Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 11:36 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times

Advertisements

Yes, by all means, let's continue this incessant 'war on drugs'. We all know how well that's been working out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 11:42 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by notmeofficer
Can't imagine using a gun while high anyways...gives new meaning to whacky tabackey

THIS^^^

Hypocrisy seems to be a badge of honor for many in here. They contradict themselves consistently, which only shows how confused they really are.

Control; that is what they know. You want the war on drugs to continue because you are one of the soldiers fighting this insane war. YOU are a prohibitionist, and just like alcohol, the black market has created far more problems than the people who use these drugs have.

Colorado has been a huge success creating a windfall in tax revenues. Crime hasn't skyrocketed and the state is bringing in money to fund programs rather than more prisoners and prisons.

If we are so "progressive" why does this country have the largest prison population (mostly black and Hispanic) in the world? Nothing but the new plantation for cheap labor, and a complete ignorance of civil rights by the legal system.

Small point of clarification here: if the Feds remove it the states will as well. As soon as California passes 64 (it will pass) the rest of the states will follow. The tipping point has been crossed with 25 states and DC having passed medical use. 4 states and DC (ironic) have passed recreational use laws; CA and NV will pass rec use in 3 months.

Gary Johnson (whom I'll be voting for) is exactly right. The FEDS should have zero enforcement on substances, and concentrate on the laws they are ignoring... like immigration enforcement and border security.

notmeofficer should be doing his job and catching bad guys, instead of making bad guys out of good people.

I do not..nor have I ever... condoned the use of any substance that negatively alters the human brain and the use possession or control of a firearm..no matter who that person is or in whatever their chosen career is..and that absolutely includes Leo. We have policy that prohibits such use..and random drug testing to back it up
So.. stop the drama filled posts that are false

Putting out false information such as the windfall for Colorado is more dope BUNK... There is huge fraud and cheating..most Colorado counties denied mj wholesale in their areas. The governor has said it was a mistake

Even liberal news sites agree

http://www.ibtimes.com/colorados-tax...ive-it-1812338
You might want to read the rockymountainhigh report for a better feel of reality

But little of the above has anything to do with 4473 and mm cardholders..do you have any response to the actual post?

I am hearing that there will be a database of 215 holders and afis..automated firearms.. and that referrals to the feds by the marijuana compliance bureau ( waiting to be formed and it will be huge) could be made... If you got a card..no gun.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:56 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Putting out false information such as the windfall for Colorado is more dope BUNK... There is huge fraud and cheating..most Colorado counties denied mj wholesale in their areas. The governor has said it was a mistake
I want everyone to note how the OP will make stuff up to suit his cause. The governor of Colorado by no means thinks legalization was a mistake.

Governor who called legalization 'reckless' now says Colorado's pot industry is working - LA Times

Quote:
Colorado is booming. The state has a 4.2% unemployment rate, one of the best in the country. High-tech companies are moving in. Small towns across the state, some once teetering on the brink of bankruptcy, have been saved by tax revenues from pot dispensaries. And the $1-billion-a-year cannabis business will pump $100 million in taxes into state coffers this year.

Andrew Freedman, director of marijuana coordination for Colorado, said the governor’s views reflect a growing sense of optimism about how the industry is regulated.

“In the short run, there have been a lot fewer public safety and health issues than the governor feared in the beginning,” said Freedman, who is often referred to as the state’s marijuana czar. “In the beginning, we had problems with edibles and hash oil fires but now, for the most part, Colorado looks a lot like it did before legalization.”

Marijuana consumption has not changed much from pre-legalization levels and there has been no significant increase in public health and safety problems, he said.
Quote:
You might want to read the rockymountainhigh report for a better feel of reality
So now that we have caught him in a bald face lie, it is much easier to understand why he loves the Rocky Mountain High report so much. It is a document written by law enforcement officials, intended for law enforcement officials. It is VERY slanted, just like the OP is.

I think it is also very telling that the OP attempts to dictate to us here in Colorado how things are, from 2 states away, and calls us out of touch if we disagree with him!

Keep it up sir! Your credibility wanes with each of your posts.

Last edited by Raddo; 09-01-2016 at 12:07 PM..

Old 09-01-2016, 12:09 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,439 times
Should we amend the constitution to legalize marijuana?

So should we legalize it at the Federal level? By amending the constitution?

Old 09-01-2016, 12:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
Should we amend the constitution to legalize marijuana?

So should we legalize it at the Federal level? By amending the constitution?
you do not need to amend the constitution to make marijuana legal in the US, since there is no constitutional prohibition on marijuana. all that needs to happen is congress making a law that make mj legal to possess, grow, and use.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:30 PM

25,574 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Aught oh... Looks like if you have a medical marijuana card you can't legally buy a gun...as such can't legally own one

Who here is violating our weapons laws?....

Not me

US Court Upholds Ban On Gun Sales To Medical Marijuana Card Holders . News | OPB
As long as marijuana remains on the Schedule I list of narcotics, which include opioids and LSD the courts really have no choice. Federal law is clear.

Remove marijuana from the Schedule I list and the "problem" goes away.
BTW, removal can be done by pen - surgeon general and attorney general agree and change the list.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:42 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I want everyone to note how the OP will make stuff up to suit his cause. The governor of Colorado by no means thinks legalization was a mistake.

Governor who called legalization 'reckless' now says Colorado's pot industry is working - LA Times

So now that we have caught him in a bald face lie, it is much easier to understand why he loves the Rocky Mountain High report so much. It is a document written by law enforcement officials, intended for law enforcement officials. It is VERY slanted, just like the OP is.

I think it is also very telling that the OP attempts to dictate to us here in Colorado how things are, from 2 states away, and calls us out of touch if we disagree with him!

Keep it up sir! Your credibility wanes with each of your posts.
Before you call people liars and violate tos you might want to be sure...

Governor: Legalizing pot was bad idea | TheHill

Now getting the thread back on point ..and I'm sorry if you find my responses to others so troubling for you..as the moderators always say..don't post if you don't have anything to add

4473... And MMj holders. .

Try to stay with me...

There is good reason not to allow people who use drugs not to have guns..diminished capacity being one component...

Feel free to add others

Old 09-01-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Remove marijuana from the Schedule I list and the "problem" goes away.
BTW, removal can be done by pen - surgeon general and attorney general agree and change the list.
Yes, and at that moment many, many congressmen and a number of others lose a LOT of under-the-table money, along with many other perks. That money is coming from the very deep pockets of Big Pharma, Big Tobacco, Big Alcohol, Big Prison Industries, etc, etc.

So it's easy to see why it is sooooooo stuck, but it will change.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Before you call people liars and violate tos you might want to be sure...

Governor: Legalizing pot was bad idea | TheHill
Please check the date of your article, vs. the date of the LA Times article.

Ok, I'll do it for you. Your article is dated Jan. 2015, the LA Times article is dated May, 2016.

In addition, the remarks your article quotes were made right after legalization, making them from 2013 or 2014. Get with the times!

Old 09-01-2016, 01:05 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
There is good reason not to allow people who use drugs not to have guns...
^ So you don't want to let people who use drugs choose to NOT have guns?

It's okay, we know what you meant, we all know you have 'diminished capacity' so you couldn't help the way you wrote that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies