Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 08:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
It's so alternative and hip to be a Republican right now, given that it's so mainstream and predictable for millenials to side with the Democrats.

Would you agree?

People say liberals dominate Hollywood and the media, but conservatives have Bill O'Reilly (television), Rush Limbaugh (radio) and City-Data members (online media) — all influential right now.

Conservatives have that toughness to them and people now like to be seen as "tough" in times where political correctness has gone too far. It's all about now having a very hard exterior.

I think the Republicans will rise again with this hip new movement.
Nothing cool, or tough about using majority in Congress for no other purpose than to gain more power. The newest "investigation" right before the elections is a good example where their focus is.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:47 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
It's so alternative and hip to be a Republican right now, given that it's so mainstream and predictable for millenials to side with the Democrats.

Would you agree?

People say liberals dominate Hollywood and the media, but conservatives have Bill O'Reilly (television), Rush Limbaugh (radio) and City-Data members (online media) — all influential right now.

Conservatives have that toughness to them and people now like to be seen as "tough" in times where political correctness has gone too far. It's all about now having a very hard exterior.

Lol. Is that you Reince?

Old 08-17-2016, 08:49 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Man, that's some good **** you're smoking.
I'm an independent that leans right.......way right.

But even I gotta agree, someone's been mainlining the peanut butter.

CN

Old 08-17-2016, 08:53 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Lol

Old 08-17-2016, 08:56 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:

duh uh, you just proved the point.

The left is as dull as an ice cub in a boiling bath.

Exhibit A : use of cliche`.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 08-17-2016 at 09:07 AM..

Old 08-17-2016, 08:59 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Well, I've heard that Limbaugh likes to get high. OxyContin or Percocet, whatever. Sometimes I'll tune into his show for 30 or 40 seconds (all I can take) and it's obvious to me that he's high as a Georgia pine. I grew up in the '60s, man, and I can spot a doper from a mile away.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I agree. Democrats are the party of boring.

Its led by Dana Carvey's church lady with the only spicy thing added to the Benghazi barbecue. Do try the pickle though. Its a good pickle. She is like an exhumed bone of an old saint , surrounded by canned laughter. I felt like I was just served Stoffer's Lasagna every time I see her dried lips move which reminds me of turning on the wipers after a snow.

Yeah youse guys ober by der at the democratic table are so hip. Try not to break it goin up the stairs.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yes because a history of ending slavery is nothing to be bragging about

Democrat history of slavery, Jim Crow, Trillion dollar deficits, killing cops, and killing babies....now that's something to be proud of.
Well they do have a point. The Jim crow Democrats decided to go Republican, and i didn't see much of an objection. If you are going to go with 19th century Republicans than the slave trope from the 19th century counts too.

As far as I am concerned , north of the Mason Dixon line , nobody had anything to do with Slavery . The North had to hold its nose and work with the slavers because the British and the French would have mopped us up. And believe you me those Southern white gents absolutely detested the Yanks even into the 50s and 60s.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:14 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,069 times
Bernie was 'HIP'. The GOP and their agenda never will be 'hip' with young people.

They're too stuffy, judgemental and narrow minded to appeal to the optimistic and forward looking mind set of youth.

The GOP message of doom and gloom will never appeal to a generation of idealistic young people looking ahead to a a future that reflects their openness and acceptance.

How easily you forget the brighteyed immortality of youth. Feel kinda bad for you.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:14 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:

Would you agree?

Good Lord what a lame spin. Just because something has lost popularity it is declared hip? I guess it would be hip to still use an old 486 computer then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies