Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 11:02 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
A Muslim may be the Good Samaritan.

Look at al-Sisi in Egpyt. He protects Christians. Assad protects Christians in Syria and he's Muslim.

I didn't watch the video because I don't want to see that kind of violence now. Humans like to act like Chimpanzees. Americans would lynch pedophilies if the police let them. There will always be someone humans want to lynch. I kind of want to lynch US politicians.
You always need dictators to protect the Minorities in Muslim countries.

When given a free hand, the Egyptian Muslims chose 'Muslim Brotherhood' (who Obama also supported).

"Allah is our objective; the Prophet is our leader; the Quran is our law; Jihad is our way; dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope." - Muslim Brotherhood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 11:04 AM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I assume that liberals support these terrorists because they are stupid and would vote for their own destruction, if given the opportunity. They hate themselves and this nation, and all the freedoms and liberties that we enjoy. By flooding this nation with closed minded terrorists, they would be one step closer to achieving their ultimate goal of "radically and fundamentally changing America".... And not for the better.

We would all be better off just ignoring liberals, and all the garbage they spew. If a confused liberal tries to sway your opinion, just tell the bum to get a job, and walk away. Most importantly though, vote wisely, and with conviction. That is our best defense of all from these losers. There are not more of them than us. They are just louder, and much more annoying.
You make an incorrect assumption, and you probably know that. The largest terrorist attack on American soil took place during a conservative presidential administration.

We don't hate ourselves, but we do hate hate-speech and hate-posts.

We don't hate the country, but we have a different view of what freedom and liberty actually stands for.

We aren't "flooding this nation" with terrorists. That's pure hyperbole.

Stormfront types don't want to listen to a broader perspective of American viewpoints.

Every liberal I've personally known has been fully employed, and many liberal types are among the higher paid professionals.

There are more liberals than ultra-alt-right types. The vast American populace, including Democrats and the majority of independents would reject your post. But you wouldn't realize that because, as you admit, you don't listen to people with viewpoints different from your own.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:05 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
You always need dictators to protect the Minorities in Muslim countries.

When given a free hand, the Egyptian Muslims chose 'Muslim Brotherhood' (who Obama also supported).

"Allah is our objective; the Prophet is our leader; the Quran is our law; Jihad is our way; dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope." - Muslim Brotherhood
Barack Obama supported the democratically elected government of Egypt. You can not say you support democracy and then not support the group that won the elections.

That sets a dangerous precedence, and doing so would be no better than picking a dictator if only the people you liked could run for government.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Barack Obama supported the democratically elected government of Egypt. You can not say you support democracy and then not support the group that won the elections.

That sets a dangerous precedence, and doing so would be no better than picking a dictator if only the people you liked could run for government.
He didn't warn the Egyptians that they would lose US business if they choose the fascist Muslim Brotherhood, he had no problem warning the English about Brexit.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:20 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Nobody thinks ALL Muslims are bad

But "you just think ALL Muslims are bad" is certainly the conversation ends all conversations.
Maybe you personally don't believe that, but just read through the threads right here on C-D. There are many who do.

This very thread you are posting in, in its title, puts the word "peaceful" in quotes. What is the purpose of that if not to imply that the Muslim religion as a whole is not peaceful? The OP makes no such distinction between the relatively small faction of radicals and the entire religion, but paints with a broad brush the millions upon millions of peaceful Muslims right along with the relatively small group of radicals. And I bet there isn't a single poster or reader here who didn't know exactly which religion the OP was referring to with that title.

Now, should we put the word "peaceful" in quotes to describe Christianity because a fundamentalist Christian sect fostered a movement in Uganda that led to a "kill the gays" law being passed which made being gay a crime punishable by death? You would say that was unfair, to imply the religion as a whole wasn't peaceful because of the actions of a few, wouldn't you? So would I. But you say nothing about that when it is applied to Muslims in the title of this thread.

Why don't you ask the OP why he put a "peaceful" religion in quotes in his title if he didn't mean to label all Muslims as bad? I'd be interested in hearing the answer to that.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Maybe you personally don't believe that, but just read through the threads right here on C-D. There are many who do.

This very thread you are posting in, in its title, puts the word "peaceful" in quotes. What is the purpose of that if not to imply that the Muslim religion as a whole is not peaceful? The OP makes no such distinction between the relatively small faction of radicals and the entire religion, but paints with a broad brush the millions upon millions of peaceful Muslims right along with the relatively small group of radicals. And I bet there isn't a single poster or reader here who didn't know exactly which religion the OP was referring to with that title.

Now, should we put the word "peaceful" in quotes to describe Christianity because a fundamentalist Christian sect fostered a movement in Uganda that led to a "kill the gays" law being passed which made being gay a crime punishable by death? You would say that was unfair, wouldn't you? So would I. But you say nothing about that when it is applied to Muslims in the title of this thread.

Why don't you ask the OP why he put "peaceful" in quotes if he didn't mean to label all Muslims as bad? I'd be interested in hearing the answer to that.
Michael Moore and the Liberal ilk would do the same if talking about Christianity.

Similarly, Muslim Liberals of the Michael Moore mold appreciate the "peaceful" in quotes.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:25 AM

1,478 posts, read 788,314 times
Quote:

The black community is extremely homophobic, and there is no defending that. It mostly comes from religion, not ideology.
That's not entirely true.

Your ignorant assumption is that Anglican Church is more hostile towards LGBTQ people than the ideologically driven Gangster Disciples and Vice Lords.

A black Chicago Vice Lord told me when he was incarcerated in prison down South, the Vice Lords in prison had a rule of no fratinization with homosexuals. And according to him their punishment for breaking the rule was to take a 50 pound weight plate, and while you're laying down on the bench press, to smash it on your face.

The Soviet Union promoted atheism and engagement in homosexual sex was punishable by prison time.

Mostly homosexuality--like pedophilia--has been viewed as a sexual perversion throughout many societies.

Kind of like how penis-phobic liberal American women are, unless the penis pops out from under a female dress, then they are magically no longer frightened of it.

But what is of more importance is the Hilary-Democrat-LGBTQ alliance with Al Qaida in Syria and indirect alliance with ISIS. This alliance has slaughtered many men, women, and children. So, you don't care about that, but you think everyone on planet earth is supposed to be more outraged by a relatively few homosexuals put to death around the globe. As unjust as those executions are.

Far more Christians are being killed across planet earth than homosexuals. But the Democrats and LGBTQ therefore, are homies of the oppressive Saudi Arabia theocratic absolute monarchy. If their Saudi homies are executing homosexuals that's a problem between you two homies. The Saudi's are not my homies. I prefer Assad in Syria.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:27 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,378 times
Hey *******s...

How's the last 8 freakin' years of a Dem POTUS working out for ya?

Hey.. great idea... you want to make things better for minorities and those "oppressed"? Lets keep voting Dem as its been working out REALLY well these last 8 years..

Don't know if you have noticed but things are WORSE now......lol

Amazing the mind of Dems..

Old 08-28-2016, 11:35 AM

1,478 posts, read 788,314 times
Quote:

The Muslim Brotherhood lynched a beautiful, young Coptic woman on the streets. She was returning from delivering medicine to an elderly woman. This was a group of young men. Seeing her cross in her car window they forced her car to a stop, dragged her out the car, beat her to death so badly that pieces of her skull had to be picked up off the street.

I'm mulatto. Ethnically Black-American. I know you cry no tears of sorrow for a young woman mobbed attacked by men in numbers. But you would bemoan the same happening to a gay man or black man. For me it is the same kind of lynch hate. It does not matter if the victim is a Christian girl, Muslim boy, black man, transsexual, or gay man.

A people by majority vote can elect an Adolf Hitler or Nazi party. Democracy is no sacred thing and can be worse than a benevolent dictatorship.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:39 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
That's not entirely true.

Your ignorant assumption is that Anglican Church is more hostile towards LGBTQ people than the ideologically driven Gangster Disciples and Vice Lords.
There is no ignorance in my post. You are trying to argue that because some drug dealer and gang member is homophobic, that means it isnt based on religion and while that may be true in some cases, it is a flawed model in your argument.

Someone not being religious is not the same as their beliefs not coming from religion, there are plenty of gang members who went to church every Sunday as a kid and learned that stupidity in church and simply took the belief with them when they became gang members.

I also, for the record, never said the church in and of itself was more hostile to gay people than gangs. I never even mentioned gangs, that was you.

You cant have an argument with someone based on elements that were never introduced in the first place. I simply stated that there are homophobic black people and that yes, the church is partly to blame.

look before you leap next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies