Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever heard of kratom before this thread?
yes 24 55.81%
no 19 44.19%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 06:54 AM

742 posts, read 678,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Who is going to investigate all the crime that goes along with drugs..legal and illegal...and all the doctors that prescribe them ..

You?

What do you do..make them all legal? Including Krak

Have a revolution?

Have any real answer?
Dumping the corruption within the DEA would be a start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 07:53 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The government knows better than you. With all the problems in this country, it's good to know that we have them to protect us from ourselves.

Jesse Ventura peeps game as Feds declare war on another herbal solution - Rolling Out

Feds Declare War On Herb Touted As A Solution To Opioid Addiction

The DEA (drug enforcement agency) is set to place Kratom as schedule 1 substance. This means it has no medicinal value. Many, possibly most Americans have never heard of kratom before. Which is why the DEA is nipping this one in the bud before more Americans learn what kratom is. It's not just a recreational drug. It's a substance that people use for all sorts of things. Most intriguing though, are claims about its use for chronic pain and opiate addiction. People claim they are using this product to get off opiates like heroin and Vicodin. Wouldn't want competition against big pharma and black market pushers, now would we?!

Completely baffling as to why the DEA is looking to make a small number of Americans into criminals. Smoking kills. Alcohol kills. Both are perfectly legal. Has kratom killed anyone, anywhere?

They need to disband the DEA already. They look like a pathetic bunch of nobodies trying to justify their own usefulness. Unfortunately, they ruin other people's lives in the process, and cost the taxpayers of this country an absolute fortune. Our government is full of crooks, criminals and thieves. They need to clean their own house first before they start targeting more Americans minding their own business, in their own homes...

Do you think banning a drug that most Americans don't want to use is a good use of government resources and tax payer dollars? I think the DEA has long outlived their own usefulness, if they ever had any usefulness at all. The "war on drugs" has been a failure, and is an embarrassment to this nation.
"Won't somebody disband the Drug Enforecement Agency already..."

Do you overreact like this on every issue?

Old 09-12-2016, 08:14 AM

863 posts, read 1,196,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeking View Post
The DEA likely then has it's hands in with the alphabet orgs that support heroin overtaking many places and some where marijuana has died off as a staple drug sale due to legalization. Would they want kratom out of the way, of course if it is taking revenue away from them. It is heartbreaking that many people trying for a cure to their addiction may return it it without help of kratom. Follow the money.
Kratom helps opiate addicts kick their habit but even more, it has provided relief to chronic pain sufferers where opiates have practically destroyed their lives. There are thousands of stories out there testifying to how Kratom has given people back their lives, enabling them to once again become productive members of society.

It is not a recreational drug. It's self limiting, too much will just make you nauseous and possibly cause vomiting........an experience that most new users are not eager to repeat. What needs to happen is medical research. Calling it a "drug" of no medicinal value and placing it under schedule I would effectively curtail any efforts in that direction.

Follow the money indeed. Who benefits from making a herb illegal that's had 90% less calls to poison control than washer detergent pods and has never caused a death? My guess would be pharmaceutical companies that stand to lose a lot of customers as word of this herb becomes more widespread.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:47 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Have any real answer?
Why the government needs to sell drugs

Old 09-12-2016, 08:53 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
It is not a recreational drug.
Exactly right.
Quote:
It's self limiting, too much will just make you nauseous and possibly cause vomiting...
Exactly right. Education, information, informed and calculated usage are all keys. That's true of virtually all substances and all activities as well.
Quote:
What needs to happen is medical research. Calling it a "drug" of no medicinal value and placing it under schedule I would effectively curtail any efforts in that direction.
Agreed. It's such an idiotic, anti-intellectual stance to just blanket ban things. It's the kind of 'herding the mass of dumb sheep' authority that has to stop.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:58 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Who is going to investigate all the crime that goes along with drugs..legal and illegal...and all the doctors that prescribe them ..

You?

What do you do..make them all legal? Including Krak

Have a revolution?

Have any real answer?
It's abundantly clear that you have no idea what you are talking about, especially with "krak".

Old 09-12-2016, 05:59 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Kratom helps opiate addicts kick their habit but even more, it has provided relief to chronic pain sufferers where opiates have practically destroyed their lives. There are thousands of stories out there testifying to how Kratom has given people back their lives, enabling them to once again become productive members of society.

It is not a recreational drug. It's self limiting, too much will just make you nauseous and possibly cause vomiting........an experience that most new users are not eager to repeat. What needs to happen is medical research. Calling it a "drug" of no medicinal value and placing it under schedule I would effectively curtail any efforts in that direction.

Follow the money indeed. Who benefits from making a herb illegal that's had 90% less calls to poison control than washer detergent pods and has never caused a death? My guess would be pharmaceutical companies that stand to lose a lot of customers as word of this herb becomes more widespread.
Spot on

Old 09-13-2016, 03:18 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The DEA is a law enforcement agency. The DEA does not create laws, rather the DEA enforces laws made by our government.

Republicans desire strong drug laws like opposing federal studies regarding Medical marijuana, or stopping laws to allow doctors to discuss medical marijuana treatment at Veterans Affairs clinics, ex.ex.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...593_story.html

Democrats on the other hand desire medical marijuana, marijuana decriminalization, crack and heroin possession crimes to be treated as medical problems (not jail-able offenses), ex.ex.

You can't blame the DEA for any drug law, the DEA only enforces the laws created by our government.

From what I have read, this latest DEA action was taken by the DEA - I didn't read anything suggesting a new law had been enacted by Congress.

Old 09-13-2016, 03:29 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
The first I heard of kratom was about a year ago, when a thread on this site led me to another site. The other site is a sort of lifehack site, and in browsing that site, I stumbled upon an article about kratom.

The article mentioned some of the uses and offered suggestions and cautions for those who might try using it.

I've never tried it, but given a looming deadline, I might try it while it's still available. Given my track record on meeting deadlines, I'd call it a tossup.

Old 09-13-2016, 03:34 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
I am for disbanding the DEA for 1 reason. We have far too many redundant Federal police agencies. DEA, ATF, SS, US Marshals,FBI, NSA, TSA, Homeland Security,EPA, IRS,etc. I think a few of those can be merged and save the nation billions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies