Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 09:37 PM

1,202 posts, read 638,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
One nation, one flag. Put that rag next to your shotgun in the pickup truck.
I don't care for the amurican rag....didn't serve in its military,don't want its military occupying my land and don't care for its politicians or anything else to do with it. Give me a chance and I will burn that occupiers flag. I fly my stars and bars with pride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm the crybaby, but you wanna fly the proud loser flag.

Lol...southerners.
It would take a southern to actually understand....the fact that you don't understand is all I need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
^^^And you wonder why they look at the GOP as nothing more than a bunch of homophobic fundamentalist hillbillies.^^^
Not a clue. I am not a republican or a christian or a hillybilly. Next ignorant comment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 09:44 PM

1,202 posts, read 638,325 times
I would say amurican education has done a hell of a job. Has relieved its self of ALL responsibility of the slave trade and pinned it entirely on the CSA....Despite the fact not a single slave ship EVER flew the flag of the confederacy. Thank goodness some of us never bought into the guilt trip and learned the TRUE history of our country,people and culture and know that in due time the world will know the truth. The enemy has written our nations history and is still trying to commit cultural genocide of our history and it will NEVER work.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,972,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Does the GOP realize this is an emergency, doesn't look like they care.
Ebola was an emergency last year also. This entire thing is a complete joke. Just like last year when I said ebola will be gone from the news in a short time, the same thing will happen to Zika.

We should throw them all out for even having this discussion.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
^^^And you wonder why they look at the GOP as nothing more than a bunch of homophobic fundamentalist hillbillies.^^^
What happened to ebola? This is just the "emergency of the month club" in action.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:23 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,226,427 times
Quote:
Does the GOP realize this is an emergency, doesn't look like they care.
Really? How so? Looks like it's the Democrats that don't care to me.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:02 AM

56,965 posts, read 25,922,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Ebola was an emergency last year also. This entire thing is a complete joke. Just like last year when I said ebola will be gone from the news in a short time, the same thing will happen to Zika.

We should throw them all out for even having this discussion.
This has already spread to the population Ebola did not, look at the CDC numbers, look at Puerto Rico and South Florida.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:04 AM

56,965 posts, read 25,922,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Really? How so? Looks like it's the Democrats that don't care to me.
PP is a clinic just like the others that can assist, why are they excluded, why is the confederate flag part of this bill.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:07 AM

Quote:
This has already spread to the population Ebola did not, look at the CDC numbers, look at Puerto Rico and South Florida.
I gave ebola a couple months to disappear last year. Seems as I was generous as it was a couple weeks at most. Zika was supposed to be the big concern for Olympic athletes. Turns out the biggest concern was over green hair. A month tops and the story is gone.

This is all about getting money for political pay offs.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:14 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,887,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
I don't care for the amurican rag....didn't serve in its military,don't want its military occupying my land and don't care for its politicians or anything else to do with it. Give me a chance and I will burn that occupiers flag. I fly my stars and bars with pride!
What's stopping you from burning the American flag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
It would take a southern to actually understand....the fact that you don't understand is all I need to know.
Like General Robert E. Lee?

"Dixiecrats resurrected the "Southern Cross" flag as a political symbol around the time President Harry Truman supported efforts to end lynchings and desegregate the military in 1948. During that same period, the Ku Klux Klan began using the flag more widely."

The first national flag of the Confederate States of America was created in 1861 and had seven stars to represent the breakaway states of South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Texas.

The unending controversy would not have surprised Lee himself. It is why he opposed building Confederate memorials in the first place.

In April 1865, after four years of civil war, Lee surrendered the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia and soon afterward accepted the presidency of Washington College in Lexington, Virginia. Letters seeking support for memorial projects received reluctant responses from the general-turned-educator, according to documents at the University of Virginia and the Library of Congress. Lee worried that building memorials so soon after the war would anger the victorious Federals.

"As regards the erection of such a monument as is contemplated, my conviction is, that however grateful it would be to the feelings of the South, the attempt in the present condition of the country would have the effect of retarding, instead of accelerating its accomplishment, and of continuing, if not adding to, the difficulties under which the Southern people labour," he wrote.

...In June 1866, Lee criticized a plan to build a monument to Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, whose fatal wounding at Chancellorsville three years prior had deprived the Army of Northern Virginia of its best corps commander. How could Lee ask war-ravaged families to contribute money for memorials when they lacked funds for food? "I do not think it feasible at this time," he wrote.

As to when the right time would come, later letters suggest Lee thought never. When a Gettysburg memorial association invited Lee to attend a meeting "for the purpose of marking upon the ground by enduring memorials of granite the positions and movements of the armies," Lee declined.

"I think it wiser moreover not to keep open the sores of war, but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavoured to obliterate the marks of civil strife and to commit to oblivion the feelings it engendered," he wrote.

What Robert E. Lee can teach us about Confederate memorials (Opinion) - CNN.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope
Not a clue. I am not a republican or a christian or a hillybilly. Next ignorant comment?
General Lee was wise in his comments, why don't folks in the present day heed his advice?

Old 09-08-2016, 05:16 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,769,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're right. Good.

So is it OK to discuss how bad slavery was ad infinitum without being told to "quit talking about it...no one alive now was a slave."

Well, none of you lived in the Confederacy either.
Wow, what a horrible correlation.

That is like saying don't drive a Toyota because Nissan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies