Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 01:18 AM

3,946 posts, read 2,570,802 times

Advertisements

NO! There is a small group- a small LOUD group that causes problems. Then there is the rest of us trying to get along.

Not only get along but learn from and enjoy as well.

We are more alike than different and gain so much from each other.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:19 AM

3,946 posts, read 2,570,802 times
NO! There is a small group- a small LOUD group that causes problems. Then there is the rest of us trying to get along.

We are more alike than different and gain so much from each other if we only open our eyes.

P.S... And that small group is made up of many different people of ALL races! Kind of ironic they are in it together.

Last edited by Wild Flower; 08-24-2016 at 01:29 AM..

Old 08-24-2016, 01:22 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
This may work in my house, as an interracial married couple. My wife gets her own bed, and I get mine. Our son gets his own room. Everyone is happy.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:38 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
People should have a right of association or not associate with who they want and property rights. That was all unconstitutionally ended with the so-called 1964 civil rights act. White people try to self segregate but the government along with HUD and other activist groups chase down white areas and flood them with "diversity". This started about 60 years ago, but the past 10 years it's being done at a frenetic pace. About 1.5 million mostly non-westerner and non-whites are allowed to legally immigrate every year plus about 1 million illegals maybe much more are essentially allowed to take up residence.

The real problem is mass immigration. The US is intentionally being over populated with non-western and non-whites who vote progressive left and they're being dispersed throughout formerly white America like seeding an invasive weed. This is the real problem. A long term, decades to permanent immigration moratorium is needed.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:41 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,488,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Controversial idea, but it feels like that's where we're headed in this country, like that's the eventual, logical conclusion to what's going on right now. We're told that whites cannot be relied upon to fairly police black neighborhoods, and that police forces need to look like the communities they patrol. There's a thread on here about blacks only banking with black owned banks. We've seen where defendants get a new trial on the basis of the jury being majority white. Groups like Black Lives Matter and others claim the existence of a force of institutional racism and oppression at work.... And a lot of whites see a completely different reality altogether, which means the truth is probably somewhere in the middle...

Interesting fact: After the Civil War, one plan that was floated was to give freed slaves their very own territory / country, but that plan never came to fruition. Frederick Douglas, among others, wanted to be part of the fabric of this great American Experiment.

Is racial harmony a tried and failed experiment? Is the great Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream dead? Would whites and blacks be happier living separate from each other, and would it really solve anything?
Uh Whippersnapper, you are familiar with Liberia, right? Prior to the Civil War, but the problem is that just because folks are "black" or a slave doesn't mean they are exactly alike. Makes me think of the numbskulls who scream "send them back to Africa!" which is a continent, not a country. None the less, those AA people who went to Liberia found that they had nothing in common with the local folks. It was a mess.

As far as your last question, I have no desire to live separate from anyone else. Also, I am married to a Hispanic man (I am Caucasian)...and while I understand the difference between race and ethnicity, so many people don't and consider our marriage "interracial". And guess what? I'm not about to break a marriage in order to make ignorant people more comfortable. They can go to hell.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:03 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
Another one who is bothered by seeing successful people of African origin. OP, perhaps you can lead the way and return to the land of your ancestors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
For the OP - they did give blacks their own country during the Civil War, it is called Liberia. And they turned it into a typical african sht hole full of child soldiers.

I think many places have self segregated. Blacks have Detroit, whites have Idaho and Utah. Never the twain shall meet.
Try to wrap your head around this. There are no "blacks" in Africa. That's why it didn't work.

If they wanted to send African-Americans back, they should have never beaten all native languages, cultural identities and practices out of the over 45 ethnic groups that were brought to the U.S.

You don't completely disenfranchise and disconnect people from their original cultures and afterward, drop them in a random area and expect it to work.

How stupid.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 08-24-2016 at 05:16 AM..

Old 08-24-2016, 05:19 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post

We are more alike than different and gain so much from each other if we only open our eyes.

P.S... And that small group is made up of many different people of ALL races! Kind of ironic they are in it together.
I'm inclined to believe you.....

Old 08-24-2016, 05:30 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Is It Time For The Races to Voluntarily Segregate?
You already do if you want to. Of course, the other races may follow.

[voluntarily]

Old 08-24-2016, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Another one who is bothered by seeing successful people of African origin. OP, perhaps you can lead the way and return to the land of your ancestors.
This is precisely what I'm talking about. How you surmised that I am "bothered" by seeing successful people of African origin from what I said is beyond me, but you somehow managed to. It's like I said in my OP, we are apparently operating in two different planes of reality, with two completely different and opposing worldviews. We can both look at the same thing and genuinely see something different.....

So why keep pretending we're "hands across America?" That we're all striving to be "one big American family?" Why keep pretending that there could ever be racial harmony? This is why I ask if it may be in everyone's best interest to embrace racial realism. Recognize and acknowledge that we are two different peoples, with different needs and different approaches to how society should work? I actually feel that denying those differences and pretending that the only difference that separates us is the pigmentation of our skin is more detrimental to both whites as a people and blacks as a people than it is helpful.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
You already do if you want to. Of course, the other races may follow.

[voluntarily]
I'm talking about society in the macro sense, not the micro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.