Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 03:49 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Previously peaceful my ass... Tonight a group of 10 of your so called peaceful protestors beat the crap out of one of the pipeline workers. And you won't see that on the news because it doesn't fit the narrative. The truth of your so called peaceful "victim's" of the pipeline are starting to come to light. And victim status is denied. It may get ugly, but their going to have no one to blame but themselves.
Maybe they did, maybe they didn't but it didn't happen just because you said it did but even if it didn't things are going to get violent. I understand that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Please educate me, I haven't been paying much attention to this issue - since the other 50 disastorous issues destroying the country have been keeping me busy.

BUT - if there is no pipeline, who do they propose to move the oil from point A to point B? Isn't a pipe safer than trucks or trains, and cheaper?

Good to see the Natl Guard, there hasn't been an indian massacre for decades. It's about time the govt shows them who's in charge. Do you think they will just shoot the squaws and papooses?
If the cheapest route was through the Arlington National Cemetery do you think we would consider it? If it was to run directly under your water supply would you vote for it?

Old 09-09-2016, 06:16 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Maybe they did, maybe they didn't but it didn't happen just because you said it did but even if it didn't things are going to get violent. I understand that.
Going to get? What a tool.... It's been violent for weeks now but seeing how you only know what you read in the papers I'm chalking your knowledge about the subject to a big fat zero. See... I know these workers. Personally. I've changed their kids diapers. We've shared thanksgiving dinners. The pipeline workers are a small community. It's a challenging, dangerous job and one which 90 percent of the people who try it quit because the can't take the pressure and the lifestyle. And you can protest all you want against oil and gas (that's not going to get you anywhere we all know that), you can boycott the gas companies, you can even file legal cause after legal cause taking these folks hard earned dollars with you and you won't hear them complain. They'll just "move on down the line." But...BUT...you start physically hurting this group and like a dog you have hit with a stick so many times they will bite back. The rumblings I'm hearing says they've just about had enough. I think the fight is just beginning. Up till this point it was between the gas company and the protesters. Now it's getting personal. So yes someone will get hurt...more likely killed. And then here will come those same protestors saying how they are the victim of violence. Hypocrites.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Going to get? What a tool.... It's been violent for weeks now but seeing how you only know what you read in the papers I'm chalking your knowledge about the subject to a big fat zero. See... I know these workers. Personally. I've changed their kids diapers. We've shared thanksgiving dinners. The pipeline workers are a small community. It's a challenging, dangerous job and one which 90 percent of the people who try it quit because the can't take the pressure and the lifestyle. And you can protest all you want against oil and gas (that's not going to get you anywhere we all know that), you can boycott the gas companies, you can even file legal cause after legal cause taking these folks hard earned dollars with you and you won't hear them complain. They'll just "move on down the line." But...BUT...you start physically hurting this group and like a dog you have hit with a stick so many times they will bite back. The rumblings I'm hearing says they've just about had enough. I think the fight is just beginning. Up till this point it was between the gas company and the protesters. Now it's getting personal. So yes someone will get hurt...more likely killed. And then here will come those same protestors saying how they are the victim of violence. Hypocrites.
That is all the protesters want them to do.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:18 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That is all the protesters want them to do.
And they would, when the protestors get the heck off the machinery and go back to standing on the side of the road holding their signs, so the workers can finish the job. Then the protesters can go back to collecting their checks and move on to their next "oh whoa is me cause." Sheeple......

Old 09-09-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
And they would, when the protestors get the heck off the machinery and go back to standing on the side of the road holding their signs, so the workers can finish the job. Then the protesters can go back to collecting their checks and move on to their next "oh whoa is me cause." Sheeple......
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_E...chemical_spill

It isn't going to happen.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:26 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,001,275 times
National guard called in to help secure the area and prevent any further violence on both sides. North Dakota has issued an arrest warrant for Green presidential candidate Jill Stein for spray painting on a bulldozer.

Arrest warrants filed for Green Party presidential, vice presidential candidates Jill Stein, Ajamu Baraka

Old 09-09-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsack View Post
National guard called in to help secure the area and prevent any further violence on both sides. North Dakota has issued an arrest warrant for Green presidential candidate Jill Stein for spray painting on a bulldozer.

Arrest warrants filed for Green Party presidential, vice presidential candidates Jill Stein, Ajamu Baraka
Interesting how someone like Hillary can commit crimes after crimes after crimes and never get arrested but Stein does something minor like this and the warrants go flying.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:38 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
A pipeline is about 100X more safe than a railroad to transport oil across country. It's out of sight and out of mind and very rarely do they leak, especially the modern day pipelines built with modern methods. Outside damage causes the vast majority of leaks and that can be minimized by public awareness campaigns and good pipeline markers. Also, crude oil is not that harmful to the environment if there is a leak. It can be cleaned up and if it's not refined it's almost like fertilizer. It readily breaks down in the soil.

What this is is outside activists encouraging these Indians to protest for money and attention.

This has always been my first thought when people protest pipelines on the grounds of safety. If you wish to protest for other reasons...have at it, but to protest it on the grounds of environmental or other safety issues, I don't quite understand the logic.

Moving anything by rail or truck would seem to be MUCH more dangerous to both environment and direct human safety, not to mention a much more inefficient way to move liquid product long distances across country.

If the core reason comes down to protesting our need and use of petroleum products, fine, but then protest that issue, and make sure you don't drive you gasoline consuming vehicle to the protest or wear any clothing fabric that is petroleum based and I'll believe what you preach.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
This has always been my first thought when people protest pipelines on the grounds of safety. If you wish to protest for other reasons...have at it, but to protest it on the grounds of environmental or other safety issues, I don't quite understand the logic.

Moving anything by rail or truck would seem to be MUCH more dangerous to both environment and direct human safety, not to mention a much more inefficient way to move liquid product long distances across country.

If the core reason comes down to protesting our need and use of petroleum products, fine, but then protest that issue, and make sure you don't drive you gasoline consuming vehicle to the protest or wear any clothing fabric that is petroleum based and I'll believe what you preach.
Less efficient? Yes. Safer? No. If a tanker truck crashes the damages are very limited. If a pipeline bursts the damage is pretty great especially around a water supply. There is nothing safer about running an pipeline directly underneath a major source of drinking water.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_E...chemical_spill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies