Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 08:13 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Till the BLM fools start slamming hood rats as hard as they keep slamming the cops; I DON'T care what happens to their kind. Period.
I seriously don't think you care too much about any issue that primarily affects black Americans... So this attitude isn't surprising..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 09:05 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
It's never mind because you put your foot in your mouth. Glad you're starting to come around...
When did I put my foot in my mouth? You're F'n delusional.

We're still waiting on the Black Lives Matter movement to show up and start helping the black community down here, we're still waiting on the Black Panthers to show up and start helping these poor black people. Until then we'll keep taking care of everyone regardless of skin color, because that's just how non-hyphenated Americans are.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:20 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Why shouldn't we be? On average you're an uneducated group of violent and opportunistic punks looking for someone to hurt, take advantage of or kill. Basic statistics prove that you can't even get along with your own people, you kill each other like wild animals with no regard or respect for human life. You act illogically and unpredictably, you burn your own communities while griping about not having anything, you shoot each other while crying about people getting shot, you blame everyone but yourself for your problems and you fail to understand the root problems in your own communities. You respect no laws and you even kill the police officers who are trying to protect your already fragile communities. You attack those who try to help you, you kill your brothers and sisters over petty arguments and you have the nerve to wonder why other people are concerned with you?
Do you even know any black people? Co-workers? Friends? Neighbors?

Because, yes, there is an inner city hot mess, but you can't go around painting everyone with that brush. My black friends are firefighters, IT experts, medical people, etc.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:41 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Just in case anyone is wondering.
How much did you donate?

Old 08-20-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
How much did you donate?
As much as I could financially and more than most physically, I'm heading back home to Houston tomorrow night but I'll be back on Thursday to pick up where I left off.

I've yet to see a single BLM or Black Panthers member helping anyone here in Baton Rouge, I guess they're all busy burning down another black community or something like that.

How about you? How much did you donate?

Old 08-20-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

Because, yes, there is an inner city hot mess, but you can't go around painting everyone with that brush. My black friends are firefighters, IT experts, medical people, etc.
I think a better question along those lines -- because it has more actual meaning -- is do you have Black friends and associates that you invite to your home, or whose home you go to?

Old 08-20-2016, 11:13 PM

Quote:
As much as I could financially and more than most physically, I'm heading back home to Houston tomorrow night but I'll be back on Thursday to pick up where I left off.

I've yet to see a single BLM or Black Panthers member helping anyone here in Baton Rouge, I guess they're all busy burning down another black community or something like that.

How about you? How much did you donate?
Who (not names, obviously) are you donating to and helping?

Old 08-20-2016, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Who (not names, obviously) are you donating to and helping?
I'm helping various family and friends who live in the affected area, at last count I'm connected in some way to about 38 flooded homes in some way or another. I primarily came to drop off my camper so my sister and her family had a place to sleep while we get her home gutted and ready for repair, there isn't an open hotel room for 50 miles of here and that's just going to get worse.

I brought my trailer/truck bed full of food, clothes, and cleaning supplies with me. About $700 of that came out of my pocket and the rest came from friends and neighbors nearby in Houston. I also donated cash to a local church who has been feeding tons of people since the flood took place.

Would you like to make a donation?

Old 08-20-2016, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

I know quite a few black people, some of the most upstanding people I've ever known are black.

I'm not friends with, associated with, acquaintances with or neighbors with any black person (or any person of any color for that matter) who supports the Black Lives Matter movement. My black friends are engineers, police officers, medical professionals and things like that as well, what's your point?

Old 08-21-2016, 12:02 AM

Much like Black Lives Matter and the Black Panthers, I guess my friends have disappeared when reality came around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies