Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 11:49 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
people are always afraid of what's different. it's inherent in the GOP platform where ignorance runs RAMPANT!
Yeah, it sure seems that way, considering their platform this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 11:51 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Yeah, it sure seems that way, considering their platform this year.
it's a shame because I actually agree with conservatives on many issues, especially the 2A. But it's embarrassing to watch what they foam in the mouth over.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Oh brother. Just because women reject these poorly written laws (one cannot substantiate how a person identifies just from them entering the bathroom) that leave open the possibility of real predators to abuse the laws, doesn't mean we're AFRAID of transgender people. And I reject the MISOGYNIST notion that people who desire to keep male genitalia are women.
We don't. Well, aside from Jenner and a few others. But there is a process, and it takes time. Plus surgery is heinously expensive, it takes a while to save up for it. I despise what I was born with, but I'm stuck with it until I can have surgery.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:54 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Why would people be up in arms about this? Plenty of stores and restaurants have single stall bathrooms. I'm female, not transgender, and I prefer them. Love the privacy.
There will be one, like with Wal-Mart. And, probably like Wal-Mart, when you need it, someone will be in there and have set up for awhile or so was my experience when having to take my adult son with DS to the restroom. Still doesn't solve the video taping in the dressing rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Try not to confuse people who are so ready to have a temper fit that they didn't stop to understand single stall (as in completely private and nobody else in the room no matter their gender)!
One single stall and still allowing males/females to use the gender between their ears rather than their legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Single stall bathrooms may be in the future for all public places. Either that or simply remove gender and gender identity and simple have "Penises" and "Vaginas" restrooms. If you have a penis, you use the "Penises" room and vice-versa.
With just one bathroom as a single, the problem will still exist plus the dressing rooms will still be open to everything. Their gender is between their ears instead of between their legs, thus cannot be verified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
What does Target plan to do with their dressing room policy? They let men use the women's dressing room. That is even worse, imho.
That's where the trouble seemed to be. Men using their phones to videotape young women undressing. And, it was teen boys but older adult men doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Has there been a case of sexual assault reported due to this?
Just videotaping. Are you saying you wouldn't mind yourself videotaped undressing? What about other family members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
A man was arrested for videoing women as they changed in the dressing room.

Transgender person arrested after taking photos of others in changing room | Latest News - Home
There was more than one incident too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No shortage of males and females who are uncomfortable/ become anxious when using multi stall/ urinal/ sink facilities.
Really? I wonder if they can get psychological help for that or should that be considered a verified disability requiring special accommodations. Again, that is a between the ears issue.

Quote:
and that person was arrested, right?

how do you stop people from committing a crime before they do it?

with many transgenders it's impossible to tell they aren't the sex they are dressing as. Should the dressing room attendant grab the crotches of every customer before letting them in?
You don't give them the opportunity to commit the crime in the first place thus all the noise about this. A man doesn't have to be dressed as a woman to share that facility, just "feel" like a woman. We can't question "feelings" because that is just not "pc". We have to let them commit an offense and then we'll look into the matter.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
it's a shame because I actually agree with conservatives on many issues, especially the 2A. But it's embarrassing to watch what they foam in the mouth over.
I agree! I'm also a Second Amendment supporter. I have no problem with guns at all. But yeah ,they're getting all wound up over the wrong things.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:02 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The danger is not from transgenders. The danger comes from men dressed as men who would be protected from being questioned as to why they are going into or loitering outside the women's restrooms or changing rooms. Other than the Houston ordinance (which was defeated), I'm not sure if any other law has this effect.
Bingo. And that is the issue with Target's policy. Predators don't even have to put on a disguise to gain access to women's dressing rooms.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:05 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
We don't. Well, aside from Jenner and a few others. But there is a process, and it takes time. Plus surgery is heinously expensive, it takes a while to save up for it. I despise what I was born with, but I'm stuck with it until I can have surgery.
If someone is diagnosed by medical professionals, and their mental health is in danger without it, I do think the surgery should be covered by their insurance. What I dislike is this sexist narrative--represented by Caitlyn Jenner in a negligee on the cover of Vanity Fair--that the meaning of womanhood is wearing makeup and prancing around in sexy clothes. Nothing wrong at all with doing those things but it's a pretty shallow and insulting view that that is what makes someone female.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:07 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Haven't you ever gone into the men's bathroom even when they were present. Who cares. You guys are so paranoid about men. Please don't teach your children your paranoia.
Yes, that's just paranoia to teach children their privates are for their eyes only. And that uncomfortable feeling they get when the opposite sex is gazing at their naked body parts, teach to them, this too shall pass.

Tell me are we now removing indecent exposure (to minor) laws off regulating criminal behaviors? Seems to me that issue will become a moot point in law proceedings, when the perp that is arrested can say, 'I had a feminine or masculine moment'.

Women in Men's Bathrooms vs Men in Women's Bathrooms (google search results)
  • My Life In The Locker Room: A Female Sportswriter Remembers The ...
  • Why aren't male reporters allowed in women's changing rooms as they ...
#####
  • Man caught undressing in front of girls at Green Lake locker room ...
  • Man strips in front of girls in locker room, says transgender law allows ...
  • Chicago Public School Bathroom Policy Allows Boys to Undress in ...
  • Man in Women's Locker Room: 'I Have a Right to Be Here'
  • Man in women's locker room cites gender rule | KREM.com
Now what was that question you asked?

Old 08-18-2016, 12:11 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Yes, now it is possible for the criminals to lock themselves and anyone else in the bathroom with them.

The problem isn't a lack of being able to lock a door, tue problem is allowing political correctness to permit a man to use toilet facilities designed and purposed for women.

You were born either male or female. Let the first PC advocate stand up when a female of an animal species gets killed and see if they have the same reaction as when a male is killed. Now add a newborn into the picture.

To further illustrate, take a group of hikers. Some are male, some female and some believe they are the opposite gender. Everyone has to "go" in the woods.

They are a group who only know each other casually, say a workplace retreat, something like that.

You happen to be there. Your wife and daughter have to "go" and walk into the woods. Its getting dusk.

A person appearing to be a man decides to go ad well so they walk in the same direction wifey and daughter went. You as the husband and father pay no attention and think, oh, he must be a transgender undergoing therapy or physical conversion?

Maybe one day we'll all be so enlightened that one can be male on Tuesday and female on Saturday but not yet.

How is it that any person can be so selfaware as to know they are born with the parts they should not have yet be so selfish as to be totally unaware of others and demand that for the sake of themselves hundreds of millions of other people must change, not because of necessity or well being but because it can be done?

Old 08-18-2016, 12:18 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
people are always afraid of what's different. it's inherent in the GOP platform where ignorance runs RAMPANT!
Both parties will find themselves on the wrong side of some issues.

The GOP will slowly come around on many LGBT issues.

Although I'm not a Republican, I am a conservative who is trying to open the eyes of other conservatives.

The GOP should embrace LGBT people, because they share many values and opinions. Gay people tend to be more conservative economically and tend to favor smaller government control. I would guess this to be true for transgendered people, but since I don't know any outside of CD, I don't have the chance to discuss such matters with them like I do with gay and lesbian people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies