Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 01:51 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

I look at it like this. They are cutting back on jobs at their newspapers. Eventually it will dawn on them why this is happening. Right now, a Drudge link keeps them on life support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 01:55 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,120,976 times
Media that report opinion as news should lose their First Amendment privileges. The guaranty is for a free press, not a free ad agency.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:59 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Media free fall will continue. Daily News (NY) put itself up for bid-highest bid was $1. They rejected it.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:13 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,702 times
American journalism is full of deluding, misleading and befooling of american people.
But good news is that the EU journalism is not better.
Both American and the EU news outlets are spreading BS and are distributors of the western lying propaganda that supports banker's and the big transnational corporation's plans.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:41 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Default RIP American journalism

Yes, it really is different now. Journalists have always been biased, but now they have openly become cheerleaders rather than just biased journalists. It's no wonder that Americans trust in the media is at an all time low.
------------
Donald Trump may or may not fix his campaign, and Hillary Clinton may or may not become the first female president. But something else happening before our eyes is almost as important: the complete collapse of American journalism as we know it.

The frenzy to bury Trump is not limited to the Clinton campaign and the Obama White House. They are working hand-in-hand with what was considered the cream of the nation’s news organizations.

The shameful display of naked partisanship by the elite media is unlike anything seen in modern America.

The largest broadcast networks — CBS, NBC and ABC — and major newspapers like The New York Times and Washington Post have jettisoned all pretense of fair play. Their fierce determination to keep Trump out of the Oval Office has no precedent.

American journalism is collapsing before our eyes | New York Post

Old 08-21-2016, 02:43 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
I recall reading about wretched AJ in the CW, 1898, Vietnam, so you know it appears to be cyclical.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
US mainstream news is essentially state owned.
But state owned by Soros, the Rothschields etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
You can go on YouTube and listen to--watch--the US ambassador to Russia telling Putin personally that the US Government wants to put weapons systems of mass destruction with nuclear capability in the Ukraine, pointed at Russia, ONLY because ram panting up a military industrial complex and tax payers paying for these weapons systems creates wealth for military contractors and employees people. Putin laughs, congratulates him on his diplomatic skills, but told him he's not persuaded that weapon system would not be meant as a threat to Russia. Putin then goes on to say why not build the US economy up and create US jobs by investing US tax dollars into pharmaceutical cures and other humanitarian causes, why he asks spend it on weapons that cause such mass destruction and push Russia and America closer to the brink of nuclear war.

Has the US mainstream news sources reported this to the American public at all? No. Yet it is all on video and you can hear the US ambassador speaking in English (the Russians speak over him and provide captions in Russian, but you can still hear his comments in clear English if you listen closely).

It's amazing when you go on YouTube and listen to Putin himself and speaking either before his own Russian people (he routinely sits for question and answer shows with them) or international journalists. He is 360 degrees different than US news portrays him as a lunatic mad man void of reason or statesmanship. He speaks more diplomatically and rationally than either Hilary Clinton or Trump..
You are correct and you see the situation soberly.
I am jew but fluent in Russian, and am watching/listening to Putin's conferences, speeches and statements without a translator. But what I see the american media saying after is total BS, misinterpretation, misrepresentation and warmongering lie. Putin intentionally demonized by the western propaganda, meanwhile Putin is perhaps the only world leader on our planet who is truthful, peaceful, sane and open to any constructive cooperation with any country. Putin is not enemy of the american people at all. He is enemy to the globalist profiteers who are ruling America actually. Obama serviced them and their interests, not the american people. Now they choose Hillary who will work for them. And all the Shillary voters should know that!

Old 08-21-2016, 02:48 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I never said that. I was simply responding to your post stating the following:

My question again, and I'm sure you know exactly what I mean: Do you support left-wing media bias. In other words, are you OK with it and do you feel it is ethical and honest?
No I do not support any bias. What I do understand that parts of news are editorial and show bias. But there are also investigative parts that do not show bias. Seems a lot of folks do understand this and throw the baby out with the bath water. You know who would agree with me? Steve Bannon.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
Media that report opinion as news should lose their First Amendment privileges. The guaranty is for a free press, not a free ad agency.
Spot on!

Old 08-21-2016, 02:54 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
A good article in the NY Post about the blatant bias portrayed in every major media outlet this election cycle.

It's disgusting and completely un-American.

American journalism is collapsing before our eyes | New York Post
The orange maniac is a unique threat to American democracy and any media outlet not exposing just what a joke his candidacy is is frankly not doing their job imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies