Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2016, 02:43 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Perhaps I did not make it clear or I do now understand the above reply, but my point is, ask someone or yourself, who is your favorite NFL player, what position does he play, when did he get drafted, for which teams has he played before, where did he go to college, etc

Then ask the same person, who is your governor. Seriously do it, out of my group of friends, only about 1/4 knew our governor.
typical person in this group
male
mid 30s
married
college educated
Voted, usually just presidential elections
50k+ salary, but this is Seattle Metro area, so it is actually just middle class around here
My point, they are not drunk college students, they are grown men.
Perhaps I miss understood your statement.
You said; "Most NFL fans place the importance of their favorite NFL team and players over political views."
Now I realize what you meant was;
"Most NFL fans place the importance on their favorite NFL team and players and not players political views."

My bad.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:54 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Democrats this, Republicans that. Who cares?

That's part of the problem. People like you and your bi-partisan boners. You act like Republicans are flawless and perfect and haven't contributed to the current state of affairs in this country. But that's fine, you can continue to have your bi-partisan **** measuring contest and sit around and blame, blame, blame, while the rest actually put the bi-partisan BS aside, since that accomplishes nothing.

You hope he loses endorsements?

Of course those who employ him can cut him because it's their right and he could lose his endorsement deals because that's their right, but it sounds like you want him to lose them because you happen to not agree with him. Mature.

People who are more upset with the protest and not the reason behind the protest are part of the problem.
First, you seem to care a whole lot of times when it comes to Republican vs Democrat.

The reason I am pointing it out is because it is mostly the left complaining about it while also claiming Republicans are racist.

I do find it weird you're complaining about me being bi-partisan. I take it as a compliment.

I feel he is disrespecting all the people who sacrificed for this country, that is why I hope he loses endorsement deals.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:55 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Looks like the Cowboys could use a QB for 6-10 weeks since Romo decided to take his yearly vacation early.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:00 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Geez these guys are gutless drama queens. They want to play the white man's game, get the big bucks and then act like a spoiled child doing something as pointless as sitting during the national anthem.

The lowest soldier, the guy who cleaned the latrines is someone I respect 1000X more than a moron like Kaepernick. He's barely an NFL QB.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:03 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Democrats this, Republicans that. Who cares?

That's part of the problem. People like you and your bi-partisan boners. You act like Republicans are flawless and perfect and haven't contributed to the current state of affairs in this country. But that's fine, you can continue to have your bi-partisan **** measuring contest and sit around and blame, blame, blame, while the rest actually put the bi-partisan BS aside, since that accomplishes nothing.

You hope he loses endorsements?

Of course those who employ him can cut him because it's their right and he could lose his endorsement deals because that's their right, but it sounds like you want him to lose them because you happen to not agree with him. Mature.

People who are more upset with the protest and not the reason behind the protest are part of the problem.
I don't hope he loses sponsors, but I recently read a whole thread full of people gleeful over Ryan Lochte's loss of endorsements when he was a victim of what he thought was police brutality. Imagine if two off duty police officers acting as security held guns to people's heads and demanded money for damages. That would be outrageous, and people would rightly be upset with the police, no matter what kind of drunken tale the guys concocted to the media.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:03 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I never read of any violent protests while the declaration of independence or constitution were being formulated and written..............
You mean, other than the War of Independence?

Old 08-27-2016, 03:04 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The free right to protest is about as American as you can get.
How about standing in appreciation that a guy with an IQ of 75 can make millions of dollars playing a kid's game? He should kiss every fans backside before the game starts too.

Cashier at Walmart would have been a stretch for him if someone else hadn't invented a game he can actually play.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:17 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
This fool is paid to play, not make political grand standing stunts.
Kaepernick has every right to express his beliefs at a time and place he sees fitting, and others have the right to disagree.

This is democracy in action.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:20 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Kaepernick has every right to express his beliefs at a time and place he sees fitting, and others have the right to disagree.

This is democracy in action.

um... WRONG...lol eehhhhhhh xxxx

at his home? sure...in the street? sure...

WHILE AT HIS JOB?? heck freakin' no...

Working at job for a boss is NOT a Democracy.. you don't get a vote.

You do what you are told, quit or get fired.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:26 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
agree, disagree?

Is this essentially a protest against the horrible job the worst president ever has done?
Wall st kid ---

I have been a devout 49er fan my entire life....and even a season ticket holder for years when I lived there.

Kap is a mess mentally and physically....and has been for a while. His main problem is that he can't process what he is seeing on the field in the context of the opposing defense and react efficiently and accurately. In pure football terms - He can't seem to throw guys open and can't get past his first and second reads.

He's a free agent next year and wont be resigned. He'll probably end up back on the IR again this year as he only played one series and did terrible in the preseason loss to GB last night.

Instead of protesting the flag, he should be protesting the folks in the administration who are behind the divide and conquer strategy, creating division between races and division between the police and black people.

In this situation, the police are in the same stooge pot as everyone else who has blinders on.

Kap needs to both open his eyes wider and get in better touch with his intution to figure this thing out.

Deep down we all know the truth - but fear is keeping it hidden and out of sight for many.

I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies