Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 04:56 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Bill & Hillary would know. Why don't you ask them?

You simply demonstrate a partisan double standard. It's OK for Bill & Hillary to belong to a racist country club. i.e. You make poor attempt to defend them by Republican comparison distraction. Yet with the Republicans you have to make up nonsense to promote the false meme that you attempt to promote. Well no matter....

Doesn't matter to me if you decide that you are happy on that Democrat Plantation and vote accordingly. But as the OP says, it's all a falsehood. The facts, such as the racist country club, speaks for itself.

I can't ask Bill and Hilary. I don't know where they are. I don't hang around country clubs. I never said it was okay for Bill and Hilary to belong to such a country club. In fact, how often have you known me to mention Bill and Hilary? How often have I even mentioned any politician belonging to any country club? Have you seen me defend Hilary Clinton? You and me have had interactions in the past. I've mentioned my own disdain for Hilary Clinton. I've called her a "snake".

How do I demonstrate a partisan double standard? This thread is about something a man who belong to a "Black Power" hate group saying "Trump is right about the Democrats". I asked this. What have Republicans done for Blacks over the last 45 years? I have not seen much. Miami has a Republican mayor. It has had Republican mayors before. Blacks are doing quite bad in that city. And not just American Blacks. Haitians aren't doing great compared to the rest of Miami's population. Omaha,Nebraska. Ran by a Republican mayor. Has had Republican mayors in the past, as well as Democrat. Omaha has ranked really bad for Black Americans. One of the highest poverty rates for Blacks. Tulsa,OK. Even with the oil industry and a Republican mayor there, gang violence has increased in that city. Poverty is an issue among Blacks in Tulsa. Blacks seem to do worse than anyone else no matter if it's a Republican or Democratic city. This whole "Republicans are the answer" merely exposes a partisan mentality.

This is the thing. I have seen this before. Quote a Black power activist (such as Malcolm X) to get Blacks to "see things a certain way". If a Black power guy says it, he must be right. Any other day, men like Malcolm X would be derided as Black racists. I've been on city-data for nearly 10 years. I've seen this before and I don't buy that.

Terms like "Democratic plantation" is basically a buzz word. How do you expect Blacks to vote for Republicans by comparing them to slaves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 05:04 PM

23,973 posts, read 15,078,314 times
All one needs to do is look at the photos and statements here regarding the two NBP guys on the polling place steps. The conservatives went nuts about voter oppression.

This old white women would have given them a hug and gone in to vote.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
All one needs to do is look at the photos and statements here regarding the two NBP guys on the polling place steps. The conservatives went nuts about voter oppression.

This old white women would have given them a hug and gone in to vote.
Regardless of the reaction, this is what I know. Quoting a member of the NBPP shows a sign of desperation. I'm Black and I want nothing to do with the NBPP. Members of the original Black Panthers do not like the NBPP and refer to them as bigots. I've heard a few people quote Malcolm X when it came to criticizing Blacks for voting for Democrats.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:25 PM

An important read: Republican Party & Black Voters -- How GOP Can Win Over African Americans | National Review

And it does not involve quoting the likes of Quanell X and Malcolm X.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is just my perspective. I believe there is more concern about getting a Republican in office. Wherever Blacks live, they do worse than most other groups. Granted, Blacks today are in better shape than in the 1960s. Many things have improved. My point is this. It really doesn't matter which political party is in charge. If the Democrats have not been that good lately, neither have the Republicans. And I come to this. Quoting Black power activists, in my judgement, has not been about "I want Black people to do better than this". To me, it's about getting Blacks to vote Republican with the purpose to put more Republicans in power. It is about power.
I suppose I can not speak on that. I have not seen it. That is not to say you aren't completely correct. I certainly am NOT saying Republicans would be better as I most certainly do not believe that. When I agree with the person in question here that Hillary too blacks for granted, that in no way means I support the Republicans.

Quote:
I say this. If Republican politicians want more Black Americans to vote for them, some changes have to be done. Quoting Malcolm X and Quanell X won't work. Claiming that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr was a Republican won't work. Something to consider. Newtt Gingrich could have gotten more Blacks to vote for him. He blew it when he made his "Blacks should seek jobs, not food stamps" comment.

Rick Santorum and his comment "I don't want to make Black people's lives better by giving them someone else's money". This is what I get from it. He views Blacks as a pest. By "someone else's money", I think he means taxes from non-Blacks. Blacks are paying taxes too.

Making ignorant comments will just alienate people. Acting under the assumption of "Black people just want free stuff" is a stupid way to do things. It is ignorant. And it's a slap in the face to Black people who do work for a living, who do pay their taxes.
There is nothing really for me to consider. I am not a Republican.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
An important read: Republican Party & Black Voters -- How GOP Can Win Over African Americans | National Review

And it does not involve quoting the likes of Quanell X and Malcolm X.
In the end the article agree's with what Quanell X said. I also understand you are not saying he is wrong but simply quoting him while thinking that's going to get you votes is a big mistake.

Black voters did not switch to the GOP. Trump pretty much got the same number of votes as Romney. There was no swing to Trump. Hillary lost because she got fewer votes than Obama especially in some important areas.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I suppose I can not speak on that. I have not seen it. That is not to say you aren't completely correct. I certainly am NOT saying Republicans would be better as I most certainly do not believe that. When I agree with the person in question here that Hillary too blacks for granted, that in no way means I support the Republicans.

There is nothing really for me to consider. I am not a Republican.
I read between the lines. And a long time ago someone said it was his business how Blacks vote. I've been on the forum since March 2007. It was probably sometime after the 2012 election.

I've been dragged into political conversations where someone was trying to get me to side with the Republican Party. Part of the conversation included race a few times.

I think similar to you. I do not think Republicans are better. I voted Libertarian this election. The idea is this. I believe people will say anything to get what they want.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
In the end the article agree's with what Quanell X said. I also understand you are not saying he is wrong but simply quoting him while thinking that's going to get you votes is a big mistake.

Black voters did not switch to the GOP. Trump pretty much got the same number of votes as Romney. There was no swing to Trump. Hillary lost because she got fewer votes than Obama especially in some important areas.
I did read the article. My point was that there was no mention of Malcolm X or Quanell X.

Hillary got the popular vote, but the electoral vote counts more. We've mentioned that voter participation dropping played a role.

It comes to this. Dropping support for Democrats does not mean Blacks will switch to Republicans.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I did read the article. My point was that there was no mention of Malcolm X or Quanell X.

Hillary got the popular vote, but the electoral vote counts more. We've mentioned that voter participation dropping played a role.

It comes to this. Dropping support for Democrats does not mean Blacks will switch to Republicans.
Absolutely not. I generally support less support for both.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Absolutely not. I generally support less support for both.
Not supporting either party might catch alot of eyes.

This is what scares me. Not voting at all. Some say "your vote doesn't count". It counts. It made a difference this past election.

Why do you think there is such an obsession over who Blacks vote for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies