Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 04:58 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I DO look at both sides of the coin, I even said in my post that I disagree with how BLM conduct themselves and I've criticized them plenty of times here.

Everybody knows that cops don't see color when responding to a 9-11 call.
They also know that cops DO and HAVE been guilty of racism. Look at the recent report of the Baltimore Police!

When people who feel this is an issue that needs to be addressed hear someone like Guiliani rant about 9-11 calls, he sounds like a disingenuous or clueless ass.

I also agree with you that the backlash against the police by BLM and other entities is wrong as well.

Racism and predjudice in police forces does exist and it does need to be dealt with and cleaned up.
The answer to that is NOT to hate or condemn ALL of the police for the actions of a few bad apples and to let them DO their job and treat them with respect.
The answer is also not to pretend the problem doesn't exist with asinine platitudes about how the police will rescue you no matter what color you are.
Cops do and have not been guilty of racism. Are there cops that are mean, yes, there are mean people in every form of the work force, but not to the degree that you or BLM would have people believe, that to me is an ignorant statement, not worthy of time or space...

Guiliani rant, you call that a rant???? When someone is standing there, representing American, and asking for the laws to be enforced...asking people to just obey the laws, that's a rant....just b/c you believe it's ok to be above the law...

Racism and Prejudice is not defined by disobeying the laws of our land, as you would have it...
I find it infurriating that you think this is all racism, instead of a bunch of thugs who feel it's ok to commit crimes.. I just watched an earlier video of Michael Brown yesterday, beating the hell out of an old man...and then while the man lay on the ground, out cold from a punch to the head, that piece of excriment, going thru the old man's pockets? Pathetic...and then he goes after a cop, who was sitting in his car, tries to get his gun, and b/c he was shot you call that murder.

That isn't racism, my friend, that is obeying the law....

I don't pretend there isn't racism in the world, however, b/c of you, BLM and people like you, Racism will stay alive.

Guiliani said what is true...the likes of him and Trump and others like them, want to fight this lawlessness, which you are against...

Guiliani said the truth...and I'm all for it....you need to understand, the difference from right and wrong...and what true Racism is .......

whenever someone doesn't agree with your twisted idea of how it should be, you call it racism. Sad....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 05:19 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Rudy showed himself to be awesome at the Republican convention.. he was electrifying. What a speech!
*Makes sucking up sounds*

Old 08-26-2016, 05:23 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Cops do and have not been guilty of racism. Are there cops that are mean, yes, there are mean people in every form of the work force, but not to the degree that you or BLM would have people believe, that to me is an ignorant statement, not worthy of time or space...

Guiliani rant, you call that a rant???? When someone is standing there, representing American, and asking for the laws to be enforced...asking people to just obey the laws, that's a rant....just b/c you believe it's ok to be above the law...

Racism and Prejudice is not defined by disobeying the laws of our land, as you would have it...
I find it infurriating that you think this is all racism, instead of a bunch of thugs who feel it's ok to commit crimes.. I just watched an earlier video of Michael Brown yesterday, beating the hell out of an old man...and then while the man lay on the ground, out cold from a punch to the head, that piece of excriment, going thru the old man's pockets? Pathetic...and then he goes after a cop, who was sitting in his car, tries to get his gun, and b/c he was shot you call that murder.

That isn't racism, my friend, that is obeying the law....

I don't pretend there isn't racism in the world, however, b/c of you, BLM and people like you, Racism will stay alive.

Guiliani said what is true...the likes of him and Trump and others like them, want to fight this lawlessness, which you are against...

Guiliani said the truth...and I'm all for it....you need to understand, the difference from right and wrong...and what true Racism is .......

whenever someone doesn't agree with your twisted idea of how it should be, you call it racism. Sad....
No racism exists because one side loves to pretend that it doesn't. Even REPUBLICANS have admitted that the advent of videos and social media have opened their eyes to the fact that minorities aren't lying when they talk about this stuff. That doesn't mean every case is based on racism but we can't sit around with the idea that "Racism is barely there."

Old 08-26-2016, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
No racism exists because one side loves to pretend that it doesn't. Even REPUBLICANS have admitted that the advent of videos and social media have opened their eyes to the fact that minorities aren't lying when they talk about this stuff. That doesn't mean every case is based on racism but we can't sit around with the idea that "Racism is barely there."
No one said, racism doesn't exist...whoever told you that is nuts, however, it surely has lessoned a great deal over the years....a great deal....you probably don't know this, however, I go to a predominately black church, and dated a man of color many years ago...I have no problem with people of color, or from any other country...what I have a problem with, along with a whole lot of other people of color are the constant cries of racism, from people who feel they are above the law....

No one said, Racism is barely there....you want to dissolve racism completely, it will never happen....however, you can do one thing to make it better, make your choices wisely....

Stop the violence, stop the attitudes, stop the who idea of every time a black person gets shot, that its because the white cop was a racist.

Stop the looting, the drugs, the alcohol, stop beating up kids, each other, in front of your own kids...
and this goes for white trash to....or anyone who feels violence is the answer....

How many times does someone have to tell you, when a cop stops you, put your hands on the wheel, be respectful, and stay in the car....

If you have no weapons in the car, you have nothing to worry about...period.

This whole problem continues itself, b/c people of color like Micheal Brown feel they are above the law...I watched that thug, that criminal, punch out an older fellow, bully him with scare tactics, knock him to the ground several times, and then proceeded to clean out that poor man's pockets. What a wonderful guy he was...sheesh...and I'd feel the same way no matter what color his skin is....

We've all had enough, even people of color have had enough...we once again, want our laws to be enforced and adheared to...big time....b/c we've become a land of lawlessness....

that comment you made about minorities not lying, you are who you think you are, and if you believe your a minority, that is how your going to act...

do you want to be a statistic or a productive member of society...not black, but a productive member of society?

Stop with the excuses and even this guy said this, or that guy said that...and just be a law abiding citizen. Prove yourself, just like I had to...

I came up poor, very poor, and worked all my life, never ever took a damn thing from anyone...and consider myself pretty well to do...and am still working b/c I like to work...
Nothing is for free...someone has to pay for it, and people are sick and dog dead tired of working to support lazy people. That isn't racism...my friend, that is simple truth.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:47 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Somebody has shoved a huge amount of money into Rudy bank balance and he has shown the rest of us just how sleazy he can be.
How's Hilary any different?

Old 08-26-2016, 05:58 AM

50,793 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Rudy Giuliani is desperate for power now that he is un-electable. So he tags along behind the Orange One hoping for a crumb.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Lightbulb What happened to Rudy Giuliani?

Short answer: desperation.

He's trying way too hard to remain relevant somehow.

It isn't working.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:01 AM

Here is a perfect example of the breakdown of American's moral fiber...

We've fought against this for a long time, and b/c of these illegals, we have gone backwards instead of forward...we have not progressed we've regressed which is caused by lawlessness...

If your government is corrupt so to will your people be...

You leave other illegals in to this country, you have this kind of low life attitude....
MUSLIM MAN BEATS WIFE IN PUBLIC – DennisMichaelLynch.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3H4ivD-Y64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjCmpkaOR4
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG_CB0_twTg

Who acts like this? My God, what is wrong with people, you call this kind of behavior human?

Michael Brown beating up a man??????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj_6GFIxBsY

you have adults leaving kids in cars in the heat...who does this stuff???

this is what is happening, and you call this racist, this is truth...

It is disgusting behavior, I've never seen the amount of grown men, violate children sexually as I have seen over the past 5 years...

and you think this is all ok....

is it any wonder cops are shooting? I would shoot, you better believe I would shoot...

Old 08-26-2016, 06:05 AM

Here is a perfect example of the breakdown of American's moral fiber...

We've fought against this for a long time, and b/c of these illegals, we have gone backwards instead of forward...we have not progressed we've regressed which is caused by lawlessness...

If your government is corrupt so to will your people be...

You leave other illegals in to this country, you have this kind of low life attitude....
MUSLIM MAN BEATS WIFE IN PUBLIC – DennisMichaelLynch.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3H4ivD-Y64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjCmpkaOR4
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG_CB0_twTg

Who acts like this? My God, what is wrong with people, you call this kind of behavior human?

Michael Brown beating up a man??????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj_6GFIxBsY

you have adults leaving kids in cars in the heat...who does this stuff???

this is what is happening, and you call this racist, this is truth...

You are delusional....to what is really going on out there...and this is what our law enforcement has to deal with day in and day out....

just recently a cop found a man on top of another dead man he had just killed, chewing the man's face off...

I'm sorry to be so graphic, but some people have no idea....what the real world out there is like

Old 08-26-2016, 07:13 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
You obviously don't live here (NYC) do you?

Rudy Giuliani is a racist, misogynistic, homophobic, nasty piece of work who cleverly used fear mongering between the races to propel himself into and remain in office. The man was a thug, bully and philander.

By his last year or so in office the people were tired of him and welcoming his soon departure from office thanks to newly enacted term limits. Then came the sad and horrible events of 9/11/01 which proved to be something else Mr. Giuliani could use to his advantage; becoming the "People's Mayor" or some such nonsense, even meeting The Queen. The man tried ride those coat-tails into remaining in office by changing the newly enacted term limit laws; it failed. New Yorkers may still have feared another terrorist attack, but they were fed up to their back teeth with Rudy Giuliani enough to trust anyone but that man as mayor going forward.

What can you say about a man who had to be prevented by court order from installing his mistress (the now current third Mrs. Rudy Giuliani), into the then current Mrs. Hanover Giuliani's home with her children present? Insulting one's wife in public is bad enough, but to force complete humiliation upon her in her own home and in front of her children is low and vile. But that is just how Rudy G. rolled. His own children largely want nothing to do with Rudy Giuliani.

When Donna Hanover (the second Mrs. Giuliani) finally had enough and threw Rudy out he went to live with a gay man and his lover until other arrangements were sorted. He famously told them that if gay marriage ever became legal in NYC he would perform their wedding personally. Well that was all well and good until New York State did allow same sex marriages; then Rudy G. suddenly got religion and turned his friend down flat. Basically telling them he didn't believe such things were right and proper.

Read up on the scandals that plagued Mr. Giuliani's mayoral administration. This includes his commissioner of police Bernard Kerik who among other things during the crisis of 9/11/01 was busy using (and looting) abandoned apartments in lower Manhattan as a love nests with his mistress, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Kerik

In the terrible days after 9/11/01 Rudy Giuliani was busily working behind the scenes to ensure NYC would not be held liable for any of the events. This is important because it was he who moved the city's emergency command center into the Twin Towers which necessitated storing hundreds of gallons of diesel fuel (to run back-up generators). It was this stored fuel that burned fueling fires and possibly causing explosions.

All this does not even touch the race baiting, war on the homeless, poor, and other nasty things either sanctioned by RG and or were the results of his policies. When an unarmed African-American man was shot by white NYPD officers RG ordered the release of the dead man's sealed criminal court records to "prove" his police officers were justified in their actions. Prior to that there was the Abner Louima incident: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abner_Louima

For these and a host of other reasons the national Republican party along with large parts of the American public want nothing to do with RG.
Bravo!!!

This is exactly "what happened" to Rudy.

He is the same as he ever was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies