Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 04:17 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times

Advertisements

With 90 Homicides, August Was Chicago’s Bloodiest Month In 20 Years « CBS Chicago

Quote:
Overall this year, there have been 467 homicides in Chicago, more than New York City and Los Angeles combined.
How about that folks? more proof that gun control laws DON'T WORK.

Wil Hillary, who was born in Chicago, or Obummer who used to live in Chicago address this? Or are they going to stand there drawing flies while Trump steps up and tries to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 04:20 AM

30,348 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Obama, Demoncrats, and BLM programs in Chicago are working great aren't they?

Kaepernick needs to donate $100M of the money he took from a country that represses him and give to the BLM gang in Chicago....bet they would make things even worse.

Old 09-02-2016, 04:34 AM

5,064 posts, read 2,273,592 times
Our lovely legislators still haven't come up with a plan that addresses the issues of illegal, black-market guns. They keep trying to put the onus on legal owners. The latest is a plan to serialize bullets. One of my friends says, "Whew. Good thing we only know how to scratch serial numbers off guns and don't have the technology to scratch copper and lead."

Seems this could have as much to do with hands-off policing as gun control anyway.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:37 AM

40,949 posts, read 49,150,612 times
You'd think the problem would almost take care of itself. Sad for the innocents.

Maybe they need to open more free firing ranges so people learn proper gun control. Kind of like free needles for drug addicts.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:42 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,692,053 times
The Party of Slavery, Segregation, Margaret Sanger and the KKK must be delighted to hear this. It's about time that their single-party hold on inner-city politics comes to fruition with the "final solution" for black people.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:47 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,002,120 times
There have been some studies indicating that exposure to lead can influence a person's behavior, including being prone to violence.

Studies link childhood lead exposure, violent crime - Chicago Tribune

The link is to a 2015 article, but I got thinking about this last night when CBS news ran a new story about the level of lead found in the soil of some of the poorer Chicago neighborhoods. Here is a link to the story from the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...he-next-flint/

Of course, Chicago is experiencing gang-warfare, hence the number of murders and shootings. But I guess it is possible that some of these Chicago gang members may well have been exposed to unhealthy levels of lead, which, if the studies be true, may be part of the reason we have so many violent people in the area.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:47 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,114,434 times
Wonder if there's an uptick in mortuary science students in Chitown. August was 3-killings a day.
Apparently city leaders only see this carnage as an annoyance.
Who's the mayor, anyway?

Old 09-02-2016, 06:51 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,114,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
There have been some studies indicating that exposure to lead can influence a person's behavior, including being prone to violence.

Studies link childhood lead exposure, violent crime - Chicago Tribune

The link is to a 2015 article, but I got thinking about this last night when CBS news ran a new story about the level of lead found in the soil of some of the poorer Chicago neighborhoods. Here is a link to the story from the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...he-next-flint/

Of course, Chicago is experiencing gang-warfare, hence the number of murders and shootings. But I guess it is possible that some of these Chicago gang members may well have been exposed to unhealthy levels of lead, which, if the studies be true, may be part of the reason we have so many violent people in the area.
Yeah, they're exposed to lead alright! Hollow point and round nose!

Old 09-02-2016, 06:51 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
Blood begets blood. I don't think any political party has a solution to this madness.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:06 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,665,313 times
To put this in perspective, Detroit had 107 homicides in all of 2015.

And this is by no means a "Detroit isn't so bad" post- because 107 homicides in a year is bad, but 90 in a month? Holy ....

The political question to be had from this, and don't get me wrong - I'm still forming my opinion on this myself - is this caused by single-party political corruption leading to a situation where underlying issues are not appropriately addressed in favor of serving personal interests, or is this something at a more basic level? Is this the effect of poverty and ineffective, but well intended, policy which has failed to help lift people out of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies