Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 09:12 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,164,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO....you're not riding upstream. You just fool yourself into believing that in order to hold yourself up as someone that's exceptional just because you're "black" and not a Democrat. But that doesn't make you special.

You're not riding upstream....more like you're being taken for a ride.
I am not exceptional. I am aware of who I am, and where most other black people are, including my family - most of which will be voting left.

I have a belief of what works, and right now it is not coming from the left side of the aisle, and it's decreasing on the right side.

I want as many black people to be successful as possible... Except those who use racial issues for their own agendas and instill a fearful mindset in others.

I am being taken for a ride... More fear. Your worldview really is small. You can't even appreciate a success story if it expands beyond your mental boundaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 09:29 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,164,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
So you're telling me that you're hand and hand with people like Mack Knife?

Tell me this, how many black folks are brought into the discussion when policy is being discussed by Republicans? Not many.. Within the Democrat arena blacks are part of the discussion.
What does he have to do with me? I have my own views. He has his own views. Some views may coincide, others may not. So what?

Don't know where you are going with the policy question. Policies should benefit all Americans, blacks included.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:41 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Then Shabazz310 needs to tell the Atlanta Black Star that it's disgusting.

Tho seeing a Black African doing well in the US doesn't surprise me at all since word is it their kind give Asians a run for the money where success is being talked about and, Asians are well known for smoking any other "race" here in the US including us anglo white people.
I'm happy to see a success story. I do not like someone using that success story as a way to talk bad about American Blacks as to say "why can't you people be more like immigrants". That is just disgusting.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:04 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,449,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If they can't buy homes, how is she getting wealthy from them?

Can't bring yourself to acknowledge what she has done?

Managing real estate is where you build wealth off of people who can't buy homes.

35-Year-Old Owns 2 IHOPs And Manages $225 Million Real Estate After Fleeing Liberian Civil War

Old 08-27-2016, 05:49 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,971,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post

Managing real estate is where you build wealth off of people who can't buy homes.

35-Year-Old Owns 2 IHOPs And Manages $225 Million Real Estate After Fleeing Liberian Civil War
How do you know the money she makes is off of folks that can't buy homes? The majority of her real estate could very well be commercial.

You're pathological envy of people that have worked hard and made something of themselves has reached epic proportions.

Old 08-27-2016, 06:14 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Disgusting! You take an inspirational story and you turn it into an opportunity to attack African Americans..
It is NOT the OP's problem if YOU feel GUILTY!

Old 08-27-2016, 06:38 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Inspiring story,good for her. although i'm not of the opinion that because she can do it then every one can do it,i'd also be interested in the story of how she came to America as a poor immigrant goes to high school in NJ then immediately starts buying houses and Ihop franchises.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:05 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
Quote:
Disgusting! You take an inspirational story and you turn it into an opportunity to attack African Americans..
Shows what motivated person can do instead of being a hood rat.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:53 AM

26,488 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Anyone who can get a franchise restaurant to succeed works harder than most regardless of who they are or where they came from.
Opening your own business (even a franchise) takes some financial risk, some brains, some interpersonal skills, and as you say, hard work.

She should be celebrated for her accomplishments in rising above a horrible situation -- fleeing a civil war.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:05 AM

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Opening your own business (even a franchise) takes some financial risk, some brains, some interpersonal skills, and as you say, hard work.

She should be celebrated for her accomplishments in rising above a horrible situation -- fleeing a civil war.
nailed it perfectly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies