Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 08:44 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyjobs View Post
10 or 15 years ago, criticizing Islam has been considered as xenophobic, racist, discriminatory, and bigotry.

But more and more, I see people criticizing Islam without being labeled as nasty words as I stated above.

So is the society being more open-minded about Islam and criticizing Islam being accepted more and more?
I don't really criticize Islam because I know pretty much nothing about the religion

I question because this is a religion which is very confusing to me.

It seems to me that there are two types of Muslims.

Like the Ahmadiyya Muslims seem to be very patriotic, peaceful and they normally get along with everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 08:49 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times
It ought to be accepted. People of this religion chop peoples heads off. Did we put up with American Indians scalping people? Call me all the names you want to but I want nothing whatsoever to do with these un-Christian people. They're the enemy. If you don't know it now, you will some day.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:18 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyjobs View Post
10 or 15 years ago, criticizing Islam has been considered as xenophobic, racist, discriminatory, and bigotry.

But more and more, I see people criticizing Islam without being labeled as nasty words as I stated above.

So is the society being more open-minded about Islam and criticizing Islam being accepted more and more?
Depends. If it's conservatives trying to tell us they're being oppressed, the opposite is the case. If it conservatives trying to tell us that the world is becoming more conservative, what you're saying is true. It's situational reality, also known as lying.

I wouldn't say it's significantly more acceptable. It really depends on what the criticism is and how it's presented. Proudly declaring that 'all Muslims are terrorists' will, rightfully, earn you the label of bigot or whatever special word is used. But some criticism, like pointing out that ISIS throws gay people off of roofs, tends to meet little resistance. So it just sort of depends.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't really criticize Islam because I know pretty much nothing about the religion

Like the Ahmadiyya Muslims seem to be very patriotic, peaceful and they normally get along with everyone.
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the leading Islamic organization to categorically reject terrorism in any form. Over a century ago, Ahmadas emphatically declared that an aggressive “jihad by the sword” has no place in Islam. In its place, he taught his followers to wage a bloodless, intellectual “jihad of the pen” to defend Islam. To this end, Ahmadas penned over 80 books and tens of thousands of letters, delivered hundreds of lectures, and engaged in scores of public debates. His rigorous and rational defenses of Islam unsettled conventional Muslim thinking. As part of its effort to revive Islam, the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community continues to spread Ahmad’sas teachings of moderation and restraint in the face of bitter opposition from the Muslim world.

About Us - Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, USA

The Islamist pig kind would NEVER accept that kind of "Muslim". ^^^

Old 08-26-2016, 09:39 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the leading Islamic organization to categorically reject terrorism in any form. Over a century ago, Ahmadas emphatically declared that an aggressive “jihad by the sword†has no place in Islam. In its place, he taught his followers to wage a bloodless, intellectual “jihad of the pen†to defend Islam. To this end, Ahmadas penned over 80 books and tens of thousands of letters, delivered hundreds of lectures, and engaged in scores of public debates. His rigorous and rational defenses of Islam unsettled conventional Muslim thinking. As part of its effort to revive Islam, the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community continues to spread Ahmad’sas teachings of moderation and restraint in the face of bitter opposition from the Muslim world.

About Us - Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, USA

The Islamist pig kind would NEVER accept that kind of "Muslim". ^^^
Oh I see. Thanks

Old 08-26-2016, 09:41 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,256,544 times
Quote:
That is true. One type ignores what is asked of them in the Koran. The other type actually carries them out. The first type, which ignores the teaching of Islam, is called "moderate Muslim." Keep in mind that most Muslims don't even know Arabic and can't read or understand the Koran to begin with.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:34 PM

1,478 posts, read 787,741 times
Quote:

My numbers may be off because I'm going to state this from memory and really don't have the exact figures locked into my memory. But I believe I will be in the rough ballpark with the figures I give.

The largest branch of Islam is Sunni. And Sunni makes up something like 70 percent or 80 percent of the Islamic world. The next largest branch of Islam is Shiite and they make 29 percent or 17 percent of Islam. The remaining various sects or branches or denominations of Islam combined make up 1 percent to 3 percent of Islam.

By comparison, Catholicism is the largest branch of Christianity in the world, and I think Catholicism only makes up about 40 percent of Christianity. The other major branches fall under Eastern Orthodoxy and Oriental Orthodoxy (together they make up Eastern Christianity) and Protestantism (Protestantism and Latin Catholicism together make up Western Christianity). Protestantism is further divided into tens of thousands of denominations.

My point here is that it is easier in certain respects to speak about Islam than it is about Christianity because one branch of Islam makes up nearly all of global Islam. The Sunni even has a theological and jurisprudence center located in Eygpt that while not totally analogous to the Vatican in Rome for global Catholicism is nonetheless analogous in prestige and guidance for global Sunni Islam what the Vatican is for global Catholicism. I can't remember it's name right now but it's the centuries old and revered Islamic university in Egypt.

If Islam and Western Christianity were analogous to America's two party political system Islam would be the Republican Party and Western Christianity would be the Democratic Party.

Why do I say that? Because the Islamic Koran has been described as the Arabic version of the Old Testament. And modesty in how a woman dresses is socially pressured with more intensity in Islamic societies, akin to Republicans might be thought of doing, than it is in Christian societies. Also, both Protestantism and Catholicism like the Democratic Party are all over the place in their beliefs. Catholicism has essentially become no more than a branch of the Anglican Church.

Islam is not necessarily a terrorist religion. There is a doctrine that has been spread throughout the Sunni branch of Islam, supposedly this doctrine originated in Saudi Arabia and a minority would argue with CIA backing as part of NATO states covert GLADIO B operation, as a way to destabilize the Islamic world or more accurately the geographical, political, landscape they are in.

I don't know how much validity there is to the GLADIO B conspiracy theory (refer to former FBI employee with the highest security clearance given in the FBI, Sibel Edmonds whom the FBI went to the courts to get a court order gag placed on) but I am more persuaded that at minimum the United States Government has been covertly working with Al Qaida. Evidence suggest they armed and financed them in Libya to overthrow and lynch Gaddafi. And evidence suggests these are the "moderates" they arming and financing in Syria.

Shiites run Syria and Iran and Saudi Arabia wants Shiites taken out of power in both those countries and replaced by Sunni Muslims put in power. Many US intellectuals agree with Saudi Arabia. But this is akin to Italy being powerful and demanding a powerful secular country wage and finance wars in the United Kingdom and Germany to overthrow Protestants in power and specifically place Catholics in positions of power.

In terms of Muslims in the United States they make up a fraction of the US population and a tiny percentage of its population. Not so with Russia. The Russian Federation has a much larger percentage of its population that are Muslim. In fact, there are whole regions in the Russian Federation that are Muslim. And Vladimir Putin gauged the threat and potential of an Islamic State or caliphate arising had Russia lost its battles against Chechen jihadist fighters, long before ISIS ever arose on the scene. Likewise, Putin gauges the Chechen jihadist that have gone to the Middle East to join ISIS as threat to the internal security of the Russian Federation if they somehow spread back to Russia. So, his view supposedly is, it is better for the Russian government to kill them while they are in ISIS territory in the Middle East rather than having to fight and kill them inside the Russian Federation.

My point is while the United States Government and its citizens play like confused street where's that want to be virgin wives, Putin is very clear on his object of supporting the enemies of ISIS and killing them in Syria and Iraq.

What is interesting is many, many years ago when Russia was in tough battles with the Chechen rebels, he made a statement captured on video speaking to some of his countrymen, that Islamic terrorist infrastructures are firmly entrenched in both the United States and in Western Europe. Bearing in mind the non-Wahhabis Muslims and Muslim Chechens loyal to Russia garner esteem from Putin and other Russians. They rely on these Muslims in the Russian Federation to fend off Muslim identifying terrorists.

My guess is that Russian intelligence--superior in some ways to American intelligence services--had information about Islamic terrorist organizations having woven themselves into the American infrastructure through perhaps a variety of front organization. Like charity organization's or something.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:58 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,116,633 times
In the 21st century, Islam, like all religions, needs to be able to hang with the punches. As an athiest I make more jabs at Islam today than I do Christianity. And I was really proud of the film Sausage Party for bringing Islam into the fray of insults, despite the threats I am sure they received for it.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:44 PM

1,478 posts, read 787,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
In the 21st century, Islam, like all religions, needs to be able to hang with the punches. As an athiest I make more jabs at Islam today than I do Christianity. And I was really proud of the film Sausage Party for bringing Islam into the fray of insults, despite the threats I am sure they received for it.
I'm against insulting Muslims or Islam. At least intentionally. But then I'm Christian and not some fanatical atheist bent on insulting others, creating wars and conflicts, and running crusades of mass murder through the Eastern world trying to convert Muslims to some holy dogmas of Western secularism.

That's not to say I'm against positive or negative critiques of Islam or certain branches or certain communities of Muslims.

But before I seek to find the thorn in every Muslim's eye better I seek to find the beam in my own eye.

You see, it may be the Muslim who goes to heaven after judgment by Christ, and the Christian and atheist who are sentenced to eternal damnation in hell.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:49 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,378,651 times
Actually, anti-Semitism is no longer hidden. Muslims get a pass from the Left.

Jews are openly disdained by Progressives and their bigotry is sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies