Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 06:38 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
People go to football games to relax and enjoy themselves not to think about civil rights. That should be ok with you and Colon right? or should we be required to meditate on civil rights every waking moment? would you back a actor right in the middle of a scene giving a tear jerking speech of the plight of the black man in the US when it has nothing to do with the movie?

None of this will mean anything in a week or two when the 49ers cut Colon not because he is black or his stunt but because he stinks. Of course Colon will scream racism but the truth is the 49ers tried to trade him but no team wanted him because he stinks.
People go to football games to watch grown men smash into each other and maybe cause catastrophic injuries during a game or years later with a plethora of injuries. That is an another story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 06:42 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanaticist View Post
If you subscribe to that, sure, but remember, the internet is mostly a bathroom wall.
Point taken.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Isn't Dumb Donald the one who openly says America sucks with his Make America Great Again caps
It sucks because of the current moron squatting in the WH.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:44 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanaticist View Post
There is a prevailing narrative that unless you're black, you have no right to complain, yet the moment you're black and do complain, it's bias and you cannot be trusted.

This is why it doesn't matter if Kaepernick is bi-racial and makes millions of dollars. He's sacrificing his own career for others that aren't so fortunate and don't have a voice.

If you or I didn't stand at a Pop Warner game, nobody would care.

He is using his fame as a platform. It's a medium to relay a message. If you have the resources to do so, why not?
There is no prevailing narrative if you are black, you have no right to complain. I have no idea where you got that nonsense from. People of every color complain it seems about everything now days.

It does matter about what he is and how much he makes: he is protesting at a venue that has nothing to do with what he is protesting about, he might as well be protesting a local bar canceling all you can eat Friday nachos. What he was protesting he was making it out to be some systemic wide, serious issue, when in fact it is not, not even close. Making a mountain out of a mole hill as they say. Of course there are issues, and there will always be issues, but he acts like he is protesting some serious issue like Jim Crow laws or something. The Ethiopians that protested in the Olympics were protesting a real thing, the mass killings of their people by the Ethiopians gov. This guy is protesting, well, what, some criminals getting gunned down when resisting arrest? The 0.000000001% of actual criminal cops? An issue that is just going to forever be there because cops can in fact be wrong and criminal? That is like protesting cars speeding on the highway.

Also, I am sure his wife has a lot to do with it all. She is an activists and makes a living off of victim hood.

Lastly, protesting by sitting down during the National Anthem is absurd, he obviously needs that history major you have in order to understand why he is allowed to sit and protest without being arrested, and while not perfect, the US has afforded his ass and many others opportunities that do not exist anywhere else in the world, to the point all of these blacks and people of color do all they can, even risk their lives, to get to the US, because the US on its worst day will treat them better than their own people.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:44 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
He's committing career suicide. Look forward to him getting booed on/off the field every week!
I don't particularly agree with what he did, or disagree with what he did, but I have more respect for him than we secret anonymous posters who risk nothing.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If your copy of the Constitution bans me from expressing my views about somebody expressing theirs, I'd love to see it.
"Pedro", nowhere in his post did he say that.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:47 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Talking about respect.

If you want to protest a war, do it in front of white house or Marine Corps base.

Not in front of a VA hospital

I will respect you more.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I said it in another post about this but I will say it again.

Kaepernick you are paid ridiculous amounts of money to PLAY a Game. We do not care about your political views and if you really cared about black people you would be donating some of that money to the inner cities.
I don't really care if he converted, people fall in and out of their birth/ chosen faiths everyday.

What I don't want to see is him call a time out and whip out his prayer mat on the 50 yard line.

Christian, Muslim, Atheist, does it really matter? Just play ball and stand for the tradition of the National Anthem in a country that has given you the opportunity for everything you have.
You do care.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:49 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
You mean the Constitution that says banning a religion isn't legal? That one?
Please share where the Constitution prohibits screening potential immigrants based on religion.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:54 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I am white, which makes no difference, because people of all races and genders can be discriminated against, harassed, and this is done so to many people every single day in the US.

However, I find it difficult to feel any connection, sympathy, agreement with a guy who makes some claim of "oppression", to the point he publicly acts out in a protest, inferring there is some systemic, nationwide issue with blacks and people of color being oppressed (notice he leave out whites), yet he sitting there as a millionaire, and he is not even the starting player. If oppression against blacks and people of color were so bad as his protest makes it out to be, I guarantee he would not be sitting where he is today. This guy, who honestly I did not even know he was black or half black because he does not look it, has never had any kind of the "struggles" so many people of all races have had to deal with in life. He has lived a life of having a silver spoon in his mouth.

He is just a dimwit, and his BLM activist wife I am sure has had influence over him on this action.
Him having millions of dollars may not be the value point of concern within what he is addressing.

I do agree with you on this point in perspective>
Quote:
I am white, which makes no difference, because people of all races and genders can be discriminated against, harassed, and this is done so to many people every single day in the US.
Because it is a fact that poor whites are not well accepted by well to do whites, which was true when there was indentured servants, as well as today, among the service class working whites and the dire poor whites of today , especially when they try to mingle with well to do whites. The same is likely true when it comes to economic measure within all races of people.
But the matter of discrimination, inequality, inequity is more an issue when people are discriminated based on skin color and ethnicity, which is something they have no control over the natural nature of themselves in such regards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies