Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 08:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I can guarantee that police officer is suffering a great deal. He made a decision which appears to be completely off center and he is paying for it in his head in his heart and in his soul. No person recovers from this easily. Add to that if it was unjustified he will never work as a cop again and perhaps will face charges and go to jail.
Rarely does that happen.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
No doubt about that. Just saying' we weren't there and the man is most likely suffering tremendously despite outward appearance. Imagine going home and your kids ask you "why did you kill that nice man daddy"?
No, guilt is not punishment enough.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:58 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
This is an odd story. They followed him for 6 miles on the interstate with lights flashing -- and they bumped his car. And he didn't stop.

I'm not saying they should have shot him, but I can't really make sense of why he didn't stop.

According to a statement by his brother, Harris was afraid of police. Maybe that was a factor? idk.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:59 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Well we will have to wait for the facts then while these people on both sides suffer greatly.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:25 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
I can guarantee that police officer is suffering a great deal. He made a decision which appears to be completely off center and he is paying for it in his head in his heart and in his soul. No person recovers from this easily. Add to that if it was unjustified he will never work as a cop again and perhaps will face charges and go to jail.
If this murderer didn't happen to have a badge, maybe some guy who just let road rage get the better of him let's say, would you have so much sympathy for him?

Old 08-23-2016, 09:26 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:

Mmmmm. Maybe. Maybe not. Can't say, since I don't know this cop. However, history in cases like this speak volumes. As its been said, the Dept. is clamming up. That's the game. No comment, no story, Newsies go away, story dies. Life goes on. I've heard of very, very, few cases like this that end up in a cop(s) being prosecuted. These things happen a lot, but, beyond a single story blurb in a local paper or radio station, it never goes anywhere. But away, that is.

Tac teams , hitting the wrong house , or on bogus warrants, have racked up a few body bags.
The old "I thought I was grabbing my Taser" line has been used some, the Taser is way overused it goes on and on. The Taser now....its no twinky thing. Used to be, cops had to get Tasked, before being allowed to carry one. So they would flat know, its not to be used lightly.

I'm betting this story dies, as quickly as this thread moves down, and we will hear no more of it. LE smoke and mirrors.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:34 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
If this murderer didn't happen to have a badge, maybe some guy who just let road rage get the better of him let's say, would you have so much sympathy for him?
NOT sympathy. Most likely he's not a monster as your portray him. Lets wait and get the facts.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:45 AM

He is human. Humans have emotions. What happened here was road rage. The officer allowed his emotions to get the better of him. It happens.

When it happens to you or I, we get charged.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:46 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Aside from the tragedy, anyone with a disability that prevents them from effectively communicating in a way most people expect should have license plates and other means of letting others know about it.

Why?

Getting out of a car upon being stopped immediately puts the police in a bad situation, its how many ambushes take place. When you exit your car, expect the police to draw their firearm. Getting out of the car when stopped is unusual and unsafe for a number of reasons.

While the shooting doesn't appear to be justified, other issues get brought up which might help the greater disabled population.

Do not exit your vehicle and do not expect the police to know you're deaf anymore than anyone else would. For that reason, placards make sense, or; disabled marked license plates.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:52 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Is seems to be for parents who are negligent and leave their kids to die in cars.

Who do you think suffered more? The kids who cook to death in cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies