Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 04:48 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,162,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
I just saw the thread. I've been concerned about this stuff for years! You talk like you want people to be racists. As far as you know I could be a minority myself.
Some people DO want everyone to be "racist" -- it gives them something to have a chip on their shoulder about. They aren't happy without it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 06:04 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Some people DO want everyone to be "racist" -- it gives them something to have a chip on their shoulder about. They aren't happy without it.
That reminds me of an old saying my grandmother used to always say - "You see others through your own eyes"

Usually the ones screaming the loudest about people being racist are the biggest racists of them all ! My grandmother was one of the wisest individuals I ever knew and probably ever will know...

Old 03-16-2009, 07:09 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Noahma-- I suggest you find some respect for yourself. Point your ignorance at me, you'll risk finding out the hard way if I'm armed or not. Leave adult conversations to adults if you can't follow along.
Is that all you are going to say? no attempt at a rebuttal of my statement? nothing but a "better than thou" post?

you posted a very contradictory statement and I called you on it. I am sorry if it well... caused some irritation.

you posted about inalienable rights when it comes to Gays, but then when it comes to people practicing their second amendment rights, you start talking of restrictions.

You also failed to respond to my question asking where within our governing documents does it ever say anything about the separation of church and state?

"Inalienable rights. The boundary issue is clearly on the side of gays getting harassed and unwanted interference. Hetero couples don't belong in any bedroom but their own, and neither does the church unless they've been invited. End of discussion. Nobody owns the patent on god, separation of church and state isn't optional. Especially when religious extremism wants to force it. They're willing to tear republican party to shreds (king solomon parable here) to get what they want. These are not true christians if only people would check the good book for themselves."

It doesn't matter what party or state you're in. You either support the constitution or not. The red rhetoric feeding the masses paranoia is the death throes of GOP held hostage by religous interference. We've got a better chance of minding that constitution with Obama as constitutional law professor than we ever did with Bush or McCain. Whatever anyone wants to call themselves, that's the difference between being American (abiding the constitution), or not (doing whatever you want).

2nd amendment rights has my support, until extremists, criminal element, or children are thinking they're entitled to military scale weaponry. 2nd amendment would be better protected if NRA were policing their own. If it were up to me they'd be writing the legislation themselves that would target criminals/ extremists to debunk any valid argument left. Montana pointing it's guns at percieved enemy liberals (who are your brothers in case you forgot) in word or deed isn't my idea of responsible gun ownership or the true spirit of right to bear arms.

Your very behavior is what moderates who otherwise would have supported you see. Paranoia used as a tool to create artificial affinity will have an unpleasant outcome that threatens everyones right to bear arms. Yes sir, this includes MY right to bear arms. Still want to believe you're talking to liberally liberal kumbaya? You're shooting yourselves in the foot and the so-called leadership putting crap in your ear trying to get your support at any price will mean the end of legitimacy because immaturity and lack of discernment is what's being displayed.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Its funny how we talk about gun rights, when it is in fact a individual right in the constitution not a government right. I'll support montana on this one for actually following the constitutional aspect of this and wish the federal government would follow the constitution for once. You know some in the army actually understand and follow the constitution they dont have to worry about votes.
You would think it is as easy as reading the darn document to understand what the founders wanted, but too many people "on both sides" attempt at interpreting the document in any way they can to get the results they want, Which is unfortunate.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:49 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
So true Rez.. It's sad that sometimes that people will judge so easily just because they suspect someone might think differently then they do. This country has way too many chiefs and not near enough indians.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:55 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
You would think it is as easy as reading the darn document to understand what the founders wanted, but too many people "on both sides" attempt at interpreting the document in any way they can to get the results they want, Which is unfortunate.
It seems to have become increasingly easy for a lot of people to completely discount the Constitution and the intent of the Framers in ratifying it. Our Constitution was written and adopted as a guide for future generations to follow so this nation might ENDURE. It should serve as a reminder of what happens when government is given to much power, and it was adopted to keep that from happening. The Bill of Rights was written to ensure that the PEOPLE retained the final authority, not the government. Lest we forget, our foefathers shed their blood to see this concept to fruition. And so many folks these days are willing to throw that all away in the name of blue and red, liberal and conservitive . It is really sad. Our founding fathers gave us our rights, in the intent that we would exercise those rights to the good of the nation (just read the Preamble for Petes sake!) and the original Bill of Rights was written and given us to ensure the PEOPLE had the means to see the liberty that was so hard won was never lost. And now, we have citizens of this country that would just hand it all over to the hands of the Federal government to do with as they see fit. It is a travesty............

Old 03-16-2009, 08:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
LOL only on Internet chat boards where everybody gets to be a war hero. What we have is a bunch of Internet tough guys acting like they have influence. They don't.
So let me ask you since you're all knowing, exactly how many states have signed resolutions on the dotted line to secede if the second amendment is messed with?

Old 03-16-2009, 08:02 PM

96 posts, read 104,324 times
Default NVp

Well said and right on! Thank you!!

Old 03-16-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
It seems to have become increasingly easy for a lot of people to completely discount the Constitution and the intent of the Framers in ratifying it. Our Constitution was written and adopted as a guide for future generations to follow so this nation might ENDURE. It should serve as a reminder of what happens when government is given to much power, and it was adopted to keep that from happening. The Bill of Rights was written to ensure that the PEOPLE retained the final authority, not the government. Lest we forget, our foefathers shed their blood to see this concept to fruition. And so many folks these days are willing to throw that all away in the name of blue and red, liberal and conservitive . It is really sad. Our founding fathers gave us our rights, in the intent that we would exercise those rights to the good of the nation (just read the Preamble for Petes sake!) and the original Bill of Rights was written and given us to ensure the PEOPLE had the means to see the liberty that was so hard won was never lost. And now, we have citizens of this country that would just hand it all over to the hands of the Federal government to do with as they see fit. It is a travesty............
Great post, the only thing I would change is the

"Our founding fathers gave us our rights,"

and change it to

the founding father recognized that ALL people were given inalienable rights by our creator

Old 03-16-2009, 11:16 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
ALL people were given inalienable rights
Even gays.

Constitution isn't fully realized if it doesn't apply to all. If gays want to have a life AS THEIR MAKER CREATED THEM, it's not my place (or anyone else's) to tell them how to live. Further, insist you should have god-like authority over gays, you should concomitantly take direct responsibilty for their lives by chaining yourselves together in perpetuity. I'm thinking you won't like that responsibility part.

Inherently flawed logic to ask any american ciitzen to vote if another american citizen MAY have american citizen rights. Those rights are theirs by virtue of being a citizen. This is a...
1. religous thing- Church doesn't want them there, Clergy are forbidden to perform services, understood. Religious are overstepping boundaries outside the church. Justice of the peace isn't their jurisdiction. There is no patent on marriage to insist proprietary rights. Marriage predates recorded time, word and ceremony. Enjoy your marriage, God bless, yours has nothing to do with theirs. Never did, never will. Be grateful for what is yours, and mind your porch.

2. homophobia thing- Tyranny of the majority isn't something founders embraced, but sought to protect against. "Leave them alone" means it is you who are overstepping boudaries via homophobia and imposing your observed religious law on others outside your faith.

That works for the taliban but not here. Would you force universal religious laws, we'd have to ban pork because that's what jews observe, cows because thats what hindus observe, and all meat because vegans believe it ought to be. Please do continue to observe your religious law in your own life with your own religious community. True christians deeply embrace personal responsibility. Compulsively peeking in others bedrooms makes you a _______?

Back to OP.

You didn't actually see me say a thing about me imposing gun restrictions. You only thought you did because you were gay hot headed leaping gay to wild gay conclusions. Go ahead, find the mirage.

I understand.
GUys always got whacked by the bikini chick with the sawed off shotgun running down her thigh in judgementals. Discernment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies