Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 07:16 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
I think some of these unaware (white) Republican think by some means that Black people need white approval before they vote, its purely amazing the insanity of their continual post, one after the next with the same motives, it actually a crazy situation how these people can't get off their delusions of thinking themselves superior to something. Superior to what I don't know, but it certainly is not Superior to any other human being.

We can see now vividly why the Civil War lasted and took so many lives, die hard's simply have a hard time getting the message, even in all the decades since the Civil War, they are still waging battles. It's pure insanity.
A big mistake that I made in voting was looking for someone's approval. I remember the day I voted for the very first time. 2004, and it was for Bush II. I remember a neighbor asking me who I voted for. I mentioned Bush. Response from my neighbor was "good boy".

Looking back, that was pretty much condescending. Considering that I was an adult, and that it's my choice, that shouldn't have been said. I feel like said person wasn't looking out for my best interest. Just that "good boy" comment tells me that. To me, the comment suggests that I needed guiding in who to vote for. It suggests that said person wanted me to vote for that candidate for their own interests, and not mine.

In short, it was "vote for this person because I want that person to win. Who cares about your interests?"

I should vote for the candidate of my choosing. If a candidate wants my vote, these are my suggestions.
1) Come and talk to me
2) Listen to what I have to say
3) Don't talk down to me
4) View me as a voter and a responsible citizen, not a lap dog or some incapable person. There are people, both Democrat and Republican who view Blacks as incapable.
5) As a person of public office, you are serving the people, not yourself.

And the Civil War definitely proves there were people willing to stick with slavery to the bitter end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 07:47 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
And now the GOP candidate wants stop and frisk nationwide.
Quote:
Donald J. Trump on Wednesday called for the broad use of the contentious stop-and-frisk policing strategy in America’s cities, embracing an aggressive tactic whose legality has been challenged and whose enforcement has been abandoned in New York.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/22/us...ters.html?_r=0

Old 09-22-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And now the GOP candidate wants stop and frisk nationwide.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/22/us...ters.html?_r=0
I do not want to be subjected to stop and frisk. I won't vote for Trump.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:58 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I do not want to be subjected to stop and frisk. I won't vote for Trump.
My neither, but I am also smart enough not to vote for Hillary.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
My neither, but I am also smart enough not to vote for Hillary.
What makes you think I would vote for Hilary?

Old 09-22-2016, 10:22 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
I think people need to understand that a political party isn't going to solve your problems. There is no best party for black people or white people. Every party will pretty much do what it takes to put itself in power, and will only just use the votes of people as a means to do that. If black people have issues, it's not because of the party in power. The issue is when you depend on politics to solve your problem, and not yourself. Both parties have the same rhetoric. Democrats tell blacks that they can't do it on their own, and they need a little help from those in power.

But the GOP does the same exact thing, saying that black people would be better at life if they made the move to the GOP. As if anyone in the government can actually solve black people's problems. They can't.

The government exist to do is to get in your way of solving your own problems. And they exist to get in your way because god forbid you actually take on the mindset that you can solve your own problems. The minute people start solving their own problems, and understand that government really is useless, it kills the bottomline of both major parties. They want you to feel as if you need them in some way.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:28 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
If you have common sense you'll know he doesn't mean literally in the entire history of mankind. If you are the type to look way back then you should know Republicans freed slaves.

94% of Republicans supported it vs 0% of Democrats
If you had any common sense you'd know that the Republicans of the 1860s are not the same party as the Republicans of today. Stop it already.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
If you had any common sense you'd know that the Republicans of the 1860s are not the same party as the Republicans of today. Stop it already.
Alot of people will keep trying to peddle that crap. If the best thing anyone can come up with is from the 1860s, then it shows there isn't much that is good.

I will agree that the Democratic Party has its racist past. So does the Republican Party. Some Republican Presidents from the early 20th century turned their backs on Blacks in order to gain favor with racists in the Southern USA. Herbert Hoover, William H. Taft being among them. Look up the Lily White Movement.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:04 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
The republican party didn't care about black people in the 1860s. Lincoln hated black people, he was just against slavery. I don't thank republicans for ending slavery, I thank the industrial revolution. There was no way you could continue to save money via slavery anymore, and slavery couldn't keep up with the production that way needed to compete in industrial revolution.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:21 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
The republican party didn't care about black people in the 1860s. Lincoln hated black people, he was just against slavery. I don't thank republicans for ending slavery, I thank the industrial revolution. There was no way you could continue to save money via slavery anymore, and slavery couldn't keep up with the production that way needed to compete in industrial revolution.
"B-b-b-but...the republicans freed the slaves!!! Democrats don't care about blacks!"

The ones who keep preaching that excuse in these threads are still going to keep preaching that excuse. It's redundant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies