Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 12:54 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,662,332 times

Advertisements

The meat industry normalizes cruelty to certain species of animals. I am hardly surprised this happened. Terribly sad story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 02:32 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,049,988 times
I once placed an ad to give away extra guppy fish. I posted "you must have a tank fully set up".

Oh..you won't believe how ignorant those people who showed up are. Some do not even know water needs to be treated before you put fish in. I guess they just take anything free. You put "free Tibet" and they will come take it.

Old 08-28-2016, 03:06 AM

952 posts, read 518,349 times
OK.

So a man with a gun is running through the neighborhood chasing a potbellied pig with a *****x in it's back, shoots the animal not once, but twice...

Only after people are beating the animal with sticks does anyone call the police? How common is this in Miami???

And why make taxpayer's foot the bill for a necropsy???

This is a hoax, right? Looks like someone posted an Onion story under a Herald banner...

From the link in the OP:

The animal was suffering so much that Adams and Johnson asked a deputy to shoot it. A shot between the eyes, followed by one behind the ear, ended the ordeal.
The carcass was taken for a necropsy, according to a sheriff’s release, but neighbors still were hoping to keep it for the meat.
Phelps, of Jeffersonville Road, was charged with aggravated animal cruelty and is being held in the Bibb County jail.
Animal welfare officers also removed a few dogs from the neighborhood in the course of their ongoing investigation, the workmen said.
“The most gross thing that is going to stick in my head is the pig with the *****x in its back,” Montgomery said. “People get hungry and they do crazy things, but I would have gladly gone to the store and bought them some bacon and ham if they’d left the pig alone.”
As the workers went back to the job Thursday, one of them said: “I almost didn’t eat my sausage biscuit today. Almost.”

[LEFT]
Read more here: Pet pig adopted from Craigslist, shot for food | Miami Herald
[/LEFT]

Old 08-28-2016, 03:24 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,728 times
Disgusting how people treat animals. Makes me sad for humanity.

Old 08-28-2016, 03:37 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Why is that?
Unless regulated there are obvious concerns, and many countries have a raft of animal welfare legislation which the buyer and seller must adhere to including licences to sell animals, transportation of animals and basic animal rights in relation to treatment. I would be quite happy for the seller to be arrested and imprisoned as well as those that bought the animal.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:24 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Horrific, it's not only meat processing plants where people abuse animals for food.

Pet pig adopted from Craigslist, shot for food | Miami Herald

Christ.
Just because you DON'T like bacon, ribs, pork loin, pork chops, etc. is NO reason why anybody else can't eat it.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Wow ... no words

I don't understand why some people get off on abusing animals. If you want to have a pig roast, fine ... shoot the pig between the eyes like Mr Walls stated. No need to torture the animal

Not only that, this was a PET PIG. Not a pig for eating! Uggh I don't understand people anymore.
It was 1 persons PET and another persons food.

One of my Aunts owned a farm and had chickens, pigs etc.

Each of them had a name.

That did NOT stop her for killing one for dinner.

Sorry, animals are NOT human and I wish people would quit treating as if they were.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:27 AM

6,414 posts, read 4,908,175 times
This is one of the most disturbing things I have ever read. Any living thing being tortured like that is sacrilege and those responsible should be tossed in jail.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Why they'd think a pet pig would taste good is beyond me. I guess I don't know this for sure, but I serioulsy doubt it would taste the way you'd expect it to. But even then, people who aren't evil would just quickly end it's life. You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat animals. If you torture an animal, you're probably not far from torturing a person. Some people need to seek mental health professionals. It's a crazy world sometimes.
"Why they'd think a pet pig would taste good is beyond me. I guess I don't know this for sure,"

If you DON'T know, why do you even bother to speculate?

it shows you DON'T care about the FACT, just what you THINK, based on NOTHING but your OWN prejudices.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:04 AM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Want to see something horrific? See how wild dogs bring down a pig. They eat it, slowly, from behind while it's still alive. In fact most pack animals do it that way.

These people were just idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies