Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When will democrats give up fake hacking story?
December 2016 - democrats wake up and realize futility 7 8.54%
March 2017 - eventually the Trump inauguration sets in 12 14.63%
November 2017 - the mind of democrats are slow to see facts 11 13.41%
November 2020 - democrats need hacking ruse as fundraiser 61 74.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 03:42 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

I don't believe any of it. Now the administration (Homeland Security/FBI) are talking election hacks. I just can't believe that if it's so easy to recognize Russian hacking that the Russians would be so stupid to make sure you know it's them doing the hacking. If you were Russian spies intent on hacking US systems wouldn't you make sure it looked like the Chinese did it or the North Koreans did it, for example? Also, what on earth could interest the Russians in the DNC e-mail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 03:54 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
NO! I believe the the media is being careless and so are some politicians like Reid. The fbi is investigating multiple possibilities~ The media is running interference for Killiary. waCompost claims the October surprise will be lies made up by Putin to meddle in our elections.. Laughable if not so serious and pathetic at the same time. They did a knock out job brushing the last batch off the desk into the trash bin of history. What dnc hack? what dead dnc staffers?

Old 08-30-2016, 03:58 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,986 times
If the Russians did hack systems, they wouldn't leave fingerprints and they would hack something that would do them some great good.

Old 08-30-2016, 04:00 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Must be worried about something.. media already shillin for killary

Old 08-30-2016, 04:03 PM

1,229 posts, read 858,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't believe any of it. Now the administration (Homeland Security/FBI) are talking election hacks. I just can't believe that if it's so easy to recognize Russian hacking that the Russians would be so stupid to make sure you know it's them doing the hacking. If you were Russian spies intent on hacking US systems wouldn't you make sure it looked like the Chinese did it or the North Koreans did it, for example? Also, what on earth could interest the Russians in the DNC e-mail?
Laura ---- Your intuition serves you well.

Putin and the Russians are laughing their asses off at the notion that a huge majority of the American public still believes-in and trusts the collusive partnership between our press/news-networks and the government. They know most of the American people are still suckers.

It's my bet that both Assange/Snowden are on the US payroll and have nothing to do with the inner-workings of the Russian government or any controlled-by-them propaganda network.

Russia is the new boogeyman because it halted the imperialists/nation builders from taking out Assad and installing a new, friendly, puppet regime in Syria.

The important thing to always remember - There is no entity on the entire planet that is better than the US government at crafting propaganda to serve its '' ends justifies the means '' agenda.

Old 08-30-2016, 04:05 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
What I believe is that only a few weeks ago people were berated for saying there could be election fraud. They were told there was nothing to worry about, and that making such claims were dangerous and had the potential to destabilize our democracy. The shoe seems to be on the other foot now, so I guess those claims are just to be forgotten now?

Old 08-30-2016, 04:22 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,436,891 times
NSA can spoof location where hack comes from to look like it is anywhere they want, gets them more tax funding to fight the bogie men!

Old 08-30-2016, 04:34 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
What I believe is that only a few weeks ago people were berated for saying there could be election fraud. They were told there was nothing to worry about, and that making such claims were dangerous and had the potential to destabilize our democracy. The shoe seems to be on the other foot now, so I guess those claims are just to be forgotten now?
Not exactly. What I and many others have been saying is that voter fraud is rare. Voter fraud is what happens when an individual casts a ballot illegally - non-resident, not a registered voter, impersonating a registered voter, etc.

Election fraud is when ballots are intentionally miscounted or the count is otherwise interfered with. It would cost a lot to hire enough people to deliberately commit voter fraud in numbers sufficient to swing an election, not to mention that there is zero chance that none of those people would talk. Much more effective, much cheaper, and much more secure to hire a hacker.

As to the OP - I dunno whether it's true that Russians have hacked into our voting systems - I'd like to see some more evidence. And I think that it matters whether it is the Russian gov or whether we are talking about individual Russian hackers.

Election system hacking worries me a lot. The threats, both internal and external, are very worrying.

Old 08-30-2016, 04:47 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,161,497 times
Of course the Russians hacked the DNC servers. The Russians for 20 years have been the world's leading hackers, and they've broken into computers all over Europe, NATO, BBC, French TV and others. Too many independent computer security experts from outside the U.S. have confirmed, after looking at the evidence, that the DNC break-in bore the signature of a Russian hacking operation.

And Putin has a motive to hack the DNC. Clinton angered Putin in 2011 when she criticized an election in Russia and undermined their credibility. That plus Trump has sent obvious signals to Putin that his administration will be more pro-Russia than previous administrations.

Old 08-30-2016, 04:52 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Yes. Although I would not be surprised to see China helping. This is like destabilization 101. And the Russians are GOOD at it. I think we should return the favor.

BUT....."hacked into our systems" can mean a ton of different things. So without knowing the details, I would be hesitant to say what returning the favor looks like. Is it leaking Putins favorite foods, or is it hacking the missiles of a soviet cruiser, and remotely detonating them?

Or maybe as we did in the past.....killing lots of people in a explosion that looked like a nuclear detonation.

Which also leads to the argument of "Well the US started it". Which is highly deceptive. Read the description of events:
CIA plot led to huge blast in Siberian gas pipeline - Telegraph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies