Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 12:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Maybe that cop didn't get the message that because he was black he wasn't to be stopped or ticketed when he committed crimes. Training problem perhaps?

As I said earlier-I want to know more. Did he act appropriately as a concealed carrier when stopped by a law enforcement officer? Did the cop screw the pooch? It's still a valid question, and one I haven't seen an answer to.

Saying he was shot for a no insurance, or was only stopped and shot for "driving while black" is just frickin' ignorant.
Cop said he had a "wide set nose" like the criminal suspect in a robbery.

Imagine that. Now we can't have wide noses without getting killed. And of course, that's OK with you.

Comply or die. That's the ticket.

But come hell or high water, someone is gonna pay for this shooting. Believe that.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:03 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,196,330 times
Quote:
I question it because I would lose MY permit if I did the same things he did. My "white privilege" I guess. But hey, since he's a special, protected class, the rules aren't expected to apply to him.

Not sure what Newton has to do with this. Did he pull a gun on a cop?
Actually the rules turned out to be a lot harsher for Castile as he is no longer alive, didn't they? FYI, the permit became useless when he was shot dead. He died at a very young age and was well liked and respected at the school where he worked.

Last edited by chessgeek; 09-22-2016 at 01:46 AM..

Old 09-22-2016, 03:36 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Whatever happened to this case?
false flag.... its meant to surprise and scare you for the moment... the other false flag... why don't they talk of sand hook??

Quote:
Shanley believes that “the media conspired to brainwash the public into thinking a lone gunman drill known as the ‘Sandy Hook Massacre’ was real, when in fact it was a staged FEMA [Federal Emergency Management Agency] National Level Exercise Event.”
https://americanfreepress.net/trilli...y-hook-staged/

Old 09-22-2016, 03:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
The only one that said he was pulled over for a broken (OK buthed I think was the way she said it) taillight was the girlfriend. So...why did she lie? And what else has she lied about? Both taillights were clearly on in the pictures.
Pulling someone over for a "wide set nose" is even worse.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Well, other than the picture of it. And the fact that it was recovered at the scene. Other than that, no, no proof at all.
There is no picture of it and no one denies that he wasn't legally carrying. You support that, right?

Old 09-22-2016, 03:56 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I happen to live right in the neighborhood. His problem was not his skin color, his problem was that he didn't care about our laws or our safety. He was pulled over time after time because he was known for not having a drivers license or insurance. When a cop pulls behind you, they scan your license plate and it gets run through their computer, so they know who the car is registered to, what address and what the driving record looks like before they ever pull you over. In his case the cops would get behind him, see that he had multiple convictions for driving without a license and citations for no insurance and decide to check him out for one of the many tiny infractions he was committing. The reason many of his charges were dismissed is because in Minnesota at least, the court usually dismisses charges of no title, bad tabs or no insurance so long as you can prove you've fixed the violation. So he'd get a ticket for no insurance and bad tabs. He'd then insure the car and get his tabs up to date. Then he'd either cancel the insurance or let it lapse and start the cycle all over again. Seeing those charges dismissed is common for anyone, not some sort of proof that Castile was being hassled due to his skin color. There are plenty of Black people in the neighborhood who drive every day and never get pulled over, my wife being one of them. If the cops pulled over all Black people repeatedly just because they're Black, they'd never get anything done since this is a historically Black neighborhood. No, it wasn't the cops, it was Castile, at least in terms of the being pulled over so often prior to the shooting.
I recall that was a common tactic used in Miami. One could present an insurance card and appear to possess insurance but actually have no insurance because it was cancelled after the first payment/card issue. Then the DMV and insurance company database computers linked and the practice ended as now the information is instant if someone cancels their insurance and the vehicle is registered.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:01 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't know, I don't live in Minneapolis but if I did and if I was black, I would start documenting every single time I was pulled over, especially when half the time it wasn't even prosecuted. Further, if the charge is driving without "proof of insurance", what was the original stop for? They have to pull him over to know he didn't have proof of insurance with him so why was he stopped in the first place?

He worked for many years in the school cafeteria and the parents all say he was very much liked.
Why wouldn't you just get your car insured, keep a copy of the policy in the glove box & keep your license up to date like everyone else?

Castile was profiled because he was Black. If that was the case, every Black person in St Paul would have a similar story, but they don't. Castile had an extraordinary record of contact with the police. I applaud the police's effort up to the point of the shooting. They got him off the road multiple times while driving with no insurance. What would have happened when he ran a little kid over or broadsided your Mom on her way to work when he was driving around getting stoned out of his mind? Who pays for the medical bills & damage to the vehicle, with him carrying no insurance?

Wtf does working the school cafeteria have to do with anything?

Old 09-22-2016, 02:07 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Cop said he had a "wide set nose" like the criminal suspect in a robbery.

Imagine that. Now we can't have wide noses without getting killed. And of course, that's OK with you.

Comply or die. That's the ticket.

But come hell or high water, someone is gonna pay for this shooting. Believe that.
Not sure why you're so touchy about him having a wide nose? It's just a descriptor, like being short, having a scar, or having a Mohawk. Do you feel having a wide nose is shameful? Does that make him racist? If there was a Greek guy with big nose and he said "He's got a big nose like the guy in the robbery", would that be racist?

Also, it's interesting to watch you SJW's pretzel around Hispanics. When it's convenient they're "People of Color", oppressed just like you poor victims and when it's convenient, then they're racists and maybe even "White Hispanics" to boot.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:12 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,733 times
All foul play. That's why we don't know anything else.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:43 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Who said that he pointed a gun at the cop? Furthermore, gimme evidence that he was a violent criminal.

Again, in your state, there must be DOZENS of incidents of methheads on welfare getting pulled over with no licence or registration or insurance with a firearm in the vehicle.

Where are the dead Idahoans at?
FYI, Idahoans were killed by police at appx the same rate as Minnesotans. In 2015, Idahoans were killed at a greater rate. For 2016, it is close to equal rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies