Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 11:55 AM

4,796 posts, read 2,801,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Women and men are equal, it was drilled into me in college. But sometimes women are more equal - actually better than men in most things we are now learning. Same goes for other groups. The only group on the decline are men because men are too stupid/laid back to care about what is happening. Maybe that is whh the white liberal elites want to bring Sharia to the west.
Even if we grant the definition of white Liberal elites, why would they want to bring Sharia to the West? Even on the face of it, that statement doesn't make any sense. Western Liberal elites are presumably doctors, lawyers, CEOs, high government functionaries & a handful of similar people - most of whom don't deal on a day-to-day basis with slaughtering animals by slitting their throats & bleeding them out, making the Hajj (nor any of the other ritual requirements of Islam), oppressing women, homosexuals, carrying out honor killings, inflicting genital mutilation upon girls, & so forth in a systematic way.

In terms of definitions, Islam is classed as an Abrahamic faith. I don't know enough about the ins & outs of the theology, but if that's true, then Islam springs from a similar background to Judaism & Christianity. Someone else will have to thrash through that argument, though. My observation is that if this is true - If Islam springs from a similar origin to the other two faiths, then Islam is also of the West - or @ least no more foreign to the West than Judaism or Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 01:02 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
One should not question the intelligence of others while misspelling their thread title.
One should not confuse intelligence with knowledge or skill . Many unintelligent people know a lot, some unintelligent people think they know quite a bit and then we have those who, thinking they know a lot also think they are intelligent.

Old 08-20-2016, 01:08 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
This is a controversial subject. It seems like, when you look at the top achievers in society, men dominate. It pains me to say it, but I can't find any example of truly innovative females. Where are the female Steve Jobs, Shakespeares, etc. ?
Many of them won't put the time to do anything extraordinary.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:33 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Many of them won't put the time to do anything extraordinary.
Most of them don't have someone at home scrubbing the poop off their undies for them while they put in time doing extraordinary things.

If you think about it, most women don't have the social support men do to go out and accomplish great things.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:49 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Males do tend to dominate each end of the bell curve. More males are geniuses and more are total morons. I've met more of the total morons.
This. Question answered on first page.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:58 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Madame Curie?

It helps to pay attention during education so that tunnel vision and being completely unaware of things doesn't make one display it.

Its an insult to women to ask such a question. Granted one may not know of women's accomplishments but for crying out loud, how does one get through high school and not know some of them?
Also, Ava Lovelace. She was pretty amazing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_Lovelace

Old 08-20-2016, 06:31 PM

21,137 posts, read 19,714,475 times
"The hand that rocks the craddle rules the world."

Old 08-20-2016, 06:35 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
"The hand that rocks the craddle rules the world."
I tried to rock a craddle once..it bit me!

Old 08-20-2016, 06:55 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Like somebody said upthread.......men make up the majority of both extremes, geniuses and tards.

Boy, it is so obvious that there are a LOT of very dimwitted men in society....dumb as a lobotomized gorilla. I would say that 25 to 30 percent of the male population is dumb-or-worse. With Females, the dumb-or-worse population is probably around 10 to 15 percent.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:11 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
If I'm making broad generalizations, men, by nature, tend to be more aggressive and competitive which not only drives them to excel but also makes them most likely to demand recognition and accolades. That said, I know many driven, very accomplished women who are at the forefront of their fields, including medicine, research science, music and literature, so I don't give much credence to the original premise of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies