Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 07:58 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,576,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
You can oppose it.... at the ballot box. Opposing it by force of arms is treason.
LMAO, OK, in the situation we are discussing here (hypothetically..of course) the right to vote no longer exists. I did say 'dictatorial' somewhere in there I believe. In such a situation, force of arms would be required to restore our freedom. That is NOT treason. This is what our founding fathers gave us our Bill of Rights to prevent, and give We the People the means to resist. Not simply bow our heads and submit as you seem to think we should. Your apparent willingness to just blindly follow wherever the Federal government leads you is...disturbing. Calling those who would not follow blindly 'treasonous' is more disturbing still. Thankfully, our founding fathers did not think as you do. They bled and they resisted and they forged a nation. And you would just blithely disregard that sacrifice as irrelevent, meekly submitting to whatever Washington wants all the while loudly declaring your 'loyalty' to the United States of America. Interesting.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 08:02 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,169,069 times
Quote:
Yes even when the idiots in the South thought that they could oppose the decisions by force of arms. Whatever it takes the Union will prevail.

union?

heck, if secession happened again in these modern times, the north would have a very hard time just raising an army, let alone supplying it.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Yes even when the idiots in the South thought that they could oppose the decisions by force of arms. Whatever it takes the Union will prevail.
mmmmhmmm. Spoken like a true 'patriot'. Lol, whatever it takes aye? For whatever reason Washington deems fit as well I suppose? Whatever parts of the Constitution need to be 'temporarily' (of course) suspended to achieve the end result. Trust in the government to know what is best for us and follow without question. Anything else is 'treason'. Oh my..............

Old 04-15-2009, 09:03 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,169,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
mmmmhmmm. Spoken like a true 'patriot'. Lol, whatever it takes aye? For whatever reason Washington deems fit as well I suppose? Whatever parts of the Constitution need to be 'temporarily' (of course) suspended to achieve the end result. Trust in the government to know what is best for us and follow without question. Anything else is 'treason'. Oh my..............

if the Constitution was suspended, then war would have already broken out.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:06 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,755,915 times
Quote:
Whatever it takes the Union will prevail.
I tend to believe that, with, or without, a totalitarian DC regime.
What would america look like when all states cede from federale control? Maybe the cesspool of DC would stay in DC and affect the rest of us less detrimentally.

The more you talk, the more convinced people become that dem controlled congress is a very very bad idea while Obama is in office. Please DO go on.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:16 PM

8,085 posts, read 15,111,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
tell that to the politicians of washington dc, and our anti-gun president.
He's not anti-gun... he's just against us lowly citizens having guns!!

When a politician also takes guns away from the cops and the military and his own guard force, then I'll agree that he's anti-gun.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:43 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,162,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
He's not anti-gun... he's just against us lowly citizens having guns!!

When a politician also takes guns away from the cops and the military and his own guard force, then I'll agree that he's anti-gun.
Exactly!.. Kind of like Rosie O'Donnell... Fight the fight against guns, behind her well armed security team.

Actually I like Obama better than Rosie, hell, I'd like to sit down over a cold one with him. I hope the common sense part of him keeps the dems in check, as they seem to have the attitude now that they can just run in and do whatever they want.

This big push for reliance on government vs. being self reliant is aggravating, but again I never relied on government to solve my problems. (I did get a check from govt when I was in the service, but work is work.)

In Bozeman there was a HUGE turnout at the "Tea Party" protest. Way more than I think was expected. I wasn't there but there is an article in the paper about it. Nice to see people are still concerned about an individuals Constitutional rights.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:38 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,941,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Where one man sees a traitor another may see a patriot. My loyalty IS to the United States of America, not to the beauracracy in DC. And if the latter were to attempt to pervert the Constitution to suit their desire for more power, I would feel it my duty to oppose them, as a citizen of the United States of America. If opposing such a would be dictatorship required I serve under a coalition of states in rebellion against the repression of our Constitution and our freedoms, I would proudly do so. If that be treason, then the definition has changed since last I checked. Hypothetically speaking...of course.
And my loyalty stands with my neighbors,family and friends and if (big if) Montana were to go the route of secession then I'd stand by that as well...
Oh, before you say it Rlchurch I really don't care what your opinion is since you ain't here and therefore have no influence...

Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 PM

8,085 posts, read 15,111,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
Exactly!.. Kind of like Rosie O'Donnell... Fight the fight against guns, behind her well armed security team.
Yep... funny how them who most rail against armed citizens are also those who live in the most well-guarded fortresses, armed to the teeth.

Quote:
Actually I like Obama better than Rosie, hell, I'd like to sit down over a cold one with him. I hope the common sense part of him keeps the dems in check, as they seem to have the attitude now that they can just run in and do whatever they want.
Common sense? Not hardly... he ain't stupid by any means, but he's a politician through and through. It's all about how HE LOOKS, not about how it AFFECTS US.

Quote:
This big push for reliance on government vs. being self reliant is aggravating, but again I never relied on government to solve my problems. (I did get a check from govt when I was in the service, but work is work.)
You were doing honest work for your country. That's the dead opposite of forcing us all onto the dole so we have no choice but to be reliant and dependent on the government!

Quote:
In Bozeman there was a HUGE turnout at the "Tea Party" protest. Way more than I think was expected. I wasn't there but there is an article in the paper about it. Nice to see people are still concerned about an individuals Constitutional rights.
I went to the local Tea Party last night. About 500 people at the peak, all very orderly -- marching round and round our little downtown area, even politely crossing with the lights! Quite unlike liberal wacko demonstrations, which would have blocked traffic, broken windows, overturned cars, etc... but would have gotten a LOT more media attention.

I think it's important that our legislators realise that ordinary people are fed up, and we're not wackos, we're Middle America and We The People, and if they don't shape up we will ship them out of office. The more Regular People show up, the stronger that message becomes.

And the protest isn't so much against taxes, as against government waste of our hard-earned money:

From Fort Benton and Great Falls Tea Parties Protest Taxes

"Absolutely we'll pay our taxes. We just don't want our money wasted," said Joanne Witt of Ft. Benton. "We want to pay our fair share and we do. But a lot of massive spending doesn't make sense to us."
That's my aunt talking (John Witt, late of the State Assembly, is my uncle.)

Old 04-16-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And my loyalty stands with my neighbors,family and friends and if (big if) Montana were to go the route of secession then I'd stand by that as well...
Oh, before you say it Rlchurch I really don't care what your opinion is since you ain't here and therefore have no influence...
I think Mr. chuchy has retraeted (at least temporarily) to reexamine what the definition of "treason' is as it relates to this discussion. Blind loyalty to the federal government was certainly not the intent of the framers of our constitution, and thus his position of such has become untenable and hard to support. Especially when his primary argument is based on the constiitution. The founding fathers had no intent that a citizen bow unquestioningly to the will of of an all powerful cental authority. They went to great lengths to cast off such opression and write a document for us to follow , that ensured that we would not have to fall under such oppresion again and be naked in the face of the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies