Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 09:05 AM

25,843 posts, read 16,522,667 times

Advertisements

He's not even an American anymore as far as I'm concerned. He should take his 100M and his America hating self to the ME for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 09:05 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yeah, we're not discussing the flag. Is it disrespectful to not stand for the anthem? I guess. However I'm not going to flap my hands in hysteria & point fingers & bellow "TRAITOR!!!!! TERRORIST!!!!" simply because someone didn't, gasp, STAND for it.

He's loathsome for why he and where he did it, more than what he did. Protesting America is loathsome in general. Protest on an issue, but do it on your own time is fine.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:07 AM

25,843 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanaticist View Post
Something tells me some people in here would have loved 1930's Weimar Germany.
They had Nazis, we have Liberals. Not much difference.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Something tells me some people in here would have loved 1930's Weimar Germany.

I bet someone who is a muslim convert might.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:10 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Lots of difference actually. This may be the dumbest thing I have read on this website.
What do you expect really, on this forum?

Old 08-29-2016, 09:11 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,597,722 times
The most American thing a person can do is allow others to live their principals and liberties if they are not harming you. Some Americans like Jehovahs witness feel saluting the flag is pagan idolatry. Should we round them up to and call them all ugly names to ? And JW's are far from being liberals.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:11 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Nobody should whine and complaint when Kaepernick is booed every time he touches the ball and when he walks on the field. Freedom of expression!

No more jersey's being sold and the team selling less tickets can be a result but the heck what...just freedom of expression if you agree or not.

IMO Kaerpernick should have addressed this outside of sports and not within his line of work!

Old 08-29-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Protesting America is the most American thing you can do.

You have some awfully frightening authoritarian views.

Protesting America is the most un-American thing you can do. If you want to protest an official policy on your own time that's different.

I think the most frightening authoritarian views is the one this guy has. Like say islam, blm etc.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:13 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Protesting America is the most American thing you can do.

You have some awfully frightening authoritarian views.
So, do you believe the Westboro church people are exceptional Americans?

Old 08-29-2016, 09:14 AM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Right wingers and conservatives (not always the same thing) always like to hide behind the military and how they fight to protect our freedoms.

Yes, he is free to make this statement. You don't get any more American than that, and that's the unique thing about this country.
Sometimes I cannot believe posts like this are not auto-generated agitprop . Did you think the first amendment was so that the rest of us can wax in the glory of one man's free speech? Other people will exercise their right to it when they hear something they don't like.

Quote:
Is it going to **** super authoritarian type people that love order and being told what to do? Absolutely. But you need to understand some basic things.

I have a history degree, so while it isn't really useful for a really high paying job, it is useful in common sense. I spent many college days researching history and still do. But like our classmates always told us in high school, "history is boring".

Willful ignorance is more of a threat in this country than ****ing Islam.
I am not even a history major and I read it all the time. I get a lot out of it because at a young age I had an aptitude for games because I had good pattern recognition. The consequences of the internet boom were easy to know because of what I knew about the railroad boom. I imagine people who do not recognize patterns find it very boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies