Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 04:44 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times

Advertisements

Everyone who uses their rights must be willing to accept the consequences that go along with it.

Kaepernick will find out how rights work if he hasn't already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 04:45 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Trump is right 100%.That clown QB should shut the hell up and play ball bc he sucks at it enough....attack cops,reach for a weapon,etc YOU WILL GET SHOT!
Kaepernick is not obligated not to hate America but his claims (that the country oppresses blacks and people of color) is a bald-faced lie. If it were true, he wouldn't have been able to achieve the success he has achieved -- same with Obama and other successful blacks. This, by the way, is a good thing.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:46 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanaticist View Post
"New on the block"?

You expect to be taken seriously when you can't proofread or even spell for that matter? Your posts are more effective that way.

Still waiting on my reply by the way.
You keep waiting... I'll let you know when.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:46 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Eons ago when I was in a NYC Catholic Girls HS, I went to dances at our "Brother" HS. It was there I met a very cool, intelligent guy who was all the local talk about being a phenom HS Basketball player. Lew and I talked about a lot of current events, but basketball and religion were never among them. Neither of us were what you could consider religious then.

When I read years later, that he converted to Islam it did surprise me. Not that he became a Muslim, but any religion at all. Me? I consider myself to be among the "Nones" as far as religion is concerned.

I think some you will know this Basketball Legend who I am talking about. Remember, this was many decades ago. Why would you be surprised at this happening today?
"at our "Brother" HS." " about being a phenom HS Basketball player."

Just to remind you MY high school BEAT your Brother's high school in basketball when he was the star there.

Sorry, I couldn't resist the reminder.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:51 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Donald Trump suggests Colin Kaepernick should leave the U.S. - NY Daily News

This is a pretty good representation that makes Kaepernick's point for him probably better than his words ever could:

White man says USA isn't great and doesn't win anymore, gets nominated for president.

Black man says USA isn't great because cops are killing too many people of color, is asked to leave the country.

Isn't he supposed to be surfing on a platform that the US hasn't been kind to black people so they should vote for him? So what's the truth Trump? Is America bad and we should vote for you or do you think it's great and any critics should move?

Maybe telling people who are pointing out problems in America as it stands right now to leave the country isn't in his best interests.
That's twisting the facts quite a bit. Trump, with his personality, would have criticized a white FB player just the same.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:52 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Kaepernick is not obligated not to hate America but his claims (that the country oppresses blacks and people of color) is a bald-faced lie. If it were true, he wouldn't have been able to achieve the success he has achieved -- same with Obama and other successful blacks. This, by the way, is a good thing.
Trump told us blacks are all in a ghetto in fear of walking down the street. Which is it? He can't even keep his racism from flip flopping.

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Donald Trump suggests Colin Kaepernick should leave the U.S. - NY Daily News

This is a pretty good representation that makes Kaepernick's point for him probably better than his words ever could:

White man says USA isn't great and doesn't win anymore, gets nominated for president.

Black man says USA isn't great because cops are killing too many people of color, is asked to leave the country.

Isn't he supposed to be surfing on a platform that the US hasn't been kind to black people so they should vote for him? So what's the truth Trump? Is America bad and we should vote for you or do you think it's great and any critics should move?

Maybe telling people who are pointing out problems in America as it stands right now to leave the country isn't in his best interests.
Why does Trump handlers even allow him to operate that twitter??? He constantly undermines what his campaign is attempting to project ?? He says one thing..and tries to appeal to those "Others" ..then shoots himself in the foot!! It's laughable really..because his historical past actually makes what his outreach is as a LIE.

I for one am looking forward to his interaction in that Black church coming up to see how he acts! His teleprompter skills leave something to desire..BUT I sure Hope that his audience doesn't do anything other than listen..stay silent ( which will bug Trump to the tenth degree).. Listen..say and..ask no questions..don't clap ( unless good points) ..and walk out!!

Course Trumpf will have his few dozen surrogates out in the crowd whistling and hooting away...then I will expect..Trumpf Campaign to describe this as HOSTILE and he felt threatened ( while SS surrounds him..LOL) .

It was floated when asked why no rallies in Black population locations..Back about 2 weeks ago..Because of violent threats blah blah blah... That failed..so now going to some "Black Church" to appeal to them for support.. Meanwhile his tweets undermine all that his Campaign wants/hopes for ..ROFLMAO!!

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
I'm a hockey fan. I've stated numerous times I don't give a damn about football. I think it's overrated, but that's beside the point. I don't know much about Kaepernick and I don't care to.

If we're discussing football, I couldn't care less. If it's politics, that's why I'm here.

If anything, since I come from a family that supports the Giants I should have reason to dissent but like I said, I don't give two ****s.
Now you are telling us you couldn't care less.

You are certainly the star contributor !

Old 08-29-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure it's obsession. More or less tolerance and justice.

Most of us have the privilege of being white, which really gives us an automatic handicap in this society.

The 70's were really the only period post-Civil Rights that African Americans had any real time to "catch up" to the rest of us, because shortly after, Reagan came in with his boneheaded neoliberalist policies and screwed everyone over, of which we are still reeling from today.

These issues didn't sprout up yesterday. They've been in the making for over 40 years.

You can't expect a race of people to make up for over 400 years of oppression in ten years, which is a very important point and something seemingly lost of some of us.

Racism isn't over because you have a black friend either.

Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away, but if you're white (generally speaking) you don't have to worry. Inaction and silence is just as bad.
"You can't expect a race of people to make up for over 400 years of oppression in ten years,"

You do like to stretch things out don't you.

Blacks have NOT been oppressed in America for over 400 years. America isn't even that old but, you want to blame it when it didn't even exist.

Slaves were freed by Lincoln in 1860 something.

The U.S passed the Equal Rights Act back in the mid 60's, followed by Affirmative Action.

That's about 50 years or so. NOT TEN.

What is your excuse NOW?

Old 08-29-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt here in thinking you could figure it out on your own but apparently I have to explain everything to you.

It's the state.

You're talking to a certified history teacher, and it seems like you need a Civil Rights history lesson.
" a certified history teacher"

A liberal teacher. THAT explains a LOT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies