Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 06:48 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,726,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Profiling like this does to prove racism. "He's black and has dreads, pull him over". It's also unconstitutional.

I'm thinking no one made you their spokesperson.
I've never heard, nor read, of Black people being pulled over strictly based on dread locks. Can you verify this is happening on our streets?

You'd have to be entirely out of touch with the Black community to think they want less policing.

Talk in circles about your conspiracy theories all you like. I have facts on my side. The result of less policing in cities where BLM have demanded they back off is skyrocketing violent crime record murders etc. and it all happens virtually overnight once the criminals realize they can't be stopped by the cops until after the commit a crime.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:56 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think your bold is ignorant. You really need to know the myth and reality about PTSD.
22 veterans are taking their own lives everyday. I get a kick out of empty replies like yours. What exactly do I need to know that I do not?

Quote:
Also, you claimed there are former military servicemen with PTSD in law enforcement, and we dont' screen them. Do you have anything to back up that claim? The "we don't screen them" part. Prove it please
I already did. If we screened applicants Timothy Loehman would have never made the cut.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Word was that many "Black" community leaders DEMANDED stiffer sentences for crack cocaine since so damn many young Black dudes were offing each other 30 years ago. Even tho crack's probably no stronger per gram than powder.
Word is.......lol

Old 09-04-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I've never heard, nor read, of Black people being pulled over strictly based on dread locks. Can you verify this is happening on our streets?

You'd have to be entirely out of touch with the Black community to think they want less policing.

Talk in circles about your conspiracy theories all you like. I have facts on my side. The result of less policing in cities where BLM have demanded they back off is skyrocketing violent crime record murders etc. and it all happens virtually overnight once the criminals realize they can't be stopped by the cops until after the commit a crime.
That's the Constitution for you.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:13 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,723,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
good. i think we need civilian oversight boards in every city. i think we also need more extensive background checks in every city for law enforcement.
Assuming the board is made up of competent, impartial citizens who have the public interest in mind they might do some good. But who is running that board in Baltimore?

Old 09-04-2016, 07:14 PM

39,024 posts, read 27,423,093 times
Quote:
22 veterans are taking their own lives everyday. I get a kick out of empty replies like yours. What exactly do I need to know that I do not?

I already did. If we screened applicants Timothy Loehman would have never made the cut.
That doesn't answer any of my questions.

22 veterans take their own lives everyday doesn't change the fact that you don't know the myth and realities about PTSD. Maybe you should educate yourself a little bit.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Assuming the board is made up of competent, impartial citizens who have the public interest in mind they might do some good. But who is running that board in Baltimore?
What difference does it make when the police don't turn the required information over to them?

Old 09-04-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Quit ignoring the point.

Again minorities are arrested for drug offenses at much higher rates even though the use between whites and minorities are similar.
Are you saying that's not racist?
No it's absolutely not proof of racism. Absolutely not. It might be racism if only White cops arrested Black drug dealers & users. Since there's nothing to suggest that's the case or that Black cops arrest Black drug dealers at a lower rate, then no, it's not racism.

Furthermore, you're ignoring all the obvious variables involved in those numbers:

- If I smoke weed in my garage after my kids go to sleep & you smoke a weed at the playground in front of the kids, we're both committing drug offenses, but one of us is doing it in the privacy of his own home and one of us is doing it in public. Obviously one of us is going to be MUCH more likely to get arrested for the same violation. That's common sense.

- In my extremely diverse neighborhood, there's not a day that goes by that I don't see Black people (usually teens) walking in the middle of the street smoking a big stinky blunt, smoke billowing, cigar smell wafting down the block. The White people I know who smoke, hit the bong in their house a couple times and then go out. Again common sense tells you one is MUCH more likely to be caught than the other, but technically both are "drug users".

- Even the White people I know that do partake in public use a smokeless vaporizer or a smokeless one-hitter, so small it can be palmed if the cops round the corner. Obviously the guy walking down the street, smoke wafting from the blunt is more likely to be caught than a guy who hits a smokeless vaporizer or smokeless one-hitter the size of a cigarette. Common sense, not racism.

- Then there's the people smoking in their cars . Literally, every-single-day I smell weed at red lights. It's NEVER been a White guy. It's ALWAYS a Black guy, windows down, music blasting, smoking weed while driving and making sure to let everyone know they don't give a f*ck. It's actually an ongoing joke in my neighborhood. We see these guys and joke "Is he TRYING to get arrested?".

- The there's the drug dealing. A White guy who discretely sells weed to his friends from his home or work is not equivalent to a guy working a drug corner, in a known drug neighborhood. Simply not the same at all.

- The cops go into the known gang/drug neighborhood which happens to be 99% Black and they arrest the gang members and drug dealers on the corners. Then people like you accuse them of being racists for arresting Black people, even though everyone in the neighborhood is Black and not everyone got arrested.

- Back in the days we used to drive to the University of Chicago once a month to visit a High School friend. Due to our work schedules we'd arrive about 4am and have to drive through the South Side of Chicago to get to the U of C. We got pulled over virtually every single time because we were profiled. Two White guys and an Asian driving through that neighborhood at 4am scream "We're here to score drugs" to the cops. Never once did I scream racism, despite it being obvious we were being pulled over due to racial profiling. The cops, for the most part (because there is the odd racist or criminal on the force) know the neighborhoods the police and they know what to look for.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
That's the Constitution for you.
Can you use words to express what you actually mean? I asked you if you had any basis for your suggestion that people with dread locks are being profiled on that basis alone?

Old 09-04-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Can you use words to express what you actually mean? I asked you if you had any basis for your suggestion that people with dread locks are being profiled on that basis alone?
Philando Castile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies