Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 01:57 PM

1,478 posts, read 787,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalDiscord View Post
The scientific method IS science. Science is a very detailed process of observation, an assumption of that observation and then testing to verify and validate it to that assumption. That is science.

You can not verify and validate a given assumption through more assumptions.

So, when CAGW holds to proper scientific process, then we can talk, until then... I have no interest in the politics you are pushing and seeing yet another progressive party evolve because they are running from the result of their previous party.
He (EvilEyeFleegle) seems to be well intentioned to me, so, he's not to blame if there are members of the Government and people in the sciences intentionally deceiving people in the world.

I'm not quite sure what their angle is in doing so but I hazard a guess it's power and a money trick. Something they learned from centuries of evangelist preachers warning that the world is ending and salvation comes through following them as saviors and giving them money. To this very day it still works among some Christian sects.

If Democrats or the liberals in Europe are the only ones you can trust to save your life from an apocalypse it makes sense for liberal politicians to promote this story. People will flock to them. And the government (politicians) often funds through tax dollars the global warming research I believe. You don't bite the hand that feeds you even if you're a scientists, and especially if you're a scientist with liberal socio-political beliefs. Plus, you get to be the new person that must save the world and people will pay you for that.

What I find interesting--on a very practical level--is that the same US Government and liberals in European Governments, are pushing to bring the United States and Russia to the brink of nuclear war. A renewed arms race is underway. But apparently nuclear war is not an environmental threat to them nor a big worry about ending human civilizations. This kind of leads me to believe I am dealing with government versions of the Chicago and Milwaukee street pimps.

The earth was hotter with more CO2 in the atmosphere for much of its existence before humans ever walked on this earth. So, human caused increase of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere since the dawn of the Industrial Revolution, kept in the context we are still in a mini-ice age, does not necessarily mean life is going to come to an end on earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 03:00 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
We need to get rid of the electoral college, and once this happens everything should settle itself.

I live in a very red state, I can sleep on Election Day and nothing would change. All electoral votes would go for Trump. My vote for Jill Stein would be useless.

But if the electoral college was eliminated, votes would be counted just by number of votes and not electoral college, meaning anyone living anywhere is not "silenced" by not agreeing with the majority of their state. I should rightly have my voice heard regardless of where I live, and as a left-winger in a right-leaning state my voice will never really be heard in any election. And it should not be that way. It creates polarization.
Whining and Thumb Sucking creates 'polarization'. I live in a Metro area that has a larger population than the entire State of Arizona. I lived here when Texas was solid Blue and didn't whine about it. People just kept voting and throwing out the Bums, while electing new Bums that got thrown out. Eventually you get to some Bums you an stomach. It can be done at Local, State & National Levels and doesn't require a Paper Shredder or Bon Fire.

Tearing up the Constitution and our entire System is pretty extreme to satisfy Whiners, Thumb Suckers and Sore Losers.

All that said --
I'm not sure that the Republican Party will survive 2016 -- good chance the W / TS / SL crowd will bring it down.

Old 08-28-2016, 03:07 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
A third party wouldn't solve anything. The root problem is corruption: our government is controlled by Big Money from Big Business. A third party would still be controlled by Big Money, unless fundamental reforms are made.

Old 08-28-2016, 03:16 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
No, the science is not there. The CAGW climate science does not follow the scientific method. It does not seek rigorous testing and replication of a hypothesis to verify and validate a given supposition.

What it does do is make many assumptions about observations to which can only be verified and validated by creating models to which are nothing more than more assumptions about how our climate systems work. That is not science, it is hokum. It is why appeals to authority are made when their claims are questioned, it is why political campaigns are made to promote its occurrence, it is why personal attacks on skeptic scientists and fascist calls for their jailing are made.

CAGW is not science, it is propaganda. If you are promoting a political party on this garbage, then you might as well step back into the democrat party where you came from because we have had enough blind devotion to causes while attacking those who require proper scientific process.
Just curious...where did you get your PhD in science from?

Old 08-28-2016, 03:35 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Not interested in providing direct links and you can check world wide tide gauges for rise and falls if it interests you (its common knowledge information). It is dependent on areas and there is rising and lowering in various areas. All this depends on many elements that are specific to the location. There is no global acceleration to sea level rise.

What should we do about it? Well in science, we first identify a problem first and fully understand it before we attempt to think we can resolve it.

Though there are those who would rather act before for understanding, and this is natural, the world is no stranger to these types. We know them as lynch mobs who murder people based on mob perception and gossip. They are the idiots and sheep who are manipulated easily by fear to promote action by their leaders. They are idealists who worship feeling and emotional resolve over logic and proper process to an understanding.

I have no interest in these subhuman animals, they have been a blight on the world since its inception. I see no need in this day and age, with all of the access to knowledge that exists to worship at the feet of such dogma.

Basically, I am not that kind of stupid.

Hmmm..I'll not ask the obvious question...

I'll just ask who is this 'we' you claim to belong to?
Feeling a bit arrogant, are you?
You've not yet posted a word that would begin to convince me that you are an authority on this,or any other subject.

Some links..which of course you'll denigrate...

Sea Level Trends - Frequently Asked Questions

https://scripps.ucsd.edu/news/1858

This , of course, does not belong on this thread, and I apologize for responding to this off-topic subject...thank you for your forbearance

Old 08-28-2016, 03:36 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
The New Gullible Party.
I was thinking Party of the Stupid.

Old 08-28-2016, 03:43 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I was thinking Party of the Stupid.
I would say that the "stupid" are those who treat our political system as some kind of sport, with two teams--they root for one and boo the other--with little or no thought as to the consequences of their actions--I swear that 50%+ of the posts I read here are just rehashed rhetoric from the talking heads of the poster's choice.

How is advocating compromise and pragmatic solutions "stupid" or "gullible"?

Is it that the increasingly irrelevant 'culture warriors' fear their being reduced to the fringe?

Old 08-28-2016, 03:46 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Media firebrand, Steve Bannon, is reportedly a BIG thinker. Various media have speculated that his engagement with Trump will eventually evolve into a new cable news outlet and/ or political party.

Instead of a third party, I prefer no political parties.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:

I have no interest in discussing with peasants/sheep. They only know what they are told to think which is why they keep seeking the "High Shepard" for every acceptance of truth.

Baaaahhhahhh Bye.
You werre simply asked to provide evidence to support the claim. If you can not provide that evidence, just admit so and move on.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:52 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
As both the Republicans and the Democrats polarize to their extremes--I think it's time for all of those who believe in the governance of reason to organize and form a replacement party.
I don't mean some 'one-trick pony' like the Greens or the Constitutionalists; I mean a party that takes the best from both the Conservatives and the Liberals.
A party of the majority.
A party that favors solution-oriented approaches to the real problems facing us--Global Warming--Immigration--decreasing Global Resources while population rises. A party that smashes Terrorism--while addressing the reasons behind it.
A party that recognizes the Generational problems require Generational solutions.
A party that will recognize that the best indication of success will be the howling from both fringes--Left and Right.
A party that recognizes that fighting the tired Culture wars of the past century is akin to Nero fiddling while Rome burned.

We, Americans, can still be a beacon of hope.
First, a party of the majority defeats the purpose of the Constitution. The majority should not rule.

Libertarians

Originally Posted by LogicalDiscord

I have no interest in discussing with peasants/sheep. They only know what they are told to think which is why they keep seeking the "High Shepard" for every acceptance of truth.

Baaaahhhahhh Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You werre simply asked to provide evidence to support the claim. If you can not provide that evidence, just admit so and move on.
Actually, he has a point. You can't reason with a herd. People have been trained to be sheep, and this is why so many still blame GWB for Obama being an abject failure. Herd mentality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies