? : snopes.com

No, that is incorrect. We were arming indigenous Afghan groups through Pakistani Intelligence, mainly with Stinger missile systems to bring down Soviet helicopters. We never directly gave money or weapons to Bin Laden. That's a myth.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
RW fiction. Never happened.
oh, it happened, but the names are wrong....it certainly did happen....

Old 08-15-2016, 12:20 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
RW fiction. Never happened.
"The TRUTH, you CAN'T handle the TRUTH"

Old 08-15-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I can see it another way. Perhaps the Kenyan Muslim demanded they do their jobs.

How many were let go for cheating at poker? Going on a drunken bender in another country? Closing their eyes and minds to the enormous amount of rapes?

I lived among some military brass. They were all a bunch of slackers. They all retired and went to work for private companies hired by the Pentagon. E-Systems got a bunch from the Air Force. I thought Blackwater/Xe/Academi was doing most of the work.
"They all retired and went to work for private companies hired by the Pentagon."

So?

Shouldn't they "cash in" on the vast amount of knowledge they have attained?

MANY people leave a company and go to work for another company which will pay them better.

Some become contractors.

Their KNOWLEDGE is VERY VALUABLE.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Felon Oliver North is far from a creditable source for anything accept maybe illegally running drugs and guns.
"Felon Oliver North"

Wishful think.

I hope you enjoy being disappointed!

Old 08-15-2016, 12:28 PM

It has always disgusted me that North was the fall guy for all of this....

Old 08-15-2016, 02:52 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,428 times
Quote:
yes, and even odder, is the fact that so so many Americans Hail Reagan as a hero, forgetting all about the Iran-Contra Affair...Reagan threw Ollie under the bus, claiming it was all North's fault...and Reagan said he knew nothing about it...Hog Wash!

Often wonder, if when Ollie North took that position, if they know ahead of time, that this could happen...in other wards, if North, knew, in the event of a press release, that he would be the heavy for the President?

I'll tell you something else....

I believe Hillary is going to win the election, and if she does, and the IRS is now investigating the Clinton Foundation...

Then, sometime between November and January, Hillary will be indicted.

The IRS is now investigating the Clinton Foundation and the whole e-mail thing isn't over yet."

"Once under indictment she won't be able to assume the Office of the President in January. Tim Kaine, who will not actually be the Vice President because neither he nor Hillary have been inaugurated, and cannot assume the Presidency."

"The Speaker of the House can't move up to it because there is already a sitting President and Vice President, so President Obama, in an Executive Order citing, "emergency situation," gives himself another four years in office is the only way possible."

I believes Obama has been planning this for a while now, knowing he has enough on Hillary to indict her. Had the Attorney General indicted her based on evidence from the FBI this plan wouldn't have worked because the DNC would have quickly come up with another candidate.

There is no doubt in my mind that Obama is Muslim...and the sick truth about this whole thing, is, that Bush did such a God Awful Job, that I actually voted for Obama in his first term....

They've all been in on this, and the playbill is all about "The Money".
So, Bush sis an awful job? Any specific area? And, was this specific (awful job) something that McCain wanted to continue? Obama in 2008 was the same man he is today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies