Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 06:03 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Maybe every single male on earth should know to not rape drunk women, sober women, young women, old women, women they know, women they don't know, etc. That would be a start.

Should be common knowlwdge at this point.

As for the particulars of this case, it seems all three were in high school and drinking.

I say the female who intitated the sex should also be charged with rape because the male was intoxicated and unable to consent to sex.

If we continually allow female rapists to to go scott free, they'll just be emboldened to rape drunk guys again.

Acquaintance rape/date rape of drunk males is a serious crime that can devistate a young man's life, especially when the female rapist later realizes she regrets what she did, or what she did becomes known, and accuses her innocent victim of rape in order to cover her actions.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:23 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Is it up to me to fund the social structure police and legal system to referee what happens between a man and women behind closed doors? Proving these cases is extremely difficult. People have to assume some risk. I really don't want to spent vast amount of resources to protect half naked drunks that can't remember what they agreed to do, especially when creating legal pretzels like arresting the drunk man who molested a drunk women , who then gets arrested for drunk driving. Is she responsible for her actions or not?

I certainly would agree that a clear case of a man having sex with women passed out in a case that can be proven should be serious a crime, just not as serious as a violent forcible rape. Some of these cases are diluting the importance of these very real rape victims.

The problem is that what makes sex acts that are always legal become criminal acts that are always illegal is the next-day recollections of a female who was drunk enough to pass out and may regret or misremember what she did.

Would we accept this extremely drunk individual's testimony in a court of law if he/she were the witness to any other alleged crime like an armed robbery or a hit and run?

Complicating the matter is the fact that many times what was consentual sex at the time becomes a problem later on when the female participant who is engaged to be married/married to her dream guy discovers she has missed her period.

The "passed out and raped" scenerio then goes a long way to explain why she is knocked-up by a guy she allegedly never agreed to ****.

The rape accusation serves as a proverbial get out of jail free card for females who regret or simply don't remember what they did when the consequences of their actions catch up with them.

The permutations in these cases are endless but the story is always the same.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:52 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
I agree this isn't a perfect world, but we should strive to get as close as possible. First step in this case is to punish the criminals appropriately in order to deter future crimes.
First step is to deal with reality and act responsibly so as not to place yourself in a situation in which you are victimized! I completely agree that there is no place in the justice system for leniency for rapists because of their race, community standing, etc. Lady Justice wears a blindfold for a reason!

Yes, of course swift and approriate punishment should be placed on the convicted criminal, but IMHO that is merely "passing the buck" and excusing yourself from the responsiblity of your own protection.

By claiming that "we live in a rape culture," and that "men need to be taught not to rape," women are being mislead into a victim mentality that tells them that they should not have to be responsible for their own safety and that anything that happens to them is because of others and there is nothing they can do.

What happened to empowering women????

Old 08-24-2016, 12:57 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
My statement is neither of those things.

Again, the post I quoted was just another attempt to shift the blame away from where it rightfully belongs. It's today's version of "Look at how she was dressed, she was practically asking for it!".

All the talk of the "personal responsibility" in this thread centers around the woman not getting drunk, and not the guy NOT raping someone. Odd....
No, shifting blame is when you fail to take responsibility for your own personal safety and blame it on "rape culture" or excuse your lack of protecting yourself with the lazy rationalization that you should be able to "insert dangerous behavior here" without the resulting consequences.

I am sick of this "new" feminism that seeks to paint women as victims and then demeans efforts to empower women by telling them to take care of themselves to avoid victimization.

We live in an effed up time people!

Old 08-25-2016, 05:19 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,638,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
What a sick sad statement...

There's a pond full of alligators with a warning sign and someone swims anyway and get bitten. I guess the alligators need to be restrained and not the moron who ignored the sign.

Women want to be empowered but don't want the responsibility that comes with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies