Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 02:29 PM

1,092 posts, read 832,822 times

Advertisements

And I hope she wins! Whether Mr. Trump wins or not, trashing her served no purpose. More manipulation by the media trying to spoon feed us what they think we should hear & see because THEY have already decided who should win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 02:45 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
I'm no Trump supporter, but this woman seems fairly nice. I feel sorry for her. Why have we reduced ourselves to attacking people over their health problems, their family members ( Michelle Obama can testify to that ) and things that have absolutely no bearing on the candidate and their positions?

Old 09-02-2016, 06:14 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
See, that's the problem here. When she's deposed for this suit, those questions will be asked, and she's going to have to give truthful answers. Her background is discoverable information, and if she lies to those direct questions, that's perjury.

It's going to be very interesting to see how this whole thing plays out. It might turn out that they would have been better off leaving this one alone.
When she is deposed for what suit?

Any idea what you are talking about?

Old 09-02-2016, 06:38 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post

The suit she filed.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:44 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:

Well, yes - as NLVgal points out, the suit she filed. You know, the subject of the thread?

Old 09-02-2016, 09:32 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Well, yes - as NLVgal points out, the suit she filed. You know, the subject of the thread?
I am not a lawyer, so let me get this straight. She is the injured party and files a law suit for slander. Why would she have to submit to a deposition and be required to answer any questions.

Trump and his lawyers would not have advised and allowed her to file the suit if they thought she might be deposed and her answers could open up a can of worms.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:05 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
I am not a lawyer, so let me get this straight. She is the injured party and files a law suit for slander. Why would she have to submit to a deposition and be required to answer any questions.

Trump and his lawyers would not have advised and allowed her to file the suit if they thought she might be deposed and her answers could open up a can of worms.
Oh, yeah, absolutely. The plaintiff is the first party deposed. And they tend to ask a lot of personal questions in a case like this. That's what I find really surprising about this; she's going to get grilled like a polish sausage. Almost every salient detail about her background is discoverable - university records, immigration records, employment history... maybe even tax returns. Plaintiff's counsel will move to seal the testimony, but I'm not sure they'll be able to show grounds. The plaintiff is typically held to a higher standard, because they're the ones who made the decision to sue in the first place. This could become very interesting...

Old 09-02-2016, 11:14 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Trump has smeared the wives and spouses of his opponents. Melania is a third trophy wife with a questionable immigration background that doesn't even rate high enough to be individually named on the Trump campaign NDA. Beyond that, how many times have Republicans and the right wing media sunk to new depths with Michelle Obama?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYY73RO_egw

**** Michelle Obama, the horse she rode in on and anyone that looks like her!

Old 09-02-2016, 11:15 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,092,524 times
A Trump suing somebody for a ridiculous amount of money...no way!

Old 09-03-2016, 06:15 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYY73RO_egw

**** Michelle Obama, the horse she rode in on and anyone that looks like her!

The above is type of ghetto attitude that Michelle Obama and anyone that looks like her has to deal with. Yet the First Lady always handles herself with class and grace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies