Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 01:32 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,524,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
I don't know what Democrats if at all control in the South. To be fair, Martin Luther King Jr was likely a Republican like his father and most black people were, until he the Kennedy's got him (MLK Jr) out of jail. Then he and other Black-Americans sided with the Democrats. MLK's father stated publicly that he was switching to the Democrats and bringing lots of Black-American with him to the Democratic Party.

What has the Democrats or Black Church in Chicago done to make black Chicago the safest parts of the Western World? Democrats run Chicago. The Black Church is right their with them supporting their reign.
I dont know why you keep mentioning the black church as if im defending it. I do not in anyway support the black church. That should have been clear from my post.

As for Chicago in general it has its problems, part of which is proximity to a state with less strict gun laws which allows for a free flow of weapons into the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 03:39 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Honestly, the vast majority of Black-Americans are in part (not in whole) motivated to vote for Democrats because the Democrats entice the poor with cash-transfer programs called "welfare."

I'm ethnically Black-American and I hear it all the time from black people that we must vote for Democrats because the Republicans are not going to "give us anything" in terms of entitlement programs.

Another motivating factor--as it is with nearly all humans--is people subscribe to the political party their parents subscribe too. Has nothing to do with "free thought." Each political part is de facto a religion and Democrats promote a collection of religious values (e.g., they arbitrarily oppose 3 gay men being wed to each other).

The religious right is against 3 men being we'd to each other just as Democrats are. The Democrats simply established a man made religion that 2 men marrying each other is good. They oppose polygamy. The Democrats as atheists are in fact religious fanatics. And under the Democrats the earth will burn during their global military wars of the Sodomite Crusades.

The Catholic and Orthodox Churches are not part of the religious right (that is a Protestant thing) and lobby the government to support organized labor. The Catholic Church of the United States lobbies for gun control. Now, are unions and gun control a "Republican thing"? No, but that does not stop Democrats from advancing into laws the religious agenda of the Catholic Bishops council of the United States which tells Catholocs they must vote for pro-Union policies, gun control, and preferential options (welfare) for the poor.

Public schools--as in Democratic run Chicago which closed plenty--are financed through local property taxes.

Milwaukee is owned whole by Democrats and they--the Democratic run city--closed plenty of public schools. Many have been merged under one building.

It makes sense, it first started happening with Catholic schools, they kept closing. They no longer had the financing to keep running them (Catholic schools are financed locally, privately, they are not financed by the Vatican as some non-Catholics think) due to the demographic changes in which fewer whites of middle class jobs were sending their kids to them. Instead more and more impoverished Latino families and black families were sending their kids to these schools. Enrollment dropped too because many of the working poor could not afford them. This was also in relation to the industrial decline of the United States.

It first started with the Catholic Schools and then it finally hit the public schools (enrollments also down, in part to fewer kids).

The blatant racism in the Republican Party turns a lot of black people off too. But the United States has a long history of racial divide.

While the United States did better and wiser than Latin America in embracing the Industrial Revolution, the United States did worse by promoting biological determinism through Jim Crow era racial segregation. This turned Black-Americans into a bonafide ethnic group and has marked a strong racial tension between whites and blacks. It was white Americans fault--not blacks--for institutionalizing Jim Crow. Yet, white Americans today want to act like its black people's faults and out of the blue black people have put the prefix "African" before American. Rather than just calling themselves American.

White Americans long played the race card in politics. Be it the so-called "WASP's" or the Irish-Americans who developed ethnic voter gangs to gain political control over certain cities. Black people did not invent the race card game. They have adapted to its card use in American socio-political life.

The two part system in my mind really keeps a lot of this stuff going. Both parties like to paint things in black and white issues be it sex, drugs, or race.
Rep rep rep excellent post

Old 09-09-2016, 06:26 AM

88,963 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayleah View Post
I (and my friends and family) am making and informed vote that has nothing to do with needing Democrats or handouts to exist. I do not believe the religious right's agenda should dictate laws
The religious right? You're aware that it was the always left-voting Blacks in California who had the highest percentage voting to BAN gay marriage in California (70%, Prop 8), no? Why? Their religion.

Come on, you all... get a CLUE!

Old 09-09-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're a wage earner at a job. Gimme a break.
Nope.

Volunteering at a fundraiser concert weekend starting today because I know some of the members of the 9 bands scheduled to perform. Volunteer = no wages, therefore no taxes.

I can spend my time volunteering to do what I love to do, anyway, because I dont need any more $. Shuttered my business, retired early, and laid off all my employees. I'm no longer a tax slave. Starve the beast!

Old 09-09-2016, 06:42 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times
Quote:
LOVE these black americans. I will stand by their side any day of the week and twice on sunday
Well....some of those posters refereed to themselves as African Americans......why are you not standing by their side semantically instead of calling them "black" americans? Also, given that the Right are champions of personal responsibility and hence accomplish everything on their own without needing or wanting the help of others (because they choose to be responsible for their situation), is not your claim of standing by their side superfluous....given that they don't need it or want it? I mean.....maybe other people could make it too if you were actually willing to stand by their side and help, instead of looking down at them.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:47 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The religious right? You're aware that it was the always left-voting Blacks in California who had the highest percentage voting to BAN gay marriage in California (70%, Prop 8), no? Why? Their religion.

Come on, you all... get a CLUE!
if they voted based on religion, does that not make them the religious right . You are in fact talking about a one issue campaign.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:41 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
The main give away was the dialect he uses in his posts. For example, if you go back in my posting history I identify where he used the word "aye" at the end of one of his sentences. This indicates he is from the British Isles or perhaps, Australia. Maybe he was even born elsewhere, but taught to speak English with a British dialect.

Regardless, he's not American, and he's certainly not black. Also, he's an atheist. What is the statistical probability that he's a black American that uses the word "aye," and happens to not believe in God?

Let's be realistic. This guy is a fraud, so if you follow his posts, know that he is fundamentally ingenuous. He is another example of the blind leading the blind, as he spews his hatred and his division.

If I had to go out on a limb, given his posting frequency, it would not surprise me if he was paid employee of some organization intent on spreading disinformation, distrust, and discontent.

Bottom line, the person is not who they say they are.
..lol. I'm sure he appreciates the attention you give him.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:05 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogburn View Post
honestly, the vast majority of black-americans are in part (not in whole) motivated to vote for democrats because the democrats entice the poor with cash-transfer programs called "welfare."

.... I hear it all the time from black people that we must vote for democrats because the republicans are not going to "give us anything" in terms of entitlement programs.

bs.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:20 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....some of those posters refereed to themselves as African Americans......why are you not standing by their side semantically instead of calling them "black" americans? Also, given that the Right are champions of personal responsibility and hence accomplish everything on their own without needing or wanting the help of others (because they choose to be responsible for their situation), is not your claim of standing by their side superfluous....given that they don't need it or want it? I mean.....maybe other people could make it too if you were actually willing to stand by their side and help, instead of looking down at them.
But they're not African. They are American. I'm not a European american

Old 09-12-2016, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
if they voted based on religion, does that not make them the religious right .
No, it doesn't. They overwhelmingly vote for Dems, which is the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies