Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 05:48 PM

22,457 posts, read 11,981,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The courts disagree with you. Too bad, so sad.

Meanwhile, all those people the Republicans tried so hard to disenfranchise are going to be out in force in November, letting the GOP know how they feel about that. I look forward to it.
I love how you deflect. You didn't even touch on the fact that you insulted groups of people.

So...anyway...without having to show voter ID, then what's to stop your next door neighbor from giving your name and address when she goes to vote? Then when you go later, you hear "Sorry, Jams, but you voted already"?

How is asking voters to show ID to vote "disenfranchising" anyone? In fact, by claiming that, you and your ilk are insulting minorities by saying that they are incapable of getting valid ID. And you all claim that it's only republicans that are bigoted and racist.

We have to show ID when we vote in our state and we have plenty of minorities in our precinct. Yet they all manage to show up to vote and bring along their ID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 05:53 PM

22,457 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Your sarcasm is duly noted But not every citizen has a drivers license nor a gun license..BUT when photo ID is required..The local State government must allow citizens to gain such demanded ID.. In the meantime..One has proof of living somewhere..with property taxes..or rental agreement, plus proof of paying utilities ..YET it appears..THAT's not good enough.. Then of course..women who got married..their name of course does NOT jibe with married name..and when Government does NOT merge this change..ALL of a sudden...These married women are somehow viewed as FRAUDULENT... It's the extremist who claim voter fraud..in order to deny taxpaying citizens their Right to Vote...Many State laws have been stayed or overturned for such blatant suppression of votes.

I read somewhere..Voter purges are going on claiming duplicate names..wether or not they are the same..just out of targeting of all those Hernandez..or Lopez's or type surnames are having names purged if similar names live in different States plus their first names and middle names differ. Purging is the from line to suppress voters and has been going on for many many decades...

I don't feel I have to prove it as with so many overturned laws ( By SCOTUS/State Supreme Courts) being passed by State Suppression tactics speaks volumes to what's going on..and I won't even go into the Gerrymandering of districts
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Do you have to show ID to vote in Canada?

Well...according to this:

Elections Canada Online | ID to Vote

You have to show it to vote in federal elections.

So what are you complaining about?

Old 08-31-2016, 05:57 PM

15,629 posts, read 10,383,806 times
I guess Canada and Mexico have smarter or richer or perhaps more educated citizens than America because voters must show voter ID to vote in both our neighboring countries.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:00 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,893 times
How is this not the court acting like a super-supreme legislator and executor? A perfectly sensible law inacted by the legislator repealed by an activist judge.

If you're too incompetent and irresponsible to have an id, then you should not be voting even if it's not fraud. I've always had to show an ID to vote in my state

Old 08-31-2016, 06:03 PM

57,232 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I guess Canada and Mexico have smarter or richer or perhaps more educated citizens than America because voters must show voter ID to vote in both our neighboring countries.
Neither Canada or Mexico has a history of attempting to exclude minority voters, if it works for them fine. The ID laws, restricting polling hours were all done for exactly one reason after 2008, not even debatable.

Last edited by Goodnight; 08-31-2016 at 06:18 PM..

Old 08-31-2016, 06:03 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^Another disgusting post from you.

Are you saying that those---as you put it --- "icky brown and black and liberal people" aren't capable of getting IDs?

Well, my Dad and his sister are one of those "brown" people you just insulted. They are elderly and both have proper ID in many forms. Neither of them felt oppressed when asked to show their IDs.
1. Lets not play coy. When he refers to icky brown people, it is an attempt of viewing them from the conservative eyes, as the individual he responded to has no problem with admitting that he does not like hearing the spanish language and thinks black and brown people are horrible drivers and would never want to live near your brown father and sister.

2. The belief that an individual can succeed in our society has nothing to do with factual data which clearly states that voter ID hurts people of color and the elderly compared to others.

If you want to argue that our democracy is safer when there is less possibility of tampering, then do so, but DONT pretend that those measures dont have outcomes that affect people .

Old 08-31-2016, 06:16 PM

57,232 posts, read 26,182,129 times
They aren't giving up easily

Quote:
Now, critics are accusing some of the boards, all of which are controlled by Republicans, of staging an end run around a court ruling they are supposed to carry out. Like the law that was struck down, say voting rights advocacy groups and some Democrats who are contesting the rewritten election plans, many election plans have been intentionally written to suppress the black vote.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/31/us...=politics&_r=0

Old 08-31-2016, 06:34 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,515,336 times
The US Supreme Court discredits themselves, yet again. We are no longer a nation of laws, but a nation of partisan, tribal loyalties and agendas.

As far as the US Constitution, someone should cut it up into squares and stack it next to the commode where it can at least be put to some practical good use, since we are clearly not doing that anymore.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:46 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,969,651 times
IMO, NC should immediately pass a law that a valid picture ID card can not be required for ANYTHING, ANYTIME!
If one can vote without proving who they are, one should be able to do or buy anything without proving who they are or how old they are!
Fair is fair, right?

By the way, here in Montana we have to show a picture ID when we sign in at the polling place. However, we won't be going to the polls on Nov. 8th. By then, our ballots will have been mailed to us, and we will have mailed them back to the elections office.

Last edited by Redraven; 08-31-2016 at 07:07 PM..

Old 08-31-2016, 06:50 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,863 times
This is terrible news. now there will be a record number of dead people voting blue from my state :|
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies