Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 12:39 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,439,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I love it. love it, love it. Wait for the facts. Seriously? Do you see my join date? My post count? The only time you guy's want to "wait for the facts" is when the Law and Order side looks like it does now. Where are the facts in the not that recent anymore shooting where the suspect supposedly has a gun? It took years for the facts of the Chicago shooting to ever come to light, and man was that a bombshell. So, no, I think I will use my common sense here if it's all the same to you. Unlike some other recent shootings I honestly think the officer was simply hasty (don't ask me how I know), and now regrets what, in hindsight, was perhaps inadvisable. Emotionally charged? Not yet. Keep watching this space, you may see some.
I couldn't care any less about your post count or join date, that doesn't mean anything. Do what you want, cry all you want it doesn't affect me in the least. I'd rather wait for the actual facts instead of making them up to justify my emotions. It doesn't matter to me either way if he's guilty or not and it shouldn't to you either. The only thing that should bother you is if he IS guilty and nothing happens, but the case isn't at that point yet. Wait until then to get all charged up.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:42 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly.

I love how Not Me Officer says how we don't know how many bad guys he came in contact with. What does that have to do with anything?
In rare cases it could. Very similar to PTSD. BUT it is near impossible to get an officer that might be suffering from something like this off the street. The system will fight tooth and nail to stop it from happening also.

Look at the incidence in Cleveland. The officer had already lost a job for being not able to handle the job. He had already lied in his official capacity of a police officer. He freaked, killed a kid and lied again. He is still a police officer.

Quote:
So to use that logic, a waitress just gets done with a table of real jerks who give her a hard time and leave a bad tip, so the next table she waits on she should just slam the menus down and be rude to the new people.

Some people just don't have what it takes to wait on tables, or be school teachers, or work in hospitals, or be cops.

A shame he can't admit that, and always has to defend them.
I can. I admit that I might want to shoot the guy also. We can allow it to happen though.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:03 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And why haven't we heard anything at all about why the cop actually squeezed off a round. We've heard a lot about the pursuit leading up the shooting, but nothing that I have seen about exactly what caused the officer to shoot. Nothing about "the subject reached into his waistband", or "the officer, in fear for his life...", or "the weapon fired accidentally". etc. Why not a simple explanation of why the officer fired his weapon?
This is what it boils down to. ^^^^…The events leading up to the shooting really don't matter. The mans car, as being considered a weapon, is out of the picture at this point. And that was the only, immediately lethal, factor in play at all. His car. I agree that it shouldn't take the Dept. long to go public with why the Trooper fired. His after action report has long hence been submitted and reviewed. So, let's hear it. Make it a tentative finding, or whatever, but his report should have the desired answers.

Holding off releasing anything makes it seem more like damage control and spin. People are expecting spin city, from the agency involved, on this. I went looking for any recent news couldn't find any, but what is out there isn't being kind to the cops on this. If they can't come up with something to get ahead on it, its going to spin alright. A flat spin, out to sea at +mach.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:50 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This is what it boils down to. ^^^^…The events leading up to the shooting really don't matter. The mans car, as being considered a weapon, is out of the picture at this point. And that was the only, immediately lethal, factor in play at all. His car. I agree that it shouldn't take the Dept. long to go public with why the Trooper fired. His after action report has long hence been submitted and reviewed. So, let's hear it. Make it a tentative finding, or whatever, but his report should have the desired answers.

Holding off releasing anything makes it seem more like damage control and spin. People are expecting spin city, from the agency involved, on this. I went looking for any recent news couldn't find any, but what is out there isn't being kind to the cops on this. If they can't come up with something to get ahead on it, its going to spin alright. A flat spin, out to sea at +mach.
I'm still on the fence as to whether or not this shooting was justified. Not enough information. But I would be willing to bet that if there were circumstances that tended to support the justified use of lethal force, such as the subject being armed, or was making clearly threatening motions, this information would have been made public by now (if not within the first 24 hours).

Old 08-26-2016, 09:25 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,923,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'm still on the fence as to whether or not this shooting was justified. Not enough information. But I would be willing to bet that if there were circumstances that tended to support the justified use of lethal force, such as the subject being armed, or was making clearly threatening motions, this information would have been made public by now (if not within the first 24 hours).
Why should the subject being armed be any justification? Do we the people have 2nd Amendment protections, or do we the people ain't got no 2nd Amendment protections? Police are going to return to the practice of planting burner guns on subjects they have just killed to justify murder. And they are increasingly going to make sure that it is indeed murder, so there will be no complications of conflicting stories later on. Sleight of hand magicians will be openly recruited by urban police departments. "Hey Rocky, watch me pull a Glock 17 out of this perp's pocket". "Again?"...

Old 08-26-2016, 11:05 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
In rare cases it could. Very similar to PTSD. BUT it is near impossible to get an officer that might be suffering from something like this off the street. The system will fight tooth and nail to stop it from happening also.

Look at the incidence in Cleveland. The officer had already lost a job for being not able to handle the job. He had already lied in his official capacity of a police officer. He freaked, killed a kid and lied again. He is still a police officer.

I can. I admit that I might want to shoot the guy also. We can allow it to happen though.
Of course, my favorite is the female cop in PA, she killed a man she pulled over for a traffic stop. He was already handcuffed lying on the ground face down, and she shot him in the back.

She did go to trail for murder(because it was murder), got off and has her job back! Clearly, she has no business being a cop, she's afraid of her own shadow.

Only line of work I can think of(maybe teaching) where you can repeatedly screw up, and you get a pass. And even with teaching, if you strike or injure a child(even accidently) you're through.

Most jobs you get a couple of passes, than a written warning, than termination.

Not the cops.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:11 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,135,927 times
So of course the usual rhetoric.
He was arrested a couple of times, but not convicted of many of the charges, so police state minds like to imply that this young man did something to get shot. No conjecture there apparently.

That sounds like common sense, but somehow it doesnt sound like common sense that he shouldnt be shot and killed when he is unarmed. BTW...Using A car doesnt count in some dept policies, like Chicago..because you can move out of the way of a car.....look it up.

So they look for his history, but of course they dont wonder what the cops history is. How many complaints does he have? How many times has he needlessly shot his gun? How many of his complaints were blocked and squashed by his department? Remember, to police state minds, there is never a "bad shoot". Always good shoots. Hey, he shouldnt have winked at the cop, the cops are nervous.

We'll never know, they cant submit to complaints by citizens that dont "understand the job".

Oh thats right, departments dont keep track of how many complaints are blocked, and by whom. Maybe the CCRB of NYC...maybe.

Oh thats right, there is no official federal department that keeps track of police shootings. Oh well. They're all criminals right? Just look at the articles written by former cops, totally unbaised they must have all the facts, they must be right, they support the cops, not the "criminals".

The police state minds (half of city data) mimmick the courts, you're guilty until proven innocent, unless youre a cop. Wait for the facts unless it exonerates the cops, Because if we dont let cops shoot unarmed people, and make deadly mistakes, they cant do their jobs.

You'll never see police state minds calling for police to have more training on how to not fear for their lives perpetually, but the public needs more training on how to deal with ancy cops. You dont see PSM calling for police to have more training than a hairdresser, better use of force laws, abolishing of the unions, and an upper management that doesnt advocate killing its community because they dont like them. The police message boards are clear proof of this.

Police state minds will say they will let cops take advantage of them, so they can go home faster. "Answer all his questions, dont make quick moves, he's a pro but you don't want to make him nervous". You guys are the problem. You dont understand this is wrong. You dont understand youre in a police state of mind.

As others have stated, police minds dont think about how police departments hope people dont call for accountability so killing mishaps go unnoticed. Hopefully this one wont.

Even if the feds investigate this, because at this point in time, gestures warrant bullets as opposed to actual guns according to police state minds that reside on juries, Ill wager, there will be no charges. Theres a lot of laws to change people. Everyone in this country need to do this before your loved one gets killed.

Last edited by Harry Hemi; 08-26-2016 at 11:26 AM..

Old 08-26-2016, 02:03 PM

31,885 posts, read 26,916,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Unbelievable. This one is going to cost them plenty.

Most likely certainly will as the deceased left behind an infant son.

Charlotte deaf man shot dead by state trooper was 'afraid of police' | Daily Mail Online

Old 08-26-2016, 02:13 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
So of course the usual rhetoric.
He was arrested a couple of times, but not convicted of many of the charges, so police state minds like to imply that this young man did something to get shot. No conjecture there apparently.

That sounds like common sense, but somehow it doesnt sound like common sense that he shouldnt be shot and killed when he is unarmed. BTW...Using A car doesnt count in some dept policies, like Chicago..because you can move out of the way of a car.....look it up.

So they look for his history, but of course they dont wonder what the cops history is. How many complaints does he have? How many times has he needlessly shot his gun? How many of his complaints were blocked and squashed by his department? Remember, to police state minds, there is never a "bad shoot". Always good shoots. Hey, he shouldnt have winked at the cop, the cops are nervous.

We'll never know, they cant submit to complaints by citizens that dont "understand the job".

Oh thats right, departments dont keep track of how many complaints are blocked, and by whom. Maybe the CCRB of NYC...maybe.

Oh thats right, there is no official federal department that keeps track of police shootings. Oh well. They're all criminals right? Just look at the articles written by former cops, totally unbaised they must have all the facts, they must be right, they support the cops, not the "criminals".

The police state minds (half of city data) mimmick the courts, you're guilty until proven innocent, unless youre a cop. Wait for the facts unless it exonerates the cops, Because if we dont let cops shoot unarmed people, and make deadly mistakes, they cant do their jobs.

You'll never see police state minds calling for police to have more training on how to not fear for their lives perpetually, but the public needs more training on how to deal with ancy cops. You dont see PSM calling for police to have more training than a hairdresser, better use of force laws, abolishing of the unions, and an upper management that doesnt advocate killing its community because they dont like them. The police message boards are clear proof of this.

Police state minds will say they will let cops take advantage of them, so they can go home faster. "Answer all his questions, dont make quick moves, he's a pro but you don't want to make him nervous". You guys are the problem. You dont understand this is wrong. You dont understand youre in a police state of mind.

As others have stated, police minds dont think about how police departments hope people dont call for accountability so killing mishaps go unnoticed. Hopefully this one wont.

Even if the feds investigate this, because at this point in time, gestures warrant bullets as opposed to actual guns according to police state minds that reside on juries, Ill wager, there will be no charges. Theres a lot of laws to change people. Everyone in this country need to do this before your loved one gets killed.
In reality, most people who are "defending" the cops are in reality saying "let's wait until the facts come out."

Additionally, sometimes people reply to speculation with their own speculation to show there is another side of that coin.

I'm just waiting for the video to be released before I condemn the cop.

It wasn't that long ago that initial reports were of a cop shooting an unarmed teen kneeling on the ground with his hands up saying don't shoot.

It also wasn't that long ago that a unarmed man was murdered in his car by a cop.

It might go either way, but until the video and other evidence comes out, it's all just speculation.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:14 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,681,619 times
If he didnt like cops or was afraid of them then why the heck was he speeding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.