Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 11:36 AM

42,758 posts, read 26,029,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Yes, that is the modus operandi of the Left, Trump apparently did it too but it's not something the Right does with regularity.
That's your response, really? "well yeah the right does it too but not as often as the left"

Old 09-09-2016, 05:14 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,131,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Wasn't Rob Lowe supposed to be the one being roasted? The attacks on Anne Coulter were not only in bad taste, they were the definition of group bullying.
Typical liberals. Two-faced hypocrites.

Old 09-09-2016, 05:18 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,131,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Notwithstanding the fact that you're apparently deaf to the ugly and crude things the left say about people on the right, the difference is, Coulter can take it.

Rest assured, she's not asking for your sympathy. But thanks, anyway, for the laugh.
She is a VERY smart lady. She knew very well what was going to happen. Roll with the punches, Anne has very thick skin. And what a great opportunity to promote her new book. Worth a hour of pathetic insults.

Old 09-09-2016, 05:34 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,692,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
I think she did alright. Her jokes weren't bad, but she could definitely use work on her delivery and of course the crowd wasn't really rooting for her to do well anyways. And also although she got roasted bad, I think it probably didn't bother her much. I mean how long has she been doing her thing and have faced boatloads of criticism and insults over the years? This is no different other than the fact that its much more concentrated and is more blunt and direct. So props to her for going there and taking it and plugging her book in the process.

And also the highlight of the night for me was Jewel. Not only did she look ABSOLUTELY STUNNING, but her jokes were damn funny and the song she sang for Lowe was great! Was really suprised by her performance!! And Manning way pretty darn good too.
"Stunning"...wow.

Wow if you consider her attractive.

Old 09-09-2016, 05:39 PM

15,589 posts, read 10,320,893 times
I can't believe those liberal jerks called Ann Coulter the C word 19 times at the Rob Lowe roast. Progressives are the biggest douchebag hypocrites.

Old 09-09-2016, 05:58 PM

15,832 posts, read 21,351,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
Typical liberals. Two-faced hypocrites.
Have you never seen a roast?

Comments like these make it abundantly clear when people are commenting on something they have no idea about.

I will say it again: at a roast, the roasters first insult all the other roasters. Then they insult the honoree of the night. Then, the honoree gets up and insults them all. THAT IS HOW IT WORKS.

It would, in fact, be hypocritical to leave out Ann Coulter from the insult slinging. She signed up for it.

Old 09-10-2016, 01:00 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,453,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
She is a VERY smart lady. She knew very well what was going to happen. Roll with the punches, Anne has very thick skin. And what a great opportunity to promote her new book. Worth a hour of pathetic insults.
Yea, it was worth it.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:42 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,783,034 times
I didn't feel sorry for her at all. If I felt sorry for someone, it was Pete Davidson, but he takes it all the time, so...

For those complaining, watch an actual roast one day. EVERYONE gets picked on, and EVERYONE is brutal. The jokes and comments towards Ann Coulter were no different.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:37 PM

51,964 posts, read 52,413,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
I thought they took it easy on her. It could have been far worse.
LOL, Ok... if you say so, again I'm no fan of hers but some of the stuff they said was just mean and not funny at all. Some comment along the lines of "everyone hates you and you're a vile person, but it's not to late to change, you can go kill yourself."

I butchered it, but that was the gist, wasn't any humor in it, just nastiness, but again, I'm not over here pearl cluthin as I couldn't give a rip either way, but to say she wasn't brutalized doesn't seem accurate to me.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:44 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,278,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Yes, that is the modus operandi of the Left, Trump apparently did it too but it's not something the Right does with regularity.
Though they should to expose the consequences of liberalism.

Yet liberals refuse to see it. Just look at the post you replied to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies